• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Record Gun Sales 15 Months Straight...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The latest figures from the FBI show that July 2016 was the 15th consecutive month of record background checks for gun sales.
The previous July record was set in 2015, when there were 1,600,832 background checks. But the FBI reports that July 2016 there were 2,197,169–an increase of nearly 600,000 checks.
FBI: July Was 15th Straight Month Of Record Background Checks - Breitbart

And that only counts the sales that actually have to go through a background check because of a purchase thru an FFL dealer, or thru a private party request.
It does not cover any private sales from guns brought into the US via a plethora of different avenues. Or, sales of guns that have been in private hands, since the US became a country.
I was just shown one last w/e, that had been in a family heirloom collection since the Civil War. And a beautiful specimen it was.

The latest figures from the FBI show that July 2016 was the 15th consecutive month of record background checks for gun sales.
The previous July record was set in 2015, when there were 1,600,832 background checks. But the FBI reports that July 2016 there were 2,197,169–an increase of nearly 600,000 checks.

And that only counts the sales that actually have to go through a background check because of a purchase thru an FFL dealer, or thru a private party request.
It does not cover any private sales from guns brought into the US via a plethora of different avenues. Or, sales of guns that have been in private hands, since the US became a country.
I was just shown one last w/e, that had been in a family heirloom collection since the Civil War. And a beautiful specimen it was.

And what does this mean? According to an ISIS member, more terrorist attacks. From Fox News:

Members of Emni told Sarfo that the group had not had luck infiltrating the U.S. with operatives who had visited Syria, and were instead utilizing social media as the primary method to recruit terrorists.

“For America and Canada, it’s much easier for them to get them over the social network, because they say the Americans are dumb – they have open gun policies,” Sarfo said. “They say ‘We can radicalize them easily, and if they have no prior record, they can buy guns, so we don’t need to have no contact man who has to provide guns for them.’”

And what does this mean? According to an ISIS member, more terrorist attacks. From Fox News:

Members of Emni told Sarfo that the group had not had luck infiltrating the U.S. with operatives who had visited Syria, and were instead utilizing social media as the primary method to recruit terrorists.

“For America and Canada, it’s much easier for them to get them over the social network, because they say the Americans are dumb – they have open gun policies,” Sarfo said. “They say ‘We can radicalize them easily, and if they have no prior record, they can buy guns, so we don’t need to have no contact man who has to provide guns for them.’”

So if we ban guns you think they'd stop attacking?

Yet again, all y'all can think of is "those damn liberals just want to ban all the guns!" The simple FACT that very, very few of us actually want to ban all guns, that what MOST of us want are simple common-sense gun control laws that do NOT significantly "infringe" on 2A rights...no, y'all can't even conceive that, huh?

Why? Thou Shalt Not Question what the NRA tells you. To do so would be simply...unthinkable, huh?

I bet if the stapler industry spent all their resources telling people how Person X was going to take their staplers away we would see the same thing.

And the trend will continue up until Hillary is sworn in and right up until the moment she starts her banning agenda. If there is a specific firearm you would like to get I would suggest getting it before that time and not waiting to the last minute or what you want may be gone or the price gone up to more than you would normally pay. If it is any sort of automatic get as man spare mags that you can afford and do the same with ammo, they will also be some of the first things to go on to any ban. Would she get a fight by Congress, sure, would she manage to pass new restrictions, yes she will. Is what I is, prepare for the future now, tomorrow may be too late. Went to Cabala's last weekend for ore ammo and the gun displays were at least three deep all the way down, looks like many Americans see the light, heck have two different friends, one a liberal and one a Conservative, that are both making their own lowers (technology is a wonderful thing) and stocking up on the rest of the parts, if nothing else they will make a fortune in future sales, last ban a $15 Magpul 30 round mag sold for $100, now that is a good return for ones investment.

I bet if the stapler industry spent all their resources telling people how Person X was going to take their staplers away we would see the same thing.

But Person X has said that they would so it really is not a scare tactic when it is true.

But Person X has said that they would so it really is not a scare tactic when it is true.

No they didn't. I have heard this my whole life. I ain't skeered.

Yet again, all y'all can think of is "those damn liberals just want to ban all the guns!" The simple FACT that very, very few of us actually want to ban all guns, that what MOST of us want are simple common-sense gun control laws that do NOT significantly "infringe" on 2A rights...no, y'all can't even conceive that, huh?

Why? Thou Shalt Not Question what the NRA tells you. To do so would be simply...unthinkable, huh?

Define common-sense gun control, as we know the devil is always in the details.

You might want to do some research, Hillary loves what Australia did. Do not matter if you are or are not, gun ownership is a choice, thing is some want to make their choice but not allow others to have theirs.

You might want to do some research, Hillary loves what Australia did. Do not matter if you are or are not, gun ownership is a choice, thing is some want to make their choice but not allow others to have theirs.

It ain't gonna happen. The closest thing they could do is institute an ammunition tax.

