• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Red State election. Who would win?

Who would win?

• Putin

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Biden

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
I can see you have strong feelings about this and that's fine by me. I'm going to express doubts and let you have the last word because I'm not nearly so interested in the topic.

Was there not a bid for independence in 1917? Was there not an election in 1991 where Ukraine voted for independence by a huge margin? Does our own country have states like Texas that have raised the question of secession?

Even if the regions you mentioned are yearning to be Russian, taking them by military force is wrong and perilously dangerous.

The situation reminds me of the Sudetenland, Hitler, and 1939. I doubt Putin will stop at Ukraine.

Putin's excuse of peacekeeping is an absurd lie and a pitiful excuse to start a war. His version of history is skewed, revisionist and simply twisted. and he is threatening to destabilize the world.

Have you heard what Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is saying about today's events? Is he wrong?

Any chance this is really more about farmland, food, and coal?

Now go ahead to tell me whatever you like. Keep in mind, I will read your reply but I won't reply back to it.

but the one question I HOPE YOU ANSWER PLEASE, get to the point:

whose side are you on?
Know this, there are many ethnic Ukrainians & many Russian ethnics in this country & it's
obvious a few on this site are overly bias & I suppose that's understandable, not me . There is no Ukranian or Russian blood in my veins & I never plan to travel to either of the two countries.
So that I hope answers one of your questions.

This is my point Ukraine since it's freedom from the USSR has been evenly devided. In all their
election as a country most presidents tried to show no favoritism toward either side. One
the blond haired women tried to lead the country toward Europe while Yankovich was Russian leaning, the others tried to accomadate both sides fairly. In Ukraine even during the time of the USSR their always was an anti Russian conclave in the Lviv area mostly Galicians & Poles
who considered themselves to real Ukrainians. Ukraine like all the republics in the USSR did
have some power to initiate laws themselves. This is why Crimea became part of Ukraine.
In 1954, Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev transferred Crimea from Russia to Ukraine. The
explanation was to lesson the weight of the Lviv crowd in local elections.

So Ukraine was always divided between east & west. After the coup many Oblasts tried
to rebel but "Porky' the elected new president after the coup sent the Azov Battalion, the 'Right Sector' & Swoboda' to quell the rebellions in the east. These ultranationalists from Western Ukraine brought to Kiev. Slogans like “Україна — понад усё!” which is just the Ukrainian translation of “Deutschland über alles” – “Germany above everything,” the famous nasty Nazi slogan. This is the only part of the European population which is not repentant about their ancestors’ support for Adolf Hitler, read about Banderra. Even in Latvia or in Finland, which were allied to Nazi Germany at certain periods in their history, even there you don’t have politicians and the mainstream media saying openly that what was done in 1941-42 was right. In Western Ukraine from these people you can hear direct support for Adolf Hitler. They say that Ukrainians are anthropologically superior to Russians, you can read all these terrible stuff in their newspapers and in their Internet messages.

So many reasons I tend to side with the Russian point of view, these are just a few of them!

1645599755268.png

Back
Top Bottom