• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Reform Judaism’s Leader Criticizes Religious Right for Intolerance

vergiss said:
:roll:

On behalf of the international Jewish conspiracy, I would like to inform you that you are an idiot.

You only prove my point.You don't deny what I have said,you get personal.An act of desperation.

JOHNYJ said:
You only prove my point.You don't deny what I have said,you get personal.An act of desperation.

No, your point is not even worth responding to. The idea that there is a liberal media that protects the interests of Jews at all costs is nonsensical and paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNYJ
Of course Reform Judaism is the house religion of liberals and the politicaly correct. The left protects Judaism from any criticism .Even going to the extreme to call any criticism of Israel anti-semitiism which is ridiculous. Also Hollywood,yes Hollywood which is heavily influenced by jews,because. Of their talent in the Movie making field protects judaism from any criticism or ridicule.
Engimo said:
No, your point is not even worth responding to. The idea that there is a liberal media that protects the interests of Jews at all costs is nonsensical and paranoid.
I agree Engimo... I find his statements here quite nearly absurd.

Engimo said:

I have never understood how admitting to being human is bad.
Jews have an ability to make movies and to write them.Because of this ability they have a lot of influence in Hollywood. They have used this ability to protect their own and their own interests,which is what any group would do.Reform Judaism also supports all the positions of the left, so the left returns the favor, that includes the Media.

JOHNYJ said:
I have never understood how admitting to being human is bad.
Jews have an ability to make movies and to write them.Because of this ability they have a lot of influence in Hollywood. They have used this ability to protect their own and their own interests,which is what any group would do.Reform Judaism also supports all the positions of the left, so the left returns the favor, that includes the Media.

And this is entirely untrue. I'd like to see an instance of this.

Engimo said:
And this is entirely untrue. I'd like to see an instance of this.

Name one anti-Reform jewish movie?, Now , you can't use any that are anti-Orthodox .Thats the only type of Jew that ever gets criticised and than only mildly .

JOHNYJ said:
Name one anti-Reform jewish movie?, Now , you can't use any that are anti-Orthodox .Thats the only type of Jew that ever gets criticised and than only mildly .

What? I'm talking about showing an example that the government/media is supporting Jews. You're not providing this.

Engimo said:
What? I'm talking about showing an example that the government/media is supporting Jews. You're not providing this.

Never said the govt. was showing a bias towards Judaism. The proof is in what you don't see in the Media ,any real criticism of Judaism which is carried over into any criticism of Israel .

JOHNYJ said:
Never said the govt. was showing a bias towards Judaism. The proof is in what you don't see in the Media ,any real criticism of Judaism which is carried over into any criticism of Israel .

And I am asking you to provide examples of this, which you have not done.

Here are a couple of lists off of the top of my head.

Jewish directors:
1. Steven Spielberg
2. Woody Allen
3. Mel Brooks
4. Ben Stiller

Non-Jewish directors:
1. Clint Eastwood
2. Baz Luhrmann
3. Tim Burton
4. Quentin Tarantino
5. Peter Jackson
6. Spike Jonze
7. Chris Columbus
8. Rob Marshall
9. Oliver Stone
10. Christopher Nolan
11. Martin Scorsese
12. Wes Craven
13. George A. Romero
14. Robert De Niro
15. Richard Attenborough
16. Mel Gibson
17. Ridley Scott

You'll find far more non-Jews than Jews in Hollywood. Based on "what you don't see", maybe the Freemasons are in on the conspiracy, too? When was the last time you saw an anti-Freemason film? :roll: :lol:

vergiss said:
Here are a couple of lists off of the top of my head.

Jewish directors:
1. Steven Spielberg
2. Woody Allen
3. Mel Brooks
4. Ben Stiller

Non-Jewish directors:
1. Clint Eastwood
2. Baz Luhrmann
3. Tim Burton
4. Quentin Tarantino
5. Peter Jackson
6. Spike Jonze
7. Chris Columbus
8. Rob Marshall
9. Oliver Stone
10. Christopher Nolan
11. Martin Scorsese
12. Wes Craven
13. George A. Romero
14. Robert De Niro
15. Richard Attenborough
16. Mel Gibson
17. Ridley Scott

You'll find far more non-Jews than Jews in Hollywood. Based on "what you don't see", maybe the Freemasons are in on the conspiracy, too? When was the last time you saw an anti-Freemason film? :roll: :lol:

Its Interesting you inluded Mel Gibson in your list.Considering the attempt by Hollywood Jews and liberals to destroy him and his movie "THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST '. When Hollywood produces one of its anti-Christian movies and it gets criticised by christians.You hear about " Artistic Freedom " and First Amendment Rights.When the Passion of the Christ was coming out.You didn't hear that.You heard unfounded accusations that it was anti-semitic.Hollywood vilified the movie,Mel Gibson and his family.There was talk of Blacklisting people ( strange behaviour for LIBERALS ) .Full page Ads in the NY Times attacking the movie.Of course they were all lies and people after seeing the movie knew it !
They even put people in concentration camp uniforms to picket the movie in Time square, trying to convince people the movie was anti=semitic. They failed miserably, the movie made over $ 300.000,000 dollars and is expected to make over $ 600,000,000 when everything is totaled up. It was the biggest hit of the year ! Yet didn't get nominated for one important academy award , strange.

JOHNYJ said:
Its Interesting you inluded Mel Gibson in your list.Considering the attempt by Hollywood Jews and liberals to destroy him and his movie "THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST '. When Hollywood produces one of its anti-Christian movies and it gets criticised by christians.You hear about " Artistic Freedom " and First Amendment Rights.When the Passion of the Christ was coming out.You didn't hear that.You heard unfounded accusations that it was anti-semitic.Hollywood vilified the movie,Mel Gibson and his family.There was talk of Blacklisting people ( strange behaviour for LIBERALS ) .Full page Ads in the NY Times attacking the movie.Of course they were all lies and people after seeing the movie knew it !
They even put people in concentration camp uniforms to picket the movie in Time square, trying to convince people the movie was anti=semitic. They failed miserably, the movie made over $ 300.000,000 dollars and is expected to make over $ 600,000,000 when everything is totaled up. It was the biggest hit of the year ! Yet didn't get nominated for one important academy award , strange.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe it was just a bad movie that ripped off its entire script from the 14th century morality plays? I am a Christian and very middle of the road when it comes to politics. That said, I think the movie sucked. I was highly disappointed that I payed 8 bucks to sit down through a played out snuff film with no artistic value beyond the horror movie special effects. I was disgusted by the entire thing. BUT, conservative christian ministers spun by an excellent PR machine guilted whole congregations into going to see the movie. The movie didnt do so well at the box office because people were bent on seeing it...it did well because whole theaters were being taken up by church groups. One of the theaters here in Anchorage reported that during the first week of the movie's showing, the average group was 18.8 tickets.

But, along the same lines, I saw nothing anti-Semetic about the movie either. It did give an account of how it went down in the Bible and the Jews were directly responsible for the death of Christ in all accounts.

jallman said:
But, along the same lines, I saw nothing anti-Semetic about the movie either. It did give an account of how it went down in the Bible and the Jews were directly responsible for the death of Christ in all accounts.
Well, when you break the laws, you get killed.

Thats what happened.

JOHNYJ said:

I heard plenty about artistic freedom and freedom of speech when people criticised that movie, as you do when every movie is crticised on political or religious grounds. Just because some Jews and others had a problem with it doesn't mean a major Hollywood conspiracy was out to get Mel. :lol:

Are you at all familiar with the new film Munich? That's got a lot of criticism, despite being about Israel and made by a Jewish director.

vergiss said:
I heard plenty about artistic freedom and freedom of speech when people criticised that movie, as you do when every movie is crticised on political or religious grounds. Just because some Jews and others had a problem with it doesn't mean a major Hollywood conspiracy was out to get Mel. :lol:

Are you at all familiar with the new film Munich? That's got a lot of criticism, despite being about Israel and made by a Jewish director.

I have heard that it is a very good movie. I have also heard,i don't know. That it was changed to make it seem like the man tracking down the murderers had second thoughts at the end about what he did.Which in real life he did Not !

JOHNYJ said:
I have heard that it is a very good movie. I have also heard,i don't know. That it was changed to make it seem like the man tracking down the murderers had second thoughts at the end about what he did.Which in real life he did Not !

Um... the protagonist is a fictional character, dear.

Back
Top Bottom