There is no gun law that you can make that would stop a terrorist from getting guns. There is no law that you can make that would stop a criminal from getting guns. Canada has proven that registries do not work, its why they got rid of their long gun registration. UBGC's will only work with those that follow the law. And even then it won't detect straw purchases. Banning people that are on a watch list with no court system goes against the very reason for a justice system at all. Not that it would actually help since they can still get guns illegally.

There is no currently proposed gun control law that would actually help in the slightest. None.

Why don't you instead put your efforts towards actually solving the root problems instead of going after an inanimate object that can't do crap on its own.

It ain't gonna happen. The closest thing they could do is institute an ammunition tax.

Believe that if you wish, I will ensure it does not matter for me, gun wise I am set, still adding more ammo and spare parts.

There is no gun law that you can make that would stop a terrorist from getting guns. There is no law that you can make that would stop a criminal from getting guns. Canada has proven that registries do not work, its why they got rid of their long gun registration. UBGC's will only work with those that follow the law. And even then it won't detect straw purchases. Banning people that are on a watch list with no court system goes against the very reason for a justice system at all. Not that it would actually help since they can still get guns illegally.

There is no currently proposed gun control law that would actually help in the slightest. None.

Why don't you instead put your efforts towards actually solving the root problems instead of going after an inanimate object that can't do crap on its own.

Look at your bolded statement above - that, sir, is the biggest problem of all when it comes to the gun control debate: the assumption that "well, we can't stop them from breaking the law, so why have the laws to begin with?"

The overwhelming majority of us on the Left have no problem at all with law-abiding citizens being able to purchase and keep firearms...but we DO want to make sure not only that ONLY law-abiding citizens can purchase firearms, but also that we give law enforcement the tools they need to track down gun smugglers, and that firearm owners are properly trained in gun safety.

YES, I agree that no matter what laws are passed and enforced, those that really, really, REALLY want firearms will be able to get them...but why the heck make it easy for them? The difference between common-sense gun control laws and NO gun control laws is that the former makes it significantly more difficult for bad guys to get their hands on firearms...and the latter makes it easy for them.

And that's the choice - how many innocent people have to die, year in and year out, simply because we do not have the political courage to make it harder for bad guys to get their hands on firearms?

Yes you want to ban all the guns that actually sell and ban people from carrying them, you yourself are on record as wanting to ban regular hunting rifles as sniper rifles.

Look at your bolded statement above - that, sir, is the biggest problem of all when it comes to the gun control debate: the assumption that "well, we can't stop them from breaking the law, so why have the laws to begin with?"

The overwhelming majority of us on the Left have no problem at all with law-abiding citizens being able to purchase and keep firearms...but we DO want to make sure not only that ONLY law-abiding citizens can purchase firearms, but also that we give law enforcement the tools they need to track down gun smugglers, and that firearm owners are properly trained in gun safety.

YES, I agree that no matter what laws are passed and enforced, those that really, really, REALLY want firearms will be able to get them...but why the heck make it easy for them? The difference between common-sense gun control laws and NO gun control laws is that the former makes it significantly more difficult for bad guys to get their hands on firearms...and the latter makes it easy for them.

And that's the choice - how many innocent people have to die, year in and year out, simply because we do not have the political courage to make it harder for bad guys to get their hands on firearms?

Well since you qualify it that way, how many victims of gun homicide are truly "innocent" ?

And this is the problem with anti-gun folks. They don't realize that the laws that they want will ONLY affect legal gun owners. Or they do and they just don't care. I prefer to actually go at the root of the problems. Since guns are not able to cause crime why go after them? Drug laws haven't done crap to even slightly deter drug use or the sale of drugs. Prohibition also didn't do crap to reduce alcohol consumption. In fact it only caused more crime.

Again, why not go after the actual root problems instead of an inanimate object? I notice that you failed to address that part of my post.

And seriously, around 8 thousand murders a year by gun in the US. It's not near the problem that you anti-gun advocates make it out to be. 8k doesn't even make up 1 percent of the total US population.

:lamo idiot libs sure do!

We already have too many of those. And when you are talking about a Democrat and guns....there is no such thing as common sense!

And btw Glen.....the NRA advises...they do not order. They have never told me what to do or say, I was doing that long before I joined them. They are a good group and demonizing them is irresponsible and naive.
The funny thing is that you Bannerhoids only know one group, when there are many other very powerful gun groups out there. ;)

I bet not....get real, talk sense!

And the trend will continue up until Hillary is sworn in and right up until the moment she starts her banning agenda. If there is a specific firearm you would like to get I would suggest getting it before that time and not waiting to the last minute or what you want may be gone or the price gone up to more than you would normally pay. If it is any sort of automatic get as man spare mags that you can afford and do the same with ammo, they will also be some of the first things to go on to any ban. Would she get a fight by Congress, sure, would she manage to pass new restrictions, yes she will. Is what I is, prepare for the future now, tomorrow may be too late. Went to Cabala's last weekend for ore ammo and the gun displays were at least three deep all the way down, looks like many Americans see the light, heck have two different friends, one a liberal and one a Conservative, that are both making their own lowers (technology is a wonderful thing) and stocking up on the rest of the parts, if nothing else they will make a fortune in future sales, last ban a $15 Magpul 30 round mag sold for $100, now that is a good return for ones investment.

