• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recurrent dreams, those who dream them and what they may mean

Do you have recurring dreams?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chuz Life

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I have had recurring dreams for just about my entire life.

My recurrent dreams usually include flying or levitating in one way or another.

In these dreams it's not as though I am in complete control of my abilities, however.

Sometimes, I have a hard time staying on a ceiling (for example) once I get up there.

When I "fly" or levitate in my dreams, I never have the sense of feeling that I am I control of where I am flying or floating to. (in these dreams,... it almost always involes several members of my family either looking for me or telling me to come back down)

In many of these dreams, I have some telekenetic abilities too. (i.e., I'll stare at something and make it catch fire, melt or move in some way.)

To those who think that if you die in a dream you will really die?

No. I don't think so. I've died many times in my dreams.

Dreams of being chased sometimes gets added to these dreams,.... One example is; something of an animal as big as a Tiger is chasing me. I can feel it swipe as my feet and legs as I run,.... barely missing. When I come to something like a swimming pool or a creek (several feet wide) I just jump (fly) right over it,.... and shortly after clearing the jump,... I'll run into a building and try to shut the door. Only then do I realise that the door is too small for the opening and there's a huge gap with no way to secure it.

Just as the animal gets to the door,... I wake up.

I have several others,... but these are examples of the most recurring.

Last edited:
I used to have recurring nightmares. Had them every night when I was a kid, they kept me from wanting to go to sleep and kept me fearful all day long of when I would eventually *have* to go to sleep. A couple of these dreams involved some "monster" chasing and presumably trying to kill me and my mother or father. Another one was of this cello in my grandmother's attic. Don't ask me why it was a nightmare, but it was. Still gives me cold chills when I think about it, never have been able to explain it. There's a scene in the beginning of the movie "What Lies Beneath" that made my heart start racing - She goes to her attic and finds her old cello there. It was like my nightmare was re-enacted on the screen. LOL Again, no idea why this dream was terrifying, but it fricken WAS.

I also have repetitive flying dreams. Not right now, but I did for awhile. They weren't the same dream over and over, it was more like a continual story that picked up where it left off each night. But, I could fly. I could just run and jump and soar through the air. There were times after waking up that I actually had to mentally remind myself that I could *not* actually do that. :lol:

I've also had some repetitive falling dreams, where my sister, father and I drive off a cliff. I always wake suddenly just as the vehicle hits the ground.

For quite some time though, I've not been able to remember my dreams lately.

I've had many recurrent dreams where I'am a backpacker(I'm one in real life) and typically I'am all by myself and sometimes I fear that I'm going to be killed by the people at the hostels. Or that some paranormal thing happens. I once had a dream where I was in a night train and the ticket clicker never bothered showing up and you know the sounds that a train makes at night? The roaring of the wheels on the iron beams and the clunk effect it has on the trolley. So that can be pretty scary and then when I went out to look for people and couldn't find any it was scary.

i used to have, and still occasionally do, have a dream in which i always end up getting stabbed by something, and i can never remember it, except for vague bits and the sensation of getting stabbed.

I also have repetitive flying dreams. Not right now, but I did for awhile. They weren't the same dream over and over, it was more like a continual story that picked up where it left off each night. But, I could fly. I could just run and jump and soar through the air. There were times after waking up that I actually had to mentally remind myself that I could *not* actually do that. :lol:

In my flying and floating dreams, the way I leave the ground isn't by running or jumping. If I am outside,... I just turn to where the wind is in my face and lean into it.... I feel a 'lightness' in my back around my shoulders and my feet just come off the ground. I get arial views of my family, our homes and usually certain trees,... (on huge cottonwood in particular)

When I "float" indoors, pretty much the same thing. Lean forward, shoulders get light and the feet come off the floor. I like to lay down on the ceiling and wait for people to come through a door so i can scare them,... but usually wake myself laughing with anticipation.

Other times,... I'll see a really high ceiling (Cathederal or Gym) and tell someone,... "do you think I could get on Letterman's stupid people tricks by doing this" and "pop" I float up to the ceiling.

No-one ever seems to be impressed,... except for really young kids who I've lifted of the floor and used my arms as a swing for them.

