• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Record Gun Sales Continue...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
March Sees Record Gun Sales
Latest figures indicate eleven straight record-setting months

Gun sales broke records yet again in the month of March.

The FBI performed 2,523,265 firearms-related background checks between March 1 and March 31, according to the agency’s records. That’s a new record for the month. It’s nearly 35,000 more checks than the previous record set in March 2014.

Despite the new record, March saw the fewest checks of any month so far in 2016.

The March record is the eleventh straight monthly record for background checks. The unprecedented streak, which began in May 2015, has included all-time records for both monthly and yearly sales. With 7,682,141 checks processed through the FBI’s National Instant Background Check System, 2016 is currently on pace to set another all time yearly sales record.

And as I have pointed out many times, that only covers the ones known to authorities who have gone through an FFL dealer.

Many gun sales are via private party and many guns are privately manufactured at homes and businesses, that cannot be tracked by any authority. An educated guess by this poster, would suggest that thousands more guns have been acquired and/or changed hands.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that my fellow compatriots are armed to the teeth. :)

I guess that is what is behind the price and shortage of .22 ammo!

There is no shortage around Austin [or at least there wasn't last time I checked]

I bought 4 520 rd. boxes back in Dec.

The FBI performed 2,523,265 firearms-related background checks between March 1 and March 31, according to the agency’s records. That’s a new record for the month. It’s nearly 35,000 more checks than the previous record set in March 2014.

Despite the new record, March saw the fewest checks of any month so far in 2016.

The March record is the eleventh straight monthly record for background checks. The unprecedented streak, which began in May 2015, has included all-time records for both monthly and yearly sales. With 7,682,141 checks processed through the FBI’s National Instant Background Check System, 2016 is currently on pace to set another all time yearly sales record.

And as I have pointed out many times, that only covers the ones known to authorities who have gone through an FFL dealer.

Many gun sales are via private party and many guns are privately manufactured at homes and businesses, that cannot be tracked by any authority. An educated guess by this poster, would suggest that thousands more guns have been acquired and/or changed hands.

the more the Democrats attack the 2nd amendment and gun ownership rights, the more we will see record sales.

it's very predictable.

the more firearms the law abiding people keep and bear, the merrier!

Yep!

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that my fellow compatriots are armed to the teeth. :)

Ditto!

Maybe. People are still hording. Walmart told me today that they just can't get them in any quantity, but the Walmart stores back east....can.

There is no shortage around Austin [or at least there wasn't last time I checked]

I bought 4 520 rd. boxes back in Dec.

Not in Oregon, unless you go online, and that is really expensive. Last ones I found here at BiMart, were $1.99 a box of 50 and a 3 box limit. That was in Dec.

Walmart has a 3 box limit as well and can't even keep them on the shelf. If they put them on the shelf at 7-8 am, they are gone by Noon.
Now, 9mm is getting more plentiful all the time. A guy can pick those up for about $9.78-$9.97 a box on a regular basis.

the more the Democrats attack the 2nd amendment and gun ownership rights, the more we will see record sales.

it's very predictable.

Not only gun ownership, but firearms training. In the 80s and 90s, I was one of two guys in the entire county, providing handgun training.....now I'm one of 15... plus it's online.
And I'm as busy as a 3 legged dog herding cattle.

Not in Oregon, unless you go online, and that is really expensive. Last ones I found here at BiMart, were $1.99 a box of 50 and a 3 box limit. That was in Dec.

Walmart has a 3 box limit as well and can't even keep them on the shelf. If they put them on the shelf at 7-8 am, they are gone by Noon.
Now, 9mm is getting more plentiful all the time. A guy can pick those up for about $9.78-$9.97 a box on a regular basis.

I paid about $20 for the 520 rd. box. but, around Christmas time, Bass Pro Shops had tons of them

Wait until it dawns on many that Hillary Clinton will be their next President and watch the sales skyrocket even more. I would suggest that if you want a gun that has detachable magazines or looks like a scary gun better do so now, after the beginning of next year that may not be possible, oh and don't forget to stock up on ammo.

