• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RedAkston stepping down

I got a lot of help from Red. Straightforward answers. Much appreciated. A few so obvious, too.

Big Red haha. You said I wouldn't last long, but I outlasted you! hahahahaha

giphy.gif

(Also, Red seems to have a new bar under his name...)

First post. If that's the one you're talking about.

I knew about the down-as-mod/on-as-admin-still thing...didn't notice the DM business

Big Red haha. You said I wouldn't last long, but I outlasted you! hahahahaha

So you come in the day before a dude steps out after yrs of contribution and say you outlasted him. Haha!

good luck in your endeavors Red....hopefully, you aren't away too long...you were a fair and balanced moderator...that applied the rules to everyone the same.
You will be missed, but hopefully we will still see contributions from you.

How do we know that he's not stepping up from his former position?

How do we know that he's not stepping up from his former position?

You mean becoming a regular poster more freely able to express opinion? Or, what?

Red is still:
1. Admin
2. Dungeon Master
3. Secretly a Cowboys fan

I have followed the history of The Cowboys (at least who has been put on and off the team) since my daughter (and husband) follow(s) them. (My husband doesn't talk about the players as mush as my daughter does unless it is to my daughter during a game. My daughter knows everything about everybody.) I have no idea what you mean about Jerry Jones, however. Would you explain?

I have no idea what you mean about Jerry Jones, however. Would you explain?
A very reactionary and verbal buffoon that owns the Dallas Cowboys. He fired a bunch of folks in 2003 which pissed a lot of people off.

He isn't very well liked at all.

A very reactionary and verbal buffoon that owns the Dallas Cowboys. He fired a bunch of folks in 2003 which pissed a lot of people off.

Dan Snyder is lower than Jerry….

Thank you for your answer, Schweddy. :) I have heard his name thousands of times, but I really don't follow who is who amongst most coaches and owners. If I do anything, it is to look at the field during a game and then my daughter tells me about a player doing something.

Thank you for your answer, Schweddy. :) I have heard his name thousands of times, but I really don't follow who is who amongst most coaches and owners. If I do anything, it is to look at the field during a game and then my daughter tells me about a player doing something.
I was in a bar in Cuba watching NFL and had to explain to Brits sitting beside me how American football works. They listened attentively and when I was finished one of them smiled and said "you're taking the piss".

It was understandable because when I was explaining it I was thinking "this sounds like a stupid game when you're trying to explain it."

I was in a bar in Cuba watching NFL and had to explain to Brits sitting beside me how American football works. They listened attentively and when I was finished one of them smiled and said "you're taking the piss".

It was understandable because when I was explaining it I was thinking "this sounds like a stupid game when you're trying to explain it."
He was thinking of the rolled up newspaper that he brings to soccer games.

He was thinking of the rolled up newspaper that he brings to soccer games.
I do not understand this allusion. Please explain.
By the way, my father took my brother to a baseball game when he was little, but brought a book. My brother is a big sports fan to this day despite being our father's son.

I do not understand this allusion. Please explain.
By the way, my father took my brother to a baseball game when he was little, but brought a book. My brother is a big sports fan to this day despite being our father's son.
Male British soccer fans bring the rolled up newspaper to pee through without having to leave the game to visit a restroom. They just pee on the grass. Depending upon how many ales they have consumed, quite possibly the back of your pant legs too.

Back
Top Bottom