Who knows? :roll:

Last edited:
i used to have, and still occasionally do, have a dream in which i always end up getting stabbed by something, and i can never remember it, except for vague bits and the sensation of getting stabbed.

I've been stabbed too (what a weird feeling).

Like the first "thunk" of carving a pumpkin and a feeling of disbelief.

I hate it.

One of the times I 'died' in my dreams,... I was in a park and a taxi drove up with someone in the back. I first felt drawn towards the car like I was expecting them,.... then something told me to run. The driver threw a grenade at me and just about blew me in half. I remember laying on my back and straining to look down my chest.... I could see my lower ribs on my left side and nothing below that. I put the back of me right hand over my eyes and said the name of my 'first true love / girlfriend' and everything went black.... what followed that was just as weird,... I was out of body I guess and looking down at my body which was sprawled over the top of her grave.

The odd thing was I had this dream years before she later (actually) did die of cancer.

Up until I was in my mid-thirties, I used to have recurring dreams where I coudn't see, because I couldn't get my eyes to open. At about mid-life, I had some emotional and mental upheavals which "opened" my eyes, and I haven't had the dreams since.:) I have wondered if the dreams were a subconscious knowledge that I needed to expand my horizons and experience some changes in attitude and scope. I dunno. I'm certainly no expert.

I used to have alot of flying dreams, but they've slowed down considerably. They weren't really "soaring" dreams, but "dancing in the air" dreams.:mrgreen:

For the past couple of years, I have mostly really weird dreams. Many of them about old old houses, and occasional ones about sick/dying babies.

''To those who think that if you die in a dream you will really die? ''

I dont think dying dreams mean you will really die. Dreams symbols are often about something else, other than what they seem to the consious mind remembering them when awake.

Try Googling 'Dream Analysis', to find out what your dream symbols may mean. I analyse my dreams often like this, and they generally have a connection with what is happening in my life, especialy emotionally.

I travel quite a lot, and before almost every time I go, I dream that for some reason I cant make it to the flight. For example, I would forget my passport, and it would be too late to go home and get it.

I used to wake up crying with the disappointment of missing my flight. I would then get up to check the date, ticket, time... to reassure myself I had not missed the flight for real. It has happened so often, that these days I realise right away that it was only a dream, and just go back to sleep right away.

Try Googling 'Dream Analysis', to find out what your dream symbols may mean. I analyse my dreams often like this, and they generally have a connection with what is happening in my life, especialy emotionally.

I've tried that with mixed results.

I try not to get caught up in every dream having some sort of deeper meaning,.... if they do,... it will likely surface some other way eventually.

:)

I sometimes feel like I'm having a recurring dream while I'm dreaming, but upon waking and examining it, it turns out it wasn't recurring after all. I just had a sort of deja vu feeling that was part of the dream.

My dad has a recurring dream about a cloud that turns into a dragon.

I have a few different recurring dreams, and they seem to go in cycles. I have bouts of insomnia, and when that happens it seems like I have more recurring dreams when I do sleep. I figure they're all about some kind of stress, somehow. Flying, being chased, being trapped, the usual stuff. Must be my brain's way of dealing with it.

I try not to get caught up in every dream having some sort of deeper meaning,.... if they do,... it will likely surface some other way eventually.

:)

Some of dreams I have are predictions of what is going to happen with other people. But, I am only able to pick up on the meanings, now that I have become very aware of my particular dream symbols. The dreams actually let me know that good vibes or conflict is comming with somebody/bodies. Sometimes, I cant figure a dream out, as what it is telling me seems unlikely, but sure enough within the next few days, I experience the dream. The dream and the reality usually have the emotions in common, but I have to figure out the dream symbols to know who or in what situation I am going to experience the emotions with. Usually, it is not so much what will happen that I will dream, but how I am going to feel about it, and a hazy preview of who it might be with and what they will be doing or saying. Hazy, because what they are doing in the dream is not what they will be doing, but the emotions I feel in the dream will go with what they will be doing. I dont know if any of this is making sense, but dreams are difficult to put into words.

Yeah, and you wake up with a stomach or back ache, depending on where you are stabbed.

ricksfolly

Back
Top Bottom