• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reducing the number of abortion: serious discussion or verbal morality wars?

Good Catholics get abortions because it makes sense not to destroy your family with a child or another child that the family can't support either emotionally or financially or physically

Good Catholics abhor abortion.

Good Catholics abhor abortion.

Apparently they don't. They seem understand what their family can handle. Perhaps you should just let them figure it out for themselves without the moral disapproval from you .

Apparently they don't. They seem understand what their family can handle. Perhaps you should just let them figure it out for themselves without the moral disapproval from you .

Again, these are NOT practicing Catholic. They checked a box.

Handing out condoms to uncommitted teens teaches boys to treat women as disposable sex socks. Is that what you want for women?

No, they are not forcing girls to have sex. It is to encourage teens to have responsible sex. Why arent the girls treating the boys like 'your disgusting, Catholic cult description?'

Apparently that's what the Catholic Cult wants people to think of women. Disgusting...but I've often pointed out the misogyny of that cult.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

More trolling. Again, I don't play the 'go fetch' game.

Asking for data for you to back up BS is not trolling. And you dont play that 'game' because you are not capable of doing so in a manner that actually supports your falsehoods.

Unproven means you are wrong. And since your credibility is in the toilet, no additional consideration needs to be given...you posted dishonest BS to shore up your cult's agenda.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Nothing was said about whether these women are 'practicing Catholics'. These subjects just checked a box. Maybe they once went to church when they were with their families. Likely, they've fallen away, and turned to nasty things like abortion.

Of course they're practicing Catholics...you want all "Catholics" to be people that dont sin and then you disown them the minute they do...like the pedo-priests and the gay priests. Even your popes that dont comply with your cult...like those that acknowledge climate change.

Sorry, all people sin, including practicing Catholics. And plenty of practicing Catholics dont follow the BS that your "cult" has try to force on us thru violence, coercion, repression, torture, etc thru the centuries. THey are the good Catholics that try to follow God's Word of brotherly love, forgiveness, peace, and compassion. You should try hanging out with some of them sometime.

Of course they're practicing Catholics...you want all "Catholics" to be people that dont sin and then you disown them the minute they do...like the pedo-priests and the gay priests. Even your popes that dont comply with your cult...like those that acknowledge climate change.

Sorry, all people sin, including practicing Catholics. And plenty of practicing Catholics dont follow the BS that your "cult" has try to force on us thru violence, coercion, repression, torture, etc thru the centuries. THey are the good Catholics that try to follow God's Word of brotherly love, forgiveness, peace, and compassion. You should try hanging out with some of them sometime.

Sure, all people sin, but abortion isn't something you just get into. You had to fall through many layers of debasement to get to the point where you would kill your child.

It makes perfect sense someone who embraces atheist Marxism would hate Catholics so much, as the RCC is in direct opposition to your godless agenda.

Sure, all people sin, but abortion isn't something you just get into. You had to fall through many layers of debasement to get to the point where you would kill your child.

What 'layers?' A moral person (nobody cares that you disagree) enjoys sex with a partner and their birth control faiils. In order to protect her health and uphold her responsibilities to her family and obligations to employer, church, community, society, etc...she decides that abortion is needed in order to uphold all those things.

It makes perfect sense someone who embraces atheist Marxism would hate Catholics so much, as the RCC is in direct opposition to your godless agenda.

I guess you know this since your are an atheist Marxist then. I know little about atheism or marxism...so you seem to be the expert. :shrug:

We can play " my morality is more moral than yours" in an ever-widening circle of accusations until everyone gets tired and angry...
As we have been since I joined online discussions in the late 90s.

And inevitably there's always some new guy who makes this exact same thread as if you just had an original thought.

The only way to reduce elective abortion is by improving personal socio-economic opportunities. Incidentally, this also lowers the general crime rate, suicide, and the divorce rate.

What 'layers?' A moral person (nobody cares that you disagree) enjoys sex with a partner and their birth control faiils. In order to protect her health and uphold her responsibilities to her family and obligations to employer, church, community, society, etc...she decides that abortion is needed in order to uphold all those things.

Ah, the banality of evil. People get so comfortable with grievous sin, they do it without a thought. May you find God someday soon.

Last edited:
Ah, the banality of evil. People get so comfortable with grievous sin, they do it without a thought. May you find God someday soon.

Yes...your cult has filled you with that banality. The evil of the Catholic cult to destroy and dismiss God's Word and instead insert its own self-serving brainwashing to produce more hands to shove $$ into the collection plates. $$ at all costs...and denial of all that does not meet that end...no wonder it represses birth control and gay love. Nothing in it for the Catholic cult!

It's sad that the Catholic CHurch teaches that sex outside marriage with women is 'using them.' For shame! That's some made up crap, women arent any different within or outside of marriage. Women and men enjoy consensual sex, and have every right to appreciate it any time they choose.

It's moronic to hide or discourage the use of birth control, its use reduces abortion by reducing unplanned pregnancies. What kind of cult encourages such stupidity?