20151204_guns_0.jpg

Several days after releasing a historic front-page Op-Ed calling for gun control in the aftermath of the San Bernardino shooting, the NYT decided to actually do the analysis to find out just what it is that drives gun sales.

In an article title "What Drives Gun Sales", the NYT tries to spread the blame around, accusing everything from loose restrictions, to higher handgun sales, to hurricanes, but the real reason is a simple one. It begins with the letter O, ends in bama, and has made the crusade for gun control one of the core prerogatives of its presidency, as the following chart from the NYT itself shows.

What Drives Gun Sales In America | Zero Hedge

So, you hoard ammo as well ?

Define hoarding?
I do keep enough ammo for each gun so that I can run that gun over a long period of time, both for practice, fun, hunting and defensive situations, that is just properly ensuring that no matter what I have an operational tool. Kind of like ensuring one has enough gas to run their generator(s) for several days or weeks during a power outage, or having enough food and water on hand to cover the families needs during an emergency. Why would that bother you?

Define hoarding?
I do keep enough ammo for each gun so that I can run that gun over a long period of time, both for practice, fun, hunting and defensive situations, that is just properly ensuring that no matter what I have an operational tool. Kind of like ensuring one has enough gas to run their generator(s) for several days or weeks during a power outage, or having enough food and water on hand to cover the families needs during an emergency. Why would that bother you?

It doesn't bother me, it was a troll post. :3oops: There is a reason behind it, states do have hoarding laws that I am unfamiliar with, also certain alphabet agencies may have their own ideas on what hoarding is, depending on the person heading the agency, patriot to bolshevik... So, I was really looking for information on that.

Wait until it dawns on many that Hillary Clinton will be their next President and watch the sales skyrocket even more. I would suggest that if you want a gun that has detachable magazines or looks like a scary gun better do so now, after the beginning of next year that may not be possible, oh and don't forget to stock up on ammo.

Last year I was shopping for a conceal carry gun and went into Bass Pro. After showing me what limited stock they had, (at that time) the salesman explained that guns were selling like hotcakes. He also said that Obama was the best gun salesman ever!
If Hillary is elected, I will be investing in Smith and Wesson and Sturm, Ruger stock. I will do this in December, before her coronation! ;)

It doesn't bother me, it was a troll post. :3oops: There is a reason behind it, states do have hoarding laws that I am unfamiliar with, also certain alphabet agencies may have their own ideas on what hoarding is, depending on the person heading the agency, patriot to bolshevik... So, I was really looking for information on that.
OK. One would have to do some research on what the Feds and States say are acceptable, so far as I know most are pretty lenient on amounts.

Last year I was shopping for a conceal carry gun and went into Bass Pro. After showing me what limited stock they had, (at that time) the salesman explained that guns were selling like hotcakes. He also said that Obama was the best gun salesman ever!
If Hillary is elected, I will be investing in Smith and Wesson and Sturm, Ruger stock. I will do this in December, before her coronation! ;)
Don't forget Cabela's, Gander Mountain and Academy Sports, all have fairly good selections, not to mention the many gun shops, shop around for the best deals, heck even Walmart has some good deals on firearms and ammo. Do not wait until she is sworn in, you may be on borrowed time at that point, get what you want now before the rush at the end of this year and beginning of next and prices go through the roof and some items become scarce as hens teeth.

I'd invest in the product also.

OK. One would have to do some research on what the Feds and States say are acceptable, so far as I know most are pretty lenient on amounts.

Not monitored in TX either

We have crates of it. Decent price (still higher than they should be but not bad).

The thing that has driven the price up the most on 22lr ammo is people that have been trying to profit buy buying all the shelf ammo and then re-selling it online. People need to stop buying commercial ammo from private vendors. Most of those assholes arent shooters. Let them eat their ammo.

I have always lived by the motto if you are going to shoot 4, buy 8. Ive never had a shortage of ammo...even when it was really dire about 4 years back.

So, you hoard ammo as well ?

Indeed. What exactly do you mean by 'hoarding'? If you mean keep a supply of ammo for emergencies, then yes...I too am a hoarder.

I'd invest in the product also.

I plan on doing just that! thanks!

Thinking about a 1911 this time. Also, want a semi-auto shotgun. I know it may be a little off topic, but, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom