• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Regarding Cruz and Trump @ RNC

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am not a fan of ether one yet so far they handled that just fine - both of them.

Cruz - well he congratulated Trump - told voters to vote their conscience and so what he did not endorse. He took a happy medium and did not harm yet no solid stamp of approval. People being aggressive toward him were wrong and that is what made RNC and Trump look bad. They could have just not applauded. Only ardent Trump followers would really care an trump already has they vote an those undecided would not be swayed by Cruz yet the reaction by those at the convention really did hurt Trump.

Trump - well what doe he expect with all his vitriol. He tweeted no big deal. That might have been a diss on Cruz yet in reality unless the delegates or RNC or Trump himself whines and spits on Cruz it would really just be noted that day and moved on. Trump should have just say - thanks for the congratulations and picked up the ball and spoke on issues on why he thought voting ones conscience could lead to casting a vote for him.

What is wrong with people? They have advisors and should learn how to handle controversy in their favor.

I would not vote for either of them yet this really is just tabloid fodder and a corporate news story. Oh and big shame for anyone at the RNC that got in Cruz's face or threatened his wife. Good gawd!

I am not a fan of ether one yet so far they handled that just fine - both of them.

Oh and big shame for anyone at the RNC that got in Cruz's face or threatened his wife. Good gawd!

yeah that was uncalled for.

Cruz should have told Trump what was on his mind, what he was going to do as he had decided. Instead he lead Trump on and then stabbed him in the back.

This is not OK for a guy who yaks as much as he does about "honor".

I think there is something to it, Trump is trying to distance the Republicans from the bigoted religious nut jobs. He clearly backs the gay community and his wife women's rights ... and I can only say, its about damn time!

The republicans need to drop these dark age morons.

Rush is wrong, we know this by how Ivanka reacted as she figured out that Cruz was not going to endorse. This worked for Trump as Rush says but Trump had nothing to do with it.

Cruz is a fool, and a really disgusting person, he almost always loses.

Cruz - well he congratulated Trump - told voters to vote their conscience and so what he did not endorse. He took a happy medium and did not harm yet no solid stamp of approval. People being aggressive toward him were wrong and that is what made RNC and Trump look bad. They could have just not applauded. Only ardent Trump followers would really care an trump already has they vote an those undecided would not be swayed by Cruz yet the reaction by those at the convention really did hurt Trump.

Trump - well what doe he expect with all his vitriol. He tweeted no big deal. That might have been a diss on Cruz yet in reality unless the delegates or RNC or Trump himself whines and spits on Cruz it would really just be noted that day and moved on. Trump should have just say - thanks for the congratulations and picked up the ball and spoke on issues on why he thought voting ones conscience could lead to casting a vote for him.

What is wrong with people? They have advisors and should learn how to handle controversy in their favor.

I would not vote for either of them yet this really is just tabloid fodder and a corporate news story. Oh and big shame for anyone at the RNC that got in Cruz's face or threatened his wife. Good gawd!

You expect 22,000 people to act in unison and simply choose not to applaud? That's not going to happen. In a crowd, with rhetoric, we applaud and whistle what we like and boo what we don't.

What did TRUMP expect with all his vitriol? What did Cruz expect? His PAC posted up nude pictures of Trump's wife. Without an immediate condemnation of same from Cruz, exactly what did CRUZ expect?

Trump was misjudged all the way around. He's quite obviously one of those people who hits back as hard or harder. Perhaps we need some of that non-political-correctness in our world today. Not sure. Voters will decide. But he will not be underestimated again, I'd venture.

You expect 22,000 people to act in unison and simply choose not to applaud? That's not going to happen. In a crowd, with rhetoric, we applaud and whistle what we like and boo what we don't.

What did TRUMP expect with all his vitriol? What did Cruz expect? His PAC posted up nude pictures of Trump's wife. Without an immediate condemnation of same from Cruz, exactly what did CRUZ expect?

Trump was misjudged all the way around. He's quite obviously one of those people who hits back as hard or harder. Perhaps we need some of that non-political-correctness in our world today. Not sure. Voters will decide. But he will not be underestimated again, I'd venture.

Well, not his exactly, but a PAC which was a member of TEAM CRUZ did. TEAM CRUZ started it as Trump said, and then yesterday Cruz said "I dont support people who attack my family"......that is exactly the kind of lying slime we should expect by now out of Cruz, as this is how he tends to work.

Cruz committed political suicide WED at least as far as DC goes, nobody wants a worm on their team.

Maybe he is still good enough for Texas politics, they have very low standards down there.

**** CRUZ.

:bomb:

Last edited:
Good points both of you.

Maybe he should have just stayed home as Kasich did.

Tacky all around slinging at each others wives.

Back
Top Bottom