Also, "cherishing them" is just a different way of using. None of these recommendations really value women as people. They are either vessels of sex without love or vessels of sex with love, take your pick.

Yes...your cult has filled you with that banality. The evil of the Catholic cult to destroy and dismiss God's Word and instead insert its own self-serving brainwashing!

Oh, the irony. This exactly what you do when you dismiss explicitly clear scripture you disagree with as the 'writings of men' and insert your own godless interpretation perfectly line with the atheist Marxist agenda.

Also, "cherishing them" is just a different way of using. None of these recommendations really value women as people. They are either vessels of sex without love or vessels of sex with love, take your pick.

No, using women is when you don't see them as human beings, but only sex vessels unworthy of commitment. And that is exactly what the atheist purveyers of condoms to unmarried teens and pre-teens in the public schools are doing. There is NO justification for encouraging and enabling those kids to have sex.

No, using women is when you don't see them as human beings, but only sex vessels unworthy of commitment. And that is exactly what the atheist purveyers of condoms to unmarried teens and pre-teens in the public schools are doing. There is NO justification for encouraging and enabling those kids to have sex.

How about the woman decides her own life?

Women aren't in on the decision to be viewed as sex vessels and not people.

And that's the problem!

The underlying assumptions of this whole conversation are wrong because it doesn't account the fact that half the world's population has their own brain and can make their own decisions, grounding this whole discussion into an inherent misogyny. A person's decision about their life is properly grounded in whether they have achieved fulfilment of their own individual needs and not how they should be sexed.

But no, let's just assume these people are objects instead of a proper discussion of good or bad consequences for various choices.

Last edited:
We can play " my morality is more moral than yours" in an ever widening circle of accusations until everyone gets tired and angry or we can discuss abortion reduction, minus the moral one-up-manship, with the basic understanding that abortion will never disappear. Legal or illegal makes no difference; abortions will always be available.

So, leaving the moral pronouncements out; how will you reduce the number of abortions in the US from the present 800,000 to 400,000. Why will your plan work?

The number of abortions fell to about 625,000 in 2016 according to a few sources using CDC stats. That was the lowest since about 1973 if we can trust the statistics. A women's health site pegs the current number closer to 1 million.

Abstinence is obviously the only birth control that is effective 100% of the time in today's America.

Prior to that, Abstinence, when practiced in Ancient Greece, was sometimes overcome by intervention from Zeus. Later in Imperial Rome abstinence was overcome by Jupiter and, in one notable example in Judea, by the Holy Spirit.

Assuming that humans have no self control, then effective birth control is needed.

Assuming that humans can guide their own actions, education could be helpful.

Can society overcome biology? Apparently, at least in some ways, it can. The Birth Rate in developed countries is way down.

If the number of abortions per thousand is down even marginally and the number of births per 1000 is way down, something has already changed.

Abortion statistics in the United States - Wikipedia

And that's the problem!

The underlying assumptions of this whole conversation are wrong because it doesn't account the fact that half the world's population has their own brain and can make their own decisions, grounding this whole discussion into an inherent misogyny. A person's decision about their life is properly grounded in whether they have achieved fulfilment of their own individual needs and not how they should be sexed.

But no, let's just assume these people are objects instead of a proper discussion of good or bad consequences for various choices.

So I assume you're fine with women being treated like sex objects and not people?

I think it is if for no other reason than to turn down the noise and end one of the divisive topics in American political culture. There is a cost to the woman's body with pregnancy and abortions so it makes it healthier not to get pregnant in the first place and easier to avoid absent work days.

Definitely agree. I'm very glad I never got pregnant, since I never wanted pregnancy or children. Having an abortion can be very expensive, not just for the procedure, but also for the possible costs of travel to get to a clinic and other related expenses, so avoiding unwanted pregnancy by using reliable birth control is much better whenever possible.

It's moronic to hide or discourage the use of birth control, its use reduces abortion by reducing unplanned pregnancies. What kind of cult encourages such stupidity?

The answer is quite obvious, I think. :lol:

The answer is quite obvious, I think. :lol:

What kind of cult encourages unmarried teens and pre-teens to have sex by giving them condoms? Ah, the leftwing atheist cult of course.

Handing out condoms to uncommitted teens teaches boys to treat women as disposable sex socks.

Actually, I think teen boys who pressure teen girls for sex are already treating them that way, condoms or no condoms. I'd like to see teen girls DUMP their teen boyfriends who do this rather than give in to their immature demands for sex and possibly end up pregnant. However, if some girls are going to have sex anyway, it's better to be on reliable birth control first and thus avoid the burden of unwanted pregnancy.

Actually, I think teen boys who pressure teen girls for sex are already treating them that way, condoms or no condoms. I'd like to see teen girls DUMP their teen boyfriends who do this rather than give in to their immature demands for sex and possibly end up pregnant.

Precisely, and handing them condoms only increases that sub-human treatment.

So I assume you're fine with women being treated like sex objects and not people?

And you literally just took the opposite of my point. Good reading comprehension there!

Back
Top Bottom