• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Red State Dems And Immigration Bill

Drake McHugh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
While almost 100% of the focus is on the GOP,what about these senators? I'm referring to Kay Hagan(North Carolina)Baucus and Tester,Begich of Alaska,Mary Landrieu,Mark Pryor,Joe Manchin,Heinkamp. I can't believe the people in Arkansas,West Virgnina or Louisiana support this bill. Why are they standing with a below 50% approval potus,who is no doubt much lower in their states? It will cost some of them their political careers.

While almost 100% of the focus is on the GOP,what about these senators? I'm referring to Kay Hagan(North Carolina)Baucus and Tester,Begich of Alaska,Mary Landrieu,Mark Pryor,Joe Manchin,Heinkamp. I can't believe the people in Arkansas,West Virgnina or Louisiana support this bill. Why are they standing with a below 50% approval potus,who is no doubt much lower in their states? It will cost some of them their political careers.

It very well could cost some of them. I still think its possible Manchin and Hagan end up voting against it. Baucus is retiring so he has nothing to lose by voting for it and Tester and Heitkamp aren't up for election for 5 years, so they are probably mostly safe from the effects of the bill. I remember reading that Begich and Murkowski got an amendment in the bill that specifically helped out Alaska, so maybe Begich is counting on that. I can't expect the bill to help Landrieu or Pryor's already tenuous chances for re-election, but it'll depend on the tone of coverage surrounding the bill and how much of the Senate and House votes for it.

Minor attrition around the edges. The GOP will lose bigtime and on a national scale. The demographics of the next two decade spell the end of the GOP and conservative politics except on a regional marginal basis. The GOP is unlikely to ever be able to elect a president again.

Minor attrition around the edges. The GOP will lose bigtime and on a national scale. The demographics of the next two decade spell the end of the GOP and conservative politics except on a regional marginal basis. The GOP is unlikely to ever be able to elect a president again.

Do you really believe that? Parties have had demographic problems before. Things always reverted. We're never going to have one party rule.

Probably right. It is the goal of the left to create a massive dependency class with the Democratic party as their protector.

Back
Top Bottom