• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Redefining Race in America

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
by Sonnie Johnson
26 Jul 2013

What if I told you I could solve the issue of racism in America? Bigotry, blind hate, and ignorance constitute part of the human condition. I cannot fight human nature. But what if the cure for real racism in America is nothing more than the definition of the word itself?

Take a moment to define “racism.” Everyone's first instinct is to say "a belief one's group is superior, based on skin color alone." They may phrase it differently but the intent is the same. Most of us have accepted the politically correct definition of racism.

I posed this question to my family, friends, fellow conservatives, and a few liberals—27 people in all. Only one person gave me an alternate definition of racism: Breitbart’s Brandon Darby.

In the sixties, the left changed the definition of racism.

If conservatives complain about the debt, they are racist. If conservatives complain about the deficit, the healthcare system, illegal immigration, Social Security, gun control—any contemporary issue—we are labeled racist.

Adding insult to injury, most calls of racism are shouted by white progressives. White progressives are undoubtedly sincere in their beliefs; they are convinced with 100 percent certainty their shouts of “racism” are completely justified.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Until the American people recognize the fact that Progressives and their ideology are detrimental to their lives and their country there will be racial strife. They are the true racists of the Progressive movement are no different than those that formed the Ku Klux Klan over 148 years ago.

by Sonnie Johnson
26 Jul 2013

What if I told you I could solve the issue of racism in America? Bigotry, blind hate, and ignorance constitute part of the human condition. I cannot fight human nature. But what if the cure for real racism in America is nothing more than the definition of the word itself?

Take a moment to define “racism.” Everyone's first instinct is to say "a belief one's group is superior, based on skin color alone." They may phrase it differently but the intent is the same. Most of us have accepted the politically correct definition of racism.

I posed this question to my family, friends, fellow conservatives, and a few liberals—27 people in all. Only one person gave me an alternate definition of racism: Breitbart’s Brandon Darby.

If conservatives complain about the debt, they are racist. If conservatives complain about the deficit, the healthcare system, illegal immigration, Social Security, gun control—any contemporary issue—we are labeled racist.

Adding insult to injury, most calls of racism are shouted by white progressives. White progressives are undoubtedly sincere in their beliefs; they are convinced with 100 percent certainty their shouts of “racism” are completely justified.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Until the American people recognize the fact that Progressives and their ideology are detrimental to their lives and their country there will be racial strife. They are the true racists of the Progressive movement are no different than those that formed the Ku Klux Klan over 148 years ago.

The disservice you are doing to true conservatives is monu****ingmental. Bang up job.

by Sonnie Johnson
26 Jul 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

I think you doth protest to much....

To the OP:

One day you will note the fact that most people who mock conservatives on this forum will use people like you Wehr to make their point. Which is crying shame since a lot of conservatives on this forum are, I find, much smarter and well informed than most of the conservatives who call themselves such on TV or are in government. So you are effectively bastardizing the whole conservative ideology with biased, uninformed sources.

Now I am not a conservative by european or american standards but I do recognize the importance of having people with opposite and different opinions to my own.

Read more:

Brietbart. They sure weren't very nice to Shirley Sherrod. They tried to make her look like a racist...but it backfired and made them look like the racists.

Last edited:
To the OP:

One day you will note the fact that most people who mock conservatives on this forum will use people like you Wehr to make their point. Which is crying shame since a lot of conservatives on this forum are, I find, much smarter and well informed than most of the conservatives who call themselves such on TV or are in government. So you are effectively bastardizing the whole conservative ideology with biased, uninformed sources.

Now I am not a conservative by european or american standards but I do recognize the importance of having people with opposite and different opinions to my own.

Well said Rainman, now can you send a message to Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Beck, Coulter...

by Sonnie Johnson
26 Jul 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

And this is why no one takes you seriously. Oh yea!!! Its Obama and those pesky progressives fault!

To the OP:

I do not consider him representative of conservatives. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that he espouses conservative values. He just hates Obama and liberals, which is hardly an ideology.

by Sonnie Johnson
26 Jul 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Not interested in what the far right losers at Brightbart have to say about race problems in America.

I know your spiel (It never changes.) Everything is Obama and the Democrats fault.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

I do not consider him representative of conservatives. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that he espouses conservative values. He just hates Obama and liberals, which is hardly an ideology.

Well his tag for political ideology claims conservative. That's what I was going on. I do agree with you, he hardly is a conservative in reality. He's just a hater.

I do not consider him representative of conservatives. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that he espouses conservative values. He just hates Obama and liberals, which is hardly an ideology

I haven't seen any ideological comments from him.

He spends all of his time crying about the Black Man in the White House, and the Democrats.

I don't know what the guy is, but he's not a conservative or any kind of Republican that I have ever known in my 70-years on this planet.

The disservice you are doing to true conservatives is monu****ingmental. Bang up job.

the left is happiest when people like werewolf spout this kind of garbage ... when Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, et al. open their mouths ...

I haven't seen any ideological comments from him.

He spends all of his time crying about the Black Man in the White House, and the Democrats.

I don't know what the guy is, but he's not a conservative or any kind of Republican that I have ever known in my 70-years on this planet.

I prefer to think of him as one of the leading conservatives in the country ... No?

To the OP:

Are you saying he doesn't speak for all conservatives? I thought he did ... My bad ...

It is good to see conservatives distancing themselves from this guy. In order for both sides of the political aisle to have any credibility, reasonable members of each must condemn and distance themselves from the extremists of their OWN side. It doesn't do much good when a liberal or conservative confronts and condemns an extremist of the opposite lean, but it is very powerful when a liberal or conservatives condemns an extremist of THEIR lean... as I see here. Good job.

the left is happiest when people like werewolf spout this kind of garbage ... when Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, et al. open their mouths ...

People like him are one of the main reasons why I am totally opposed to censorship.
Let them spout their hate-filled garbage so that everyone in the USA knows exactly where they are coming from.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP

It is good to see conservatives distancing themselves from this guy. In order for both sides of the political aisle to have any credibility, reasonable members of each must condemn and distance themselves from the extremists of their OWN side. It doesn't do much good when a liberal or conservative confronts and condemns an extremist of the opposite lean, but
it is very powerful when a liberal or conservatives condemns an extremist of THEIR lean... as I see here. Good job.

I totally agree, I won't claim that I have never slipped over the line, but I do believe that we're all Americans and we should be able to disagree without being disagreeable.

People like him are one of the main reasons why I am totally opposed to censorship.
Let them spout their hate-filled garbage so that everyone in the USA knows exactly where they are coming from.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP

comments such as these from the right were more isolated, less frequent in the past ... not anymore ... I think having a black guy in the WH helped bring this kind of thing out more quickly and in higher volumes ... the thing is that there is a lot to criticize Obama about (for example, if he appoints Summers as the Fed Chair instead of a much more qualified individual, hopefully Janet Yellen), but they criticize EVERYTHING he does and make up scandals, take his words out of context, etc. that no one listens to them much anymore ... it defnitely is good for the Dems ....

So you'd prefer call others racist each time there is an incident similar to Martin and Zimmerman calling it a hate crime, but gloss over killings like the Christian/Newsome murders, or the latest in NY State where Christopher Cervini a teen was killed in violation of the Duty to Retreat statute by Roderick Scott. We certainly didn't hear the anguished cries of the Progressive Left shouting racial bias when these killings some of which were horrendous took place. Surely the disservice your claim is firmly seated on the Left foot. Certainly your blinders seem to be on just a little too tight.

comments such as these from the right were more isolated, less frequent in the past ... not anymore ... I think having a black guy in the WH helped bring this kind of thing out more quickly and in higher volumes ... the thing is that there is a lot to criticize Obama about (for example, if he appoints Summers as the Fed Chair instead of a much more qualified individual, hopefully Janet Yellen), but they criticize EVERYTHING he does and make up scandals, take his words out of context, etc. that no one listens to them much anymore ... it defnitely is good for the Dems ....

How quickly one forgets the same criticisms of the previous president that started before his inauguration and continues till today. We call it BDS. Today that has expanded to race baiting whores of the Progressive Left accusing the Right of terrorism and racial inequality.

How quickly one forgets the same criticisms of the previous president that started before his inauguration and continues till today. We call it BDS. Today that has expanded to race baiting whores of the Progressive Left accusing the Right of terrorism and racial inequality.

the left doesn't have to accuse the Right of those things ... you guys do a good job of demonstrating it day in and day out ... after all, look at your posts! Are you blind?

It is good to see conservatives distancing themselves from this guy. In order for both sides of the political aisle to have any credibility, reasonable members of each must condemn and distance themselves from the extremists of their OWN side. It doesn't do much good when a liberal or conservative confronts and condemns an extremist of the opposite lean, but it is very powerful when a liberal or conservatives condemns an extremist of THEIR lean... as I see here. Good job.

It is also important I think for liberals, when confronting some one like this, to state we know he is not representative of conservatives, that for every one of him there is a Zyphlin, or an Anagram, or a Tucker who are not just conservative, but scarey smart and rational.

So you'd prefer call others racist each time there is an incident similar to Martin and Zimmerman calling it a hate crime, but gloss over killings like the Christian/Newsome murders, or the latest in NY State where Christopher Cervini a teen was killed in violation of the Duty to Retreat statute by Roderick Scott. We certainly didn't hear the anguished cries of the Progressive Left shouting racial bias when these killings some of which were horrendous took place. Surely the disservice your claim is firmly seated on the Left foot. Certainly your blinders seem to be on just a little too tight.

Read ALL of the posts here. Again, who has blinders on? Your are clearly obsessed and need some help. You have posted OVER 200 times this month alone about race and racism, the president and his race baiting whores (whatever that means), etc, etc, ad nauseum. At least remove the 'conservative' description from your profile - you're an embarrassment to conservatism and the critical thought which was once a bastion of the conservative movement.

But keep on digging that hole - it's amusing to watch. (In a sick, masochistic way) Liberals and conservatives alike pity you.

And you are doing precisely what you are complaining about that those on the other side do. Congratulations. You have failed on DP's favorite game show, Hypocrisy Check!. I'd give you a consolation prize, but I've had to give out so many, we ran out.

It is also important I think for liberals, when confronting some one like this, to state we know he is not representative of conservatives, that for every one of him there is a Zyphlin, or an Anagram, or a Tucker who are not just conservative, but scarey smart and rational.

I would agree. There are plenty of good conservatives on this site who present themselves well and who are not extremists. The ones you mention are just a few.

Back
Top Bottom