• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reducing the number of abortion: serious discussion or verbal morality wars?

Women aren't in on the decision to be viewed as sex vessels and not people.

Sure we are, when we decide for ourselves as people to do or not do things that would not be beneficial for us. Like having a baby if we're still teenagers who haven't even graduated high school, let alone college or trade/professional schools. I don't think that's beneficial for any teen girl.

So I assume you're fine with women being treated like sex objects and not people?

No, I think you're fine with treating women as sex and reproductive objects, since you object to them using birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy in the first place. Not to mention that you're fine with both girls and women being forced to stay pregnant and give birth against their will. How is that "treating women like people," I wonder?

No, using women is when you don't see them as human beings, but only sex vessels unworthy of commitment. .

So unmarried women that have sex arent "human beings?" That's what you just wrote. A piece of paper doesnt make a woman a human being.

All women that are of different faiths than yours or are atheists that have sex are not human beings (since even if married, they are not married in the eyes of YOUR God)?

Thanks...this was a very important admission that altho many of us knew, YOU should take a good hard look at and realize what hateful misogynistic crap your cult has been feeding you.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Women aren't in on the decision to be viewed as sex vessels and not people.

So then ignorant asshole men make that decision? That speaks very very poorly for them and the cult that taught them to think that way.

You are a reflection of your cult and the picture your posts presents is disgusting and misogyinistic and drops to the depths of ignorance. It's a stain on all Christianity and the true Word of God.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

The number of abortions fell to about 625,000 in 2016 according to a few sources using CDC stats. That was the lowest since about 1973 if we can trust the statistics. A women's health site pegs the current number closer to 1 million.

Abstinence is obviously the only birth control that is effective 100% of the time in today's America.

Prior to that, Abstinence, when practiced in Ancient Greece, was sometimes overcome by intervention from Zeus. Later in Imperial Rome abstinence was overcome by Jupiter and, in one notable example in Judea, by the Holy Spirit.

Assuming that humans have no self control, then effective birth control is needed.

Assuming that humans can guide their own actions, education could be helpful.

Can society overcome biology? Apparently, at least in some ways, it can. The Birth Rate in developed countries is way down.

If the number of abortions per thousand is down even marginally and the number of births per 1000 is way down, something has already changed.

Abortion statistics in the United States - Wikipedia

According to you and your ludicrously condescending post, no man that has had sex outside marriage has any self control. Interesting.

"Assuming" that choosing to enjoy responsible sex with a partner means 'no self control,' is a stupid stupid implication. But hey, you've got the 1A behind you.

So I assume you're fine with women being treated like sex objects and not people?

If men are that stupid and ignorant, that's their problem. Men thinking that doesnt make it so.

If that's what your garbage Catholic cult taught you...how can you criticize it? If that's not what your cult taught you...where did you learn it?

So unmarried women that have sex arent "human beings?" That's what you just wrote. A piece of paper doesnt make a woman a human being.

All women that are of different faiths than yours or are atheists that have sex are not human beings (since even if married, they are not married in the eyes of YOUR God)?

Thanks...this was a very important admission that altho many of us knew, YOU should take a good hard look at and realize what hateful misogynistic crap your cult has been feeding you.​

Last edited:

Here's another point:

Perhaps in your experience, women dont enjoy sex. That could be what your misunderstanding here is...that your past/present partners and those women in your 'circle' dont enjoy sex?

What a shame...In 'real life,' men arent taking advantage of women...we DO like sex. Alot! LOL and it's sad if women indoctrinated into your cult dont. Otherwise, how are men 'taking advantage?' We get the same thing out of it...so your posts make no sense.

No, I think you're fine with treating women as sex and reproductive objects, since you object to them using birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy in the first place. Not to mention that you're fine with both girls and women being forced to stay pregnant and give birth against their will. How is that "treating women like people," I wonder?

It's not...it's treating them like ATM machines. The more women reproduce, the more hands to put more $$ into the Catholic cult's collection plates. The more control the cult has over that, the more the $$$.

It's a god-awful avaricious organization...gold and silks and pageantry and art collections and icons...$$ billions, taken from and withheld from its followers, many of whom live in poverty.

Our Lord Jesus wore a simple robe and sandals...no fancy garb necessary to share God's Word.

Anecdotal experience perhaps.

That has to be the case. It's ridiculous to think that a piece of paper makes the difference in sexual pleasure :doh

Precisely, and handing them condoms only increases that sub-human treatment.

Not using condoms at all makes their (the teen guys') treatment of girls even worse IMO. And I doubt many of them, if any, are going to wait for marriage before having sex with a girl for the first time.

It's not...it's treating them like ATM machines. The more women reproduce, the more hands to put more $$ into the Catholic cult's collection plates. The more control the cult has over that, the more the $$$.

Totally agree. However, I seriously doubt that the hard-line Catholic guys are ever going to admit that, publicly or privately. Thankfully, women who don't want to be treated like ATM machines can happily reject those guys and the Catholic Church.

Exactly why do men get to decide women's fates?

It's women deciding it. The pro-life movement is 80% women, and the majority of women consider themselves pro-life and not pro-choice.

Sorry your phony narrative fails.

It's women deciding it. The pro-life movement is 80% women, and the majority of women consider themselves pro-life and not pro-choice.

Sorry your phony narrative fails.

LOL Last time you said it was 90% women.

It's women deciding it. The pro-life movement is 80% women, and the majority of women consider themselves pro-life and not pro-choice. Sorry your phony narrative fails.

And you got that statistic from...where? Oh, and women can and do decide other things. Like choosing to have an abortion instead of a baby. Luckily for women in the U.S., staying pregnant is still a choice, which we can reject if some of us don't want it.

LOL Last time you said it was 90% women.

That's what the first "statistic" was, I just couldn't remember the exact number. I wonder what source he's getting this stuff from.

That's what the first "statistic" was, I just couldn't remember the exact number. I wonder what source he's getting this stuff from.

Go to any prolife rally. Go to any PP protest.
Vast majority women. Typically 80-90% women.

Go to any prolife rally. Go to any PP protest.
Vast majority women. Typically 80-90% women.

Absolutely correct! Now go looking for the originators of the movement and the people who run the organizations of the movement . It's 95% old white conservative men. The anti-abortion movement is a male activity. Women are the auxiliary, they hold the bake sales, makes the signs and march in the parades. They decide what flavor cupcakes to make, think up clever slogans, march on the men's schedules and sneak off to get abortions when when you aren't watching them. :mrgreen:

Look up the hundreds of anti-aortion organizations. Get back to us with all those initiated by women and run by women.

Back
Top Bottom