• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Red Fridays

Navy Pride said:
Becasue people from the right support this president and our troops in the war on terror....Not all but a bunch of people from the left do not......

Yeah we have that great thing called freedom of speech and those wonderful guys in Iraq are fighting and dying so those scum from the left have the right to say those disgusting things and burn and mutilate the American flag.....

Think about it...........

Theodore Roosevelt said:
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but it is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him.

If you ask me, Ol' Teddy's got a good point.

Edward R. Murrow said:
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.

You tell 'em, Ed.

Stace said:
What don't you get? It is NOT about the right or left. If you're on one side, you don't automatically agree or disagree with all of this. *shakes head*

My husband fought, and I had friends die, in Iraq. I fought every day here at home. And guess what? While I'll be the first to say that I was one of the ones defending someone's right to talk smack about me, I'd also be one of the first ones to respect them for having the courage to voice their opinion.

With all respect stace and I thank you for your service but you did not serve in combat in Iraq and with all respect to your hubby he probably hates Bush as much as you do............

Engimo said:
If you ask me, Ol' Teddy's got a good point.

You tell 'em, Ed.

Why am I not surprised that would be your opinion?:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Why am I not surprised that would be your opinion?:roll:

Nice job addressing my point there. Dissent is not treasonous, it is essential to a functioning democracy.

Navy Pride said:
With all respect stace and I thank you for your service but you did not serve in combat in Iraq and with all respect to your hubby he probably hates Bush as much as you do............

Does it really matter whether or not I served in combat over there? My husband did, my brother did, my cousin did, my brother in law served in both Afghanistan AND Iraq, my sister in law was also in Afghanistan....what more do you want from my family?

I don't hate Bush, I just don't like him. Hate is a very strong word, and I don't like to use it. I don't even hate my ex-stepfather, whom I have every right to hate. :shrug: Hubby doesn't hate Bush, either. Just doesn't like him.

Navy Pride said:
Yeah we have that great thing called freedom of speech and those wonderful guys in Iraq are fighting and dying so those scum from the left have the right to say those disgusting things and burn and mutilate the American flag.....

Think about it...........
No, you think about it. It doesn't make a LICK of sense. The war against Iraq wasn't made to preserve our freedom of speech. Our freedom of speech was NEVER threatened prior nor during this war by Iraq. :roll:

Engimo said:
Nice job addressing my point there. Dissent is not treasonous, it is essential to a functioning democracy.

You need to go back and read the post.............It was not me that said they were traitorous...Get back to me when you do that..........

Yous support the troops by this statement?

I won't take part in something like this. It's just a chance for pro war hawks and sanctimonius pigs to mastrubate each other and show how much they "love" the troops. It's organized propaganda with the intent of showing how much they "love" the troops and how much we "hate" the troops. If they truely wished to honor the troops in someway, they should invite those who disagree with the war also without any subtelties.

No. . .it doesn't. Your point? Would you have me sing their praises in every single post I write just to make myself feel good? All I need to know is that I am supporting them as best I can by fighting those who sent them there.

shuamort said:
No, you think about it. It doesn't make a LICK of sense. The war against Iraq wasn't made to preserve our freedom of speech. Our freedom of speech was NEVER threatened prior nor during this war by Iraq. :roll:

That is your opinion, I don't happen to agree with it...............I feel that every war be it directly or indirectly freedom of speech is involved.......

FinnMacCool said:
No. . .it doesn't. Your point? Would you have me sing their praises in every single post I write just to make myself feel good? All I need to know is that I am supporting them as best I can by fighting those who sent them there.

Then why would you refuse to participate and wear red on Friday? You have a hell of a way of showing your support..........

Then why would you refuse to participate and wear red on Friday? You have a hell of a way of showing your support..........

You honestly want to know why? Because its retarded. Thats why. It doesn't do anything except boost our egos and make ourselves feel better. I don't need to show my support. I can support my troops without prancing around like an idiot with a bunch of red-neck, country singing, war hungry jerks who couldn't give a damn what happens to the troops.

FinnMacCool said:
You honestly want to know why? Because its retarded. Thats why. It doesn't do anything except boost our egos and make ourselves feel better. I don't need to show my support. I can support my troops without prancing around like an idiot with a bunch of red-neck, country singing, war hungry jerks who couldn't give a damn what happens to the troops.

Go back and read the post..........It has nothing to do with President Bush......It is for supporting the troops...................

Caine said:
I wasn't some whiny ass little baby who needed the people back home to all be sitting around in circles singing kumbaya and praising Jesus for my safe return. I didn't need that stupid ****. I don't care if there is disent back here in the US. It wasn't going to keep me from doing my job and staying alive.

And any soldier who says it made them act otherwise is a shitbag worthless piece of **** ***** ******, who I would have made beat his face for 3 hours until he realized what a queer he was being.

[mod mode]
Is this all really necessary?
No need for all of this inflamatory diction. Some is necessary for honest discussion. But after a point it overshadows the point being made rather than highlight it.
Civility a must.

preciate cha,

SWM
[/mod mode]

Navy Pride said:
I wonder if you would say that to their face or do you just have a lot of bravery sitting behind your computer.........

Which comment to which set of people?

My comment about the protestors?

Or my comment about the ****** soldier who couldn't handle the fact that people were dissenting in the US?

Do you know what the term "beat your face" means in the Military?

I guess not.

Im assuming if you spent a career in the miliary, you AT LEAST made it to some form of NCO status.

Navy Pride said:
You know prior to the war beginning I attended many support the troops rallys......The ones I attended had signs reading support the troops and American flags flying and people singing patriotic songs.........

Then I watched the anti war rallys in San Francisco on CSPAN held by the left....They had signs and American flags to...Only their signs said things like we support the troops if they kill their officers and Bush is a Nazi, and Kill Bush and the American Flags they had they were burning and spitting on.........

Now I ask you which group really supports the troops?

So, because the whackos who were protesting are ****ing stupid and ignorant and make ignorant retarded claims they support the entire left?

Is this how you view the left? In only the extremes like these retard dumbshit protestors?

Im sorry, you need to learn what "the left" really is.......because these fools ain't it.

Navy Pride said:
Go back and read the post..........It has nothing to do with President Bush......It is for supporting the troops...................

Finn didn't say anything about Bush....:confused:

I love how the both of you have ignored my post on how you can REALLY support the troops.....

Navy Pride said:

ALRIGHT EVERYONE....... LISTEN UP!!!!!!

Wearing "Red" on Friday doesn't mean **** to any troops.......

I could have given a **** less than you were wearing red on a certain day to "support" me.

You know how you can support the troops if you really want to?

http://www.treatsfortroops.com

This is a good way to support them, and there are many other ways out there.

This website is the real deal, my last deployment I signed up and got a big ole' package from them with a bunch of stuff in it, and a letter from an old lady, some drawings from kids, etc......

If you want to do something nice for the troops, then contribute to them, and there are other services out there like it as well.

Thats how you can support the troops, in a DIRECT manner, rather than "wearing red".

This wearing red thing is just some more retarded way to divide the nation instead of bringing us together.

"Nuff Said.
:2wave:

Simon W. Moon said:
[mod mode]
Is this all really necessary?
No need for all of this inflamatory diction. Some is necessary for honest discussion. But after a point it overshadows the point being made rather than highlight it.
Civility a must.

preciate cha,

SWM
[/mod mode]

My apologies Mr. Moon.

I get a little carried away when trying to explain that any soldier who lets the dissent and protesting back here in America keep them from doing thier job and staying alive shouldn't be allowed to call themselves a soldier.

Soldiers are supposed to be emotionally Hard. Not weak. Being weak means allowing stuff like Protesting in America to keep you from doing what your told, and staying alive.

In the end, its a Conservatives way to make someone feel bad about thier Dissent. Sorry, Im smarter than that.

Caine said:
Which comment to which set of people?

My comment about the protestors?

Or my comment about the ****** soldier who couldn't handle the fact that people were dissenting in the US?

Do you know what the term "beat your face" means in the Military?

I guess not.

Im assuming if you spent a career in the miliary, you AT LEAST made it to some form of NCO status.

Been there done that on whether you are ex military or not...My comment is what you got warned by the moderator about to tone it down.....I think you know....

Remember when red was associated with our enemies? Remember the cold war? Remember Korea? Remember Vietnam? Hitler also fancied red. Navy, I know you remember those "seas of red". Now all of the sudden you want a "sea of red". It's funny how the "sea of red" people have no problem putting flags and magnets all over their cars (and gas-guzzling SUVs that drive up the demand for oil) that were made in "red China". At what cost do you draw the line to "look" patriotic to your neighbors? Thank the flying spaghetti monster I don't live in a "red" state.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Remember when red was associated with our enemies? Remember the cold war? Remember Korea? Remember Vietnam? Hitler also fancied red. Navy, I know you remember those "seas of red". Now all of the sudden you want a "sea of red". It's funny how the "sea of red" people have no problem putting flags and magnets all over their cars (and gas-guzzling SUVs that drive up the demand for oil) that were made in "red China". At what cost do you draw the line to "look" patriotic to your neighbors? Thank the flying spaghetti monster I don't live in a "red" state.

Did you read the first post.........I think it tells why the color is red.......My personal opinion though is its for the red states..The states that really support their government and the troops........

Navy Pride said:
Did you read the first post.........I think it tells why the color is red.......My personal opinion though is its for the red states..The states that really support their government and the troops........

Yeah, because there's NO way a liberal or even someone that lives in a "blue state" could EVER support the troops.....:roll:

independent_thinker2002 said:

All praise to the flying spaghetti monster!!!

Stace said:
Yeah, because there's NO way a liberal or even someone that lives in a "blue state" could EVER support the troops.....:roll:

Sure there is, I just wish it was all liberals......

Navy Pride said:

It doesn't specifically say why the color red was chosen. Unless it has to do with blood. I would find that ironic that they would choose the color of the blood our troops are bleeding to support them. It just always seems like dictators love the "sea of red". They also hate dissent and will do ANYTHING to shut it down, no matter how ethical or dishonest.

Back
Top Bottom