• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reenlistment part 2.

So in June I can submit my package for Renlistment. Now the question is what Base should I request to go to or should I go on MSG Duty (Embassy Duty). Any suggestions?

hmmmm.... you are single? are you looking to lat move? MSG means a year and a half in a ****-hole.

cpwill;bt623 said:
hmmmm.... you are single? are you looking to lat move? MSG means a year and a half in a ****-hole.

Single- yes, Lat move- Hell no I love K-9, MSG is three years, a different Embassy each year.

Only marine base I spent any time at was Yuma, and so my best advice to you is don't go there. I loved my time in San Diego and I believe there is a marine base there, plus a ton of marines at Miramar, which is an awesome nice base.

You up for an SRB from your re-enlistment? I had a small multiplier, but it was almost enough to keep me in.

Haha I just had a convo with CP about this, IIRC his station is Pendleton but he actually preferred to go to Yuma instead. Personally I would love SoCal a hell of a lot more than the middle of the desert, but to each his own eh?

Redress;bt627 said:
Only marine base I spent any time at was Yuma, and so my best advice to you is don't go there. I loved my time in San Diego and I believe there is a marine base there, plus a ton of marines at Miramar, which is an awesome nice base.

You up for an SRB from your re-enlistment? I had a small multiplier, but it was almost enough to keep me in.

There is no SRB for 5811. Also am not in the Corps for the Money.:)

StillBallin75;bt629 said:
Haha I just had a convo with CP about this, IIRC his station is Pendleton but he actually preferred to go to Yuma instead. Personally I would love SoCal a hell of a lot more than the middle of the desert, but to each his own eh?

Spent my time at C-pen, at Mirmar I got annoying Cousin over there that gives the Corps a ver bad name ( P.S. he is an Admin), If go to MCRD I would have to deal with Drill Inductors. Also Alot of my guys at C-pen are getting out so I may have to stay at C-pen to help train the incoming Boots.

You might have to train incoming boots even if you're not a DI or instructor of any type? Why, and what would you be teaching them?

StillBallin75;bt633 said:
You might have to train incoming boots even if you're not a DI or instructor of any type? Why, and what would you be teaching them?

It's called showing them the ropes. Just because they have finish boot and there MOS school doesn't mean they know anything. It's my Job as a NCO to guide and Mentor them. Show them the in and outs of life in the Fleet. Show them advance MP/K-9 Skills that only get from experience. Plus with a huge inflex of boots the unit is going to need NCOs.

cpgrad08;bt631 said:
There is no SRB for 5811. Also am not in the Corps for the Money.:)

Not being in for the money is does not mean you cannot enjoy the money.

By the way, good luck finding a good posting!

cpgrad08;bt634 said:
It's called showing them the ropes. Just because they have finish boot and there MOS school doesn't mean they know anything. It's my Job as a NCO to guide and Mentor them. Show them the in and outs of life in the Fleet. Show them advance MP/K-9 Skills that only get from experience. Plus with a huge inflex of boots the unit is going to need NCOs.

Oh! you mean a lot of your guys contracts' are up and they're leaving, and you also have a lot of new kids fresh out of MOS school and you have to train them. I thought you had meant raw recruits, my bad.

StillBallin75;bt637 said:
Oh! you mean a lot of your guys contracts' are up and they're leaving, and you also have a lot of new kids fresh out of MOS school and you have to train them. I thought you had meant raw recruits, my bad.

You have so much to learn. Recruit means Recruit.

Boot means brand new Marine to the Fleet. Enlisted or Officer.

Back
Top Bottom