• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recommendations for what to see/do in New Zealand

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Friends of mine are planning a trip at the end of the year, a 9-day visit. They're experienced travelers who always visit wineries (and ship cases home) and who love good music venues. They're finalizing their plans this week, so I thought I'd ask if anybody has any insider recommendations on what not to miss.

Friends of mine are planning a trip at the end of the year, a 9-day visit. They're experienced travelers who always visit wineries (and ship cases home) and who love good music venues. They're finalizing their plans this week, so I thought I'd ask if anybody has any insider recommendations on what not to miss.
Beautiful choice!

I've never been there, but I've heard they have "Hobbit" tours - the various places that Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed.
Personally, one of my bucket list things was to get to New Zealand and tour those two main islands by motorcycle. I know there are at least a couple of rental places because I looked them up the year before COVID came on the scene.
Wish them luck!

Beautiful choice!

I've never been there, but I've heard they have "Hobbit" tours - the various places that Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed.
Personally, one of my bucket list things was to get to New Zealand and tour those two main islands by motorcycle. I know there are at least a couple of rental places because I looked them up the year before COVID came on the scene.
Wish them luck!
I'm sure they've got the accommodations lined up. What might you know about museums and wineries, though? Any good music venues?

I'm sure they've got the accommodations lined up. What might you know about museums and wineries, though? Any good music venues?
Never having been there myself, I couldn't begin to offer anything they couldn't simply find in an online search. As I said, it's a bucket list thing for me. But besides wine and museums, what are their interests?

Never having been there myself, I couldn't begin to offer anything they couldn't simply find in an online search. As I said, it's a bucket list thing for me. But besides wine and museums, what are their interests?
They're pretty sophisticated travelers and interested in "off the beaten path" places as well, of course, as the "must-sees." And they sail. I know that before the pandemic, they and 2-4 other couples went on a 2-week sailing adventure. Can't remember where, though, because they've taken more than one sailing trip. The next trip they're already planning is Vietnam and Cambodia.

Ask @Bodi, he currently lives there and could probably give you some good places to go.

As long as I am not posting some anti-cop threads...
So instead of helping out someone you bring something into an "off topic discussion" thread that has nothing to do with what he was asking?

Since he doesn't want to help, even though he lives there, I'll do my best to help.

I hope this helps even just a little bit. I apologize for him trying to change the subject of the thread and bringing into the thread a completely separate issue.

Two Paddocks wine is very moreish. Owned by actor Sam Neill! He has several NZ wineries.

Last edited:
So instead of helping out someone you bring something into an "off topic discussion" thread that has nothing to do with what he was asking?
I apologize for him trying to change the subject of the thread and bringing into the thread a completely separate issue.
Jesus. It was a joke.

Since he doesn't want to help, even though he lives there, I'll do my best to help.

I hope this helps even just a little bit. I apologize for him trying to change the subject of the thread and bringing into the thread a completely separate issue.
I have actually done 14 of the first 15 things on the list... not number 10.

Moderator's Warning:

As long as I am not posting some anti-cop threads...

You two need to knock this public feud off; you're derailing every thread you're both in with this crap. Thread bans will be the next step.

Back
Top Bottom