That's what this article is all about...

Me either....I just recognize that Demos are Liars and act accordingly. ;)

Yep...

Exactly. She will have state of the art armed security, but doesn't want the peons to have any.
She is a typical elitist lesbian Lefty.

Last edited:
......................double post.

Last edited:

Calif. has just passed another dumbass law, requiring ID and background checks for every stinking box of ammo purchased. Takes effect 01/01/17/.
It's Unconstitutional...but they don't care...they are liberal douchebags! It has already created a huge Black Market. I'm now aware of a vast supply chain.

Stellar post and spot on! :thumbs::thumbs:

Believe that if you wish, I will ensure it does not matter for me, gun wise I am set, still adding more ammo and spare parts.

I'm set for life......none of these stupid, liberal turd laws, will have any effect on me. And there are thousands out there, just like me.

Yes you want to ban all the guns that actually sell and ban people from carrying them, you yourself are on record as wanting to ban regular hunting rifles as sniper rifles.

Correct.

Well since you qualify it that way, how many victims of gun homicide are truly "innocent" ?

That's a very good point!

And this is the problem with anti-gun folks. They don't realize that the laws that they want will ONLY affect legal gun owners. Or they do and they just don't care. I prefer to actually go at the root of the problems. Since guns are not able to cause crime why go after them? Drug laws haven't done crap to even slightly deter drug use or the sale of drugs. Prohibition also didn't do crap to reduce alcohol consumption. In fact it only caused more crime.

Again, why not go after the actual root problems instead of an inanimate object? I notice that you failed to address that part of my post.

And seriously, around 8 thousand murders a year by gun in the US. It's not near the problem that you anti-gun advocates make it out to be. 8k doesn't even make up 1 percent of the total US population.

Fully agree.

Okay. I'll define what I support. Again.

- background checks required for ALL sales, including private sales.

- registration of all firearms. This has the dual effect of enabling background checks of private sales AND being able to track down and identify gun smugglers...like the ones who smuggle almost a quarter million firearms per year into Mexico. And no, Nazi Germany is NOT a good example of why full registration is a bad idea...because unlike Nazi Germany, we are not a tyranny. We are a first-world democracy...and ALL the other first-world democracies do have full registration, and not a single one of them have devolved into a tyranny as the NRA seems to believe is inevitable when full registration is implemented.

- required notification of the police whenever a firearm is lost or stolen.

- required firearm safety courses before first owning a firearm. None should be needed after the first course.

- personally, I'd prefer required insurance for firearm ownership...but I don't think that one is politically possible.

It boils down to this: make it easy for bad guys to get firearms, and more bad guys WILL get firearms. Make it harder for them to do so, and while many still will, many WON'T...and the right for law-abiding citizens to keep and bear firearms is still protected.

Okay. I'll define what I support. Again.

- background checks required for ALL sales, including private sales.

- registration of all firearms. This has the dual effect of enabling background checks of private sales AND being able to track down and identify gun smugglers...like the ones who smuggle almost a quarter million firearms per year into Mexico. And no, Nazi Germany is NOT a good example of why full registration is a bad idea...because unlike Nazi Germany, we are not a tyranny. We are a first-world democracy...and ALL the other first-world democracies do have full registration, and not a single one of them have devolved into a tyranny as the NRA seems to believe is inevitable when full registration is implemented.

- required notification of the police whenever a firearm is lost or stolen.

- required firearm safety courses before first owning a firearm. None should be needed after the first course.

- personally, I'd prefer required insurance for firearm ownership...but I don't think that one is politically possible.

It boils down to this: make it easy for bad guys to get firearms, and more bad guys WILL get firearms. Make it harder for them to do so, and while many still will, many WON'T...and the right for law-abiding citizens to keep and bear firearms is still protected.

Unenforceable

Never going to happen, the citizens will not comply.

Most people do, to claim the insurance if for no other reason.

Most people that buy guns already own other guns so safety courses only impact new buyers, meaning you missed Millions of owners.

Nope, but the again I never thought the government could force someone to buy health insurance. Once again Unenforceable.

None of the above suggestions would make it one but harder for bad guys to get a gun, bad guys do nt follow the law and it is alreadsy illegal for them to own a gun.

So, while your suggestions sound ok on the surface when one actually looks at the details or enforceability of such laws one comes to the conclusion that they would do nothing to keep guns out of the hands of bad people. Not to mention the fact that if the population does not abide by laws they consider unconstitutional then the laws are useless.

Back
Top Bottom