• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Records of foreign gifts given to Trump and Pence in 2020 are missing, State Department says

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Records of foreign gifts given to Trump and Pence in 2020 are missing, State Department says

iu

The Trump administration did not provide information about gifts from foreign governments in 2020 received by former President Donald Trump, former Vice President Mike Pence, and other White House officials, the State Department said on Friday. As a result, the department said it could not compile a complete and accurate accounting of gifts received by Trump, his family, and other officials during his final year in office. Under federal law, government employees are required to disclose any gifts from foreign governments with a value of over $415 to prevent bribery and undue influence. The Trump administration's failure to provide the information is the latest example of its tendency to flout rules and norms. "It's flagrant, and it looks terrible," Richard W. Painter, the former top ethics lawyer for George W. Bush's administration, told The New York Times. "Either it was really stupid or really corrupt."

I'll go with the "really corrupt" explanation.

Under federal law, government employees are required to disclose any gifts from foreign governments with a value of over $415 to prevent bribery and undue influence.

What's a Trump to do? 🤷

Under federal law, government employees are required to disclose any gifts from foreign governments with a value of over $415 to prevent bribery and undue influence.

What's a Trump to do? 🤷
Lie, cheat, and steal of course.

What's a Trump to do? 🤷
insist that nothing he failed to turn over to the national archives was worth more that $415
much the way he valued his assets come time to pay ad valorem taxes

tRump's technique to avoid putting anything in writing moves to his benefit this time, too

insist that nothing he failed to turn over to the national archives was worth more that $415
much the way he valued his assets come time to pay ad valorem taxes

tRump's technique to avoid putting anything in writing moves to his benefit this time, too
He learned this from Roy Cohen.

Is this like the fake missing 7 hrs story? Ya'll just keep throwing bullshit at the wall and to keep people off balance and unable to remember the last fake story as new ones keep coming out.
Or maybe, just maybe Donald Trump is an unethical, corrupt and grifting skumbag?

Or maybe, just maybe Donald Trump is an unethical, corrupt and grifting skumbag?
How does that explain the fake news stories that keep coming out?

The information contained in the story is either true or it isn't. Based on the history of Donald Trump and what is known about him, guess where my money is?
The information can also be incomplete or selectively edited.

The information can also be incomplete or selectively edited.
I know right? They never talk about the gifts that Trump received and did report. It's like they never ever talk about all the crimes he didn't commit while he was president. If that doesn't prove media bias I don't know what does.

For example, Trump never murdered ME. I'm living proof that Trump is not guilty of at least one crime. And yet, the media never report this. Totally biased.

If you're going to be a follower, find a better class of individuals to follow...
The demented simp currently in the White House is hands down the biggest grifter to ever occupy it. Hands down. No other way to explain the tens of millions his son and brother have made

The demented simp currently in the White House is hands down the biggest grifter to ever occupy it. Hands down. No other way to explain the tens of millions his son and brother have made
Rent free. Let's put it this way, The bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk is more qualified for the presidency and would of handled the job with more dignity than the previous drug addled mobbed up grifter. Trumps only success was to coalesce every guest and audience member of the Jerry Springer show into his base. Trump is human garbage, always has been.

Rent free. Let's put it this way, The bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk is more qualified for the presidency and would of handled the job with more dignity than the previous drug addled mobbed up grifter. Trumps only success was to coalesce every guest and audience member of the Jerry Springer show into his base. Trump is human garbage, always has been.
LOL Your party's 1,245,567 anal cavity investigations and lawsuits of the President to the contrary. But like _______ everyone has an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom