• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Redistribution mechanics - CRT's view

One of CRT's main failings is makes the assumption that whiteness=privilege, when they would be better served with wealth=privilege.
Actually there is such a thing as white privilege in this country. I have lived in both the north and the south and can tell you it is not just in one part of the country. I actually went to a segregated school in Florida in the early sixties when my father was stationed there. Just so you know I am white and realize that has advantages in this country. And when one race has an advantage or any kind, it will lead to advantages in all parts of ones life.

I've cited many quotes from the founders, school districts and DOE's. I welcome any challenges of my interpretation. For this particular thread, I cite Whiteness As Property in post #28 to demonstrate CRT's desire for redistribution. It's not clear on exactly how it wants to achieve it, so I offered a start to that conversation in the OP.
Might be by making education and job opportunities color blind. You can not tell me that they are at this time in this country. You sound like you believe that there is no racism in this country and you would be wrong. I look at Charlottesville as an example. I look at the number of people who have joined white supremacy groups like the KKK and others in just the last 10 years.

I think many on the left are quietly afraid of a time when race is no longer a consequential issue. It will be a bit like a carpenter losing his hammer.

Well yeah. Racial harmony would be the left's death knell.

Actually there is such a thing as white privilege in this country. I have lived in both the north and the south and can tell you it is not just in one part of the country. I actually went to a segregated school in Florida in the early sixties when my father was stationed there. Just so you know I am white and realize that has advantages in this country. And when one race has an advantage or any kind, it will lead to advantages in all parts of

Majority privilege is nothing new.

For those arguing for reparations, the simple one word answer will ultimately be “more.”
My parents are elderly and their only source of income is Social Security. When reparations goes though I wonder how much money they are going to have to pay Oprah, LeBron, Beyonce, Barack and Kamala.
If my dad's great-great grandfather was a Yankee soldier who was killed freeing the slaves, should my dad get money from Oprah?

Actually there is such a thing as white privilege in this country. I have lived in both the north and the south and can tell you it is not just in one part of the country. I actually went to a segregated school in Florida in the early sixties when my father was stationed there. Just so you know I am white and realize that has advantages in this country. And when one race has an advantage or any kind, it will lead to advantages in all parts of ones life.

How much of your income/wealth is a result of that privilege?

Might be by making education and job opportunities color blind. You can not tell me that they are at this time in this country. You sound like you believe that there is no racism in this country and you would be wrong. I look at Charlottesville as an example. I look at the number of people who have joined white supremacy groups like the KKK and others in just the last 10 years.

CRT is against colorblindness, as that's meritocracy. In post #51, you admit there's white privilege and you took part in it. Are you off the hook because the KKK is worse? Why do you get to keep the wealth you took from Black people through your privilege?

Back
Top Bottom