• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Referendum finale: Immigration vs Economy

Listen, I understand that everyone seems to be assuming that Bliar was referring to Corbyn, but he denied it. From that article you linked, the very first sentence:
Tony Blair has said it would be a “very dangerous experiment” if Jeremy Corbyn or a populist politician like him were to form a government.

But you are right, there's no way to read him other than being viciously hostile to Corbyn, despite his protestations that he was making a general point about populist leaders. Even if he was not specifically referring to Corbyn, he has form in attacking and undermining the current Labour Party and its leadership. He did the same with Milliband, with him and his fan club working as a fifth column to ensure Labour's defeat in last year's GE. That's not news.

As for talking about a 'dangerous experiment', this caught my eye:

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/ar...ngerous-experiments-by-tony-blair--ZyFW6omL7Z

And this:

Blair, not Corbyn, was Dangerous Experiment | Dissident Voice

There's good reasons why Blair is so widely reviled these days, and not just amongst Labour supporters. I'm looking forward to the Chilcott report being published in a few weeks time. I guess his reputation will take an even harder blow when it's revealed that the Bliar epithet is actually proven to be quite accurate.

Back
Top Bottom