• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Redistribution?

Xerographica

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A question for the libertarians...

Does redistribution of wealth bribe the poor not to revolt?

A question for the liberals...

Why is redistribution of wealth from rich people to poor people ok but redistribution of jobs from rich countries to poor countries not ok?

Why is redistribution of wealth from rich people to poor people ok but redistribution of jobs from rich countries to poor countries not ok?

Well, to be fair, I don't think it's only liberals who should be concerned about the redistribution of jobs from rich countries to poor countries.

After all, the more jobs that get outsourced from the U.S., the fewer economic opportunities there are for Americans. Also, the major industries that's being outsourced are manufacturing industries. These industries, ever since the industrialization of our nation, have been the core source of jobs for the middle class.

Because these middle class jobs are being outsourced, there is less of a middle class in our nation. That means that the gap between the wealthiest and the poor has been growing. However, the poor do not earn enough that can be taxed to maintain American superiority. That means that the wealthiest have been forced to bear more and more of the tax burden because there are fewer earners of wages at a level easily able to pay taxes to maintain national defense, national infrastructure, regulatory agencies, and law enforcement.

So it's not only liberals who should be concerned, but also conservatives. After all, the greater redistribution of middle class jobs from rich countries to poor countries is one factor that forces greater redistribution of wealth from the wealthiest to the poorest.

If you mean jobs being sent overseas, like free trade, or something like that I have no problem with that as I think globalization is a good thing. If you mean also helping poor countries by sending them welfare checks or something like that, while it would think it is good intentioned, I would say most people do not advocate it because they are not part of our political community,

I have a bit of a nationalistic urge and wish to see my country come out on top. Logically, nations should not be a barrier, but my instincts often form my preferences. Not proud of it, but it is true.

Question for conservatives/libertarians:

Why is redistribution of wealth from the middle class to rich people not only considered ok, but sound economic policy?

people get confused. if someone earns more and more money that is not redistribution, For example when a top poker player wins a big pot that is not redistribution. when Rafa Nadal wins more prize money than the guys ranked 12-600 combined that is not redistribution of money. Redistribution is when the government takes money from someone who earned it, inherited it or won it and gives it to people who did nothing to earn, win or inherit the money

people get confused. if someone earns more and more money that is not redistribution, For example when a top poker player wins a big pot that is not redistribution. when Rafa Nadal wins more prize money than the guys ranked 12-600 combined that is not redistribution of money. Redistribution is when the government takes money from someone who earned it, inherited it or won it and gives it to people who did nothing to earn, win or inherit the money

Oh, so all that money the government shovels into the hands of private businesses through a corrupt contracting process is money they earned.

Got it.

Oh, so all that money the government shovels into the hands of private businesses through a corrupt contracting process is money they earned.

Got it.

you think that most money corporations get comes from that? and that such moneys don't go to say union members, workers etc?

I understand why you are so confused. "corrupt contracting system". Any proof that is widespread? try again, you FAIL on this count

you think that most money corporations get comes from that? and that such moneys don't go to say union members, workers etc?

I understand why you are so confused. "corrupt contracting system". Any proof that is widespread? try again, you FAIL on this count

I looked through my post to find the word "most." Couldn't find it. Can you give me a hand?

I looked through my post to find the word "most." Couldn't find it. Can you give me a hand?

ah OK you think all corporations engage in that

my bad

What level of redistribution of wealth to corporations is acceptable for you?

I don't even agree with your premise or your assumptions

Why is redistribution of wealth from rich people to poor people ok...
How about letting us all know when that starts happening... for the last 30 years its been going in the opposite direction.

Why don't we just keep it simple. You keep most of what you earn and I'll keep most of what I earn. The rest goes to a limited government that keeps us safe and takes care of those who really can't take of themselves because they have no one else to care for them.

How about letting us all know when that starts happening... for the last 30 years its been going in the opposite direction.

really? so there hasn't been billions spent on the poor or middle class and the top 1% don't pay 40% of the income tax and the top 10% don't pay most of the income tax

Why don't we just keep it simple. You keep most of what you earn and I'll keep most of what I earn. The rest goes to a limited government that keeps us safe and takes care of those who really can't take of themselves because they have no one else to care for them.

Well, I hope you don't vote Democrat or Republican, in that case.

The purpose of redistributation is to allow the game to continue.

Someone used a poker tournament as an example. Typically in poker there is one player who is better than all the rest. Ultimately he wins all the money and eventually the fun ends because there is no more money to bet.

The same with our economy, some people attract money, ultimately, without some form of redistributation, they would aquire all of the wealth, and our economy, as we know it today, would end.

What would happen if evaporation stopped? Ultimately, rain would stop, our rivers would stop flowing, and all of the water on earth would be held by our greatest lakes and oceans. Most of our land masses would become barren desserts unable to support life.

The purpose of redistributation is to allow the game to continue.

Someone used a poker tournament as an example. Typically in poker there is one player who is better than all the rest. Ultimately he wins all the money and eventually the fun ends because there is no more money to bet.

The same with our economy, some people attract money, ultimately, without some form of redistributation, they would aquire all of the wealth, and our economy, as we know it today, would end.

What would happen if evaporation stopped? Ultimately, rain would stop, our rivers would stop flowing, and all of the water on earth would be held by our greatest lakes and oceans. Most of our land masses would become barren desserts unable to support life.

There does seem to be some critical breakpoint of wealth disparity that might be part of the trigger for a recession/depression. The Great Depression occured right at such a point, and our latest recession also occured at a high point in wealth disparity. I speculate that this might happen because if too much wealth ends up in the hands of a small number of people, the middle class has less and less to spend. Since the wealthy are running businesses that largely rely on middle class spending, things go haywire.

Obviously there are numerous factors, but I think this may be one of them.

And before the "TAKIN MY MONEEH" crowd chimes in, no, nobody is advocating total equalization here. The communists are not out to get you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom