• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recognizing a Racist

"racisssst.....SQUAWWWWWK!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thats what you sound like here. :sleep:
being derisive doesn't earn you points, in fact it makes you sound defensive and insecure.
Is there something you are hiding from us?

being derisive doesn't earn you points, in fact it makes you sound defensive and insecure.
Is there something you are hiding from us?

yes, I am hiding something.

I just blew a big fart a few minutes ago, and I think I may have soiled myself a lil bit.
(dont tell anyone)

SERIOUSLY?
I am white, let me repeat, I AM WHITE.
I have no problem feeling secure in my skin, but if a black person, an Asian person, a gay person, wants to tell me about their experience I WILL LISTEN.
in short, I am NOT so insecure to take it as an affront to my manhood or whiteness.
For those who Do feel it is an affront to their manhood or manhood, I would simply ask, WHY?

OK.
But grievances are like a-holes. Everybody got one.

I have lots of grievances, my life has not been easy. My first 40 years were flat broke, saw a few jails, came from a broken home, dealt with serious illness.
Finally a light bulb went on in my head and I said "I'm a fu66ing loser, I dont want to die a great big loser like this."

That was it for me. Buckled down, took out loans, went to school, got my shit together, stopped being hammered 5 days a week.
Now I'm doing a lot better and hopefully will do better still tomorrow. Because I made a plan.

Any person can make a plan. I dont care about "grievances". Quit yer bitchin' and get with the program: or not. I dont want to hear your whining. Nobody wanted to hear mine.
Sitting in front of the likka store complaining about The Man won't get it done. Didn't get it done for me. NOBODY CARED.
And I'm White so I didn't even get to riot and loot. All the change comes from within.

This thread is mostly for those people who will absolutely deny they are racist or have racist views.

In the era of social media, where we can hide behind the guise of anonymity, it is easy to resort to racist tropes, and stereotypes of people of color, and then claim you are not doing so.

However, if you are a racist, it will come out in your arguments and conversations, no matter how carefully you attempt to hide the fact. AND the most ironic part is this:
You really think you are fooling anyone who was brought up to view people as people and have the ability to reason and think for themselves?

So rather than bash my head against those who will deny having a racist bone in their body, I will tell a personal story.

I was born to German parents who emigrated to Canada after WWII and they moved into an ethnically diverse neighborhood in Toronto.

Our next door neighbor was a black man, edging towards retirement age, a widower, and the nicest human being you could ever hope to meet.

He loved his flower garden and never missed an opportunity to pass a bouquet to my mother.

On summer eves, we would sit out on our porch, and our black neighbor on his, and my parents would carry on a very polite conversation back n forth always in friendly enough tones.

But as I grew up, something occurred to me, and I had to ask my parents about it.

It was simply that despite our friendliness with our black neighbor, we never visited his porch nor invited him to ours.

I got curious about that, so I finally reached the age where I thought to ask the question of my parents "why not?"

With perfect candor and straight faces, they said this to mean "We have nothing against Mr.... or black people, we have no bad feelings about them, but inviting them to your home, is just something that isn't done. That isn't racism, that is just the way things are."

From that day forward I learned how to recognize racism in other people, no matter how cute or deflective they try to be about NOT being racist.

Like the man who claims he isn't the least bit misogynistic and claims he believes women are equal to men, but yet expects his wife to stay home to raise the kids and that it is his "duty" to go to work and "provide" - a racist will reveal themselves by what they say and how they say it.
Well many people are talking about different ideas with the word racist.
Many people associate the word with the idea they you dislike or consider a race inferior.
Not inviting a other race over might be that. Or it might be just not wanting to be uncomfortable around people who are different. Any would never invite someone to their home they was the same race but a vastly different culture or economic status for the same reason.

The race baiters want to find racism hidden in every action it seems. But usually it's just people sticking with the familiar. People of all colors do that.

DVhw9ZzW0AAK_t7.jpg

Many people associate the word with the idea they you dislike or consider a race inferior.
Not inviting a other race over might be that. Or it might be just not wanting to be uncomfortable around people who are different. Any would never invite someone to their home they was the same race but a vastly different culture or economic status for the same reason.

The race baiters want to find racism hidden in every action it seems. But usually it's just people sticking with the familiar. People of all colors do that.

“This is ridiculous. Cancel culture has created a herd of race-baiters that are just never going to go away. I’m so sick of this crap!”

Any time racism is pointed out in modern culture, you are guaranteed to see at least one comment like the one above from an agitated white person who feels that their grip on a privileged society is slowly slipping away.

Any person can make a plan. I dont care about "grievances". Quit yer bitchin' and get with the program: or not. I dont want to hear your whining. Nobody wanted to hear mine.
Sitting in front of the likka store complaining about The Man won't get it done. Didn't get it done for me. NOBODY CARED.
And I'm White so I didn't even get to riot and loot. All the change comes from within.
[/QUOTE]

well, nothing more needs to be said, that is one disgusting racist trope right there, I have nothing further to say to you.

You used what was said to segue imto a rant about how republicans are against rebuilding communities, when the only thing I was asking jurrs was to explain what his vision of reparations looks like. If you can't see how you went off topic I can't help you.

One man's "off topic" is another man's "expanding the boundaries so that more of the picture can be seen". I don't like other people to decide what the boundaries on my speech are.

well, nothing more needs to be said, that is one disgusting racist trope right there, I have nothing further to say to you.
[/QUOTE]

-chuckle-
No person with a functioning brain is concerned with what you find "racist" Snowflake. 😂 😉
thats racist.gif

OK.

I have lots of grievances, my life has not been easy. My first 40 years were flat broke, saw a few jails, came from a broken home, dealt with serious illness.
Finally a light bulb went on in my head and I said "I'm a fu66ing loser, I dont want to die a great big loser like this."

That was it for me. Buckled down, took out loans, went to school, got my shit together, stopped being hammered 5 days a week.
Now I'm doing a lot better and hopefully will do better still tomorrow. Because I made a plan.

I congratulate you on getting your **** together and stop being hammered 5 days a week. Any accomplishment in life is a positive. Nonetheless, in reading a few of your posts, evidently your accomplishment was economic in nature only as you don't seem to have gotten better as a person. You talk in a fighting manner (not communicating with understanding of others), you use foul language, you are not understanding that most of us had walls to overcome in our life as well (like you did).

The toughest road to climb in life is that of being what God wants us to be (understanding, loving, helpful and a good person). He never mentioned economics as being a goal to achieve. To be good enough of a person to be loved by others is something that very very difficult to do because it has to come from within ourselves first to become a loving person. It is not something you can simply force yourself to do like getting up in the morning to go to work for a few hours a day. Becoming a good person requires working at it 24 hours a day 365 days a year and every day for the rest of your life. It requires understanding and forgiveness of others. None of which you show in your posts.

Your posts don't show you have accomplished anything in this respect.

Last edited:
I congratulate you on getting your **** together and stop being hammered 5 days a week. Any accomplishment in life is a positive. Nonetheless, in reading a few of your posts, evidently your accomplishment was economic in nature only as you don't seem to have gotten better as a person. You talk in a fighting manner (not communicating with understanding of others), you use foul language, you are not understanding that most of us had walls to overcome in our life as well (like you did).

The toughest road to climb in life is that of being what God wants us to be (understanding, loving, helpful and a good person). He never mentioned economics as being a goal to achieve. To be good enough of a person to be loved by others is something that very very difficult to do because it has to come from within ourselves first to become a loving person. It is not something you can simply force yourself to do like getting up in the morning to go to work for a few hours a day. Becoming a good person requires working at it 24 hours a day 365 days a year and every day for the rest of your life.

I have decided he isn't worth responding to, one only has to read his racist tropes and his disrespectful language to see what we are dealing with.
Not to mention he actually thinks putting other commenters down is a sign of his manhood.
BUT you certainly nailed it when you said "evidently your accomplishment was economic in nature only as you don't seem to have gotten better as a person."

The toughest road to climb in life is that of being what God wants us to be (understanding, loving, helpful and a good person). He never mentioned economics as being a goal to achieve. To be good enough of a person to be loved by others is something that very very difficult to do because it has to come from within ourselves first to become a loving person. It is not something you can simply force yourself to do like getting up in the morning to go to work for a few hours a day. Becoming a good person requires working at it 24 hours a day 365 days a year and every day for the rest of your life.

I am a GREAT person.
I help my neighbors, I mind my business, I help animals.
I dont subscribe to any "god" so I dont have anyone to please there.
Oh no, I "use foul language" bwahahahahaha.
I am a "good person", I couldn't care less about your judgements. Dont care about your phony "god" either. That doesn't enter into my equation.
Have a great day.

I am a GREAT person.
I am a "good person", I couldn't care less about your judgements. Dont care about your phony "god" either. That doesn't enter into my equation.
Have a great day.

You don't know me at all and yet you have already stated "I don't care about your judgements (opinion)". We should all care about how others see us because we will get treated back in the same way that we see them.

Helping neighbors? "I mind my business" is bad because we all need each other to live in life.. If "minding your business" is so important, why don't you move to an island where there are no peole and till your own crops, heal yourself when sick, teach your kids yourself, clean up your own garbage, etc., etc., etc. There "minding your own business works well. "I help animals" means nothing because animals are not "the human race"...........they are animals.

andy by the way, in order to be a "great person" you have to have "others" realize and acknowledge it. You cannot be a great person in your mind alone. If that was the case, then everyone in the world would be a "great" person as no one believes they are not.

You continue to make my point.

Last edited:
I am a GREAT person.
Have a great day.
One single question.

If minding your own business is what you feel proud of doing, why would you join a debate board where "minding your own business" is the last thing that can be done here?

Have you considered that not everyone shares your superlatively broad view of what constitutes racism?

Explain to me: What about the conduct of DP members leads you to believe that the people here--particularly hard-nosed conservatives--would pretend to approve of a given doctrine, or behavior, or tolerance of a given thing despite not actually approving of it?

As a group, do we conservatives strike you as being particularly reserved? Exceptionally sensitive to others' feelings? Do we seem to you to be ashamed of what we believe? Do we seem uncertain or equivocal about it? Or are we not direct, blunt, unapologetic to a fault?

Speaking for myself, I can tell you without qualification that if I consider something to be inferior, immoral, disgusting, etc.--which includes all the factors that might motivate racism and racial hatred--I plainly admit it. I defy anyone who's read my posts on transgenderism, neoconservatism, critical race theory, abortion, communism, etc. to claim otherwise. And as far as DP conservatives go, I'm relatively restrained compared to most of the heavy hitters here. Hence you'll understand why I say the idea of DP members being secret racists who are just too fearful, too ashamed, or too polite to blatantly admit their racist beliefs is absurd on its face.

What you're really exposing here, if anything, is your own psychology. You presume that because you would say something in spite of not believing it, in order to curry favour (or for whatever reason), then anybody here would. Yet all you're really doing is betraying your--calamity's--comfort and familiarity with maintaining pretenses. You're criticizing in others what is inherent to your own ethos.

Just... a thought from a fellow member.

Have a good weekend.
Voter suppression.

OK.

Sounds a little contrived like a cliché.

One single question.

If minding your own business is what you feel proud of doing, why would you join a debate board where "minding your own business" is the last thing that can be done here?
LOL, you are still engaging him, hey, your call, but you know what you will get in return ;)

One single question.

I enjoy discussing politics. Thats why. And I am not on Facebook and do not care to discuss it in person, matter of fact I live in a conservative area and really dont hang around a lot of people around here. Its become a "willfully stupid" type attitude, like listening to an assclown like donnie trump and laughing at experts like Dr. Fauci for instance. Dont really care for the people around here quite honestly, but they mind their business and I mind mine and its fine that way. I have been on my own little compound here for 12 years, and I have spoke to exactly 3 of my neighbors. Over 12 years. And then: we only introduced ourselves and exchanges pleasantries one time. Thats how we like it, and I LOVE it. Cant even see any of my neighbors once the leaves come out.
Yes, I mind my own business and they mind theirs. But that doesn't mean I cant chat on a politics forum, thats not what I meant.

You don't know me at all and yet you have already stated "I don't care about your judgements (opinion)". We should all care about how others see us because we will get treated back in the same way that we see them.

Helping neighbors? "I mind my business" is bad because we all need each other to live in life.. If "minding your business" is so important, why don't you move to an island where there are no peole and till your own crops, heal yourself when sick, teach your kids yourself, clean up your own garbage, etc., etc., etc. There "minding your own business works well. "I help animals" means nothing because animals are not "the human race"...........they are animals.

andy by the way, in order to be a "great person" you have to have "others" realize and acknowledge it. You cannot be a great person in your mind alone. If that was the case, then everyone in the world would be a "great" person as no one believes they are not.

You continue to make my point.

You're babbling a lot now kiddo, babbling sanctimoniously.
Not interested in that, moving along.

yes, I am hiding something.

I just blew a big fart a few minutes ago, and I think I may have soiled myself a lil bit.
(dont tell anyone)

Pretty obvious from the posts.

I enjoy discussing politics. Thats why. And I am not on Facebook and do not care to discuss it in person, matter of fact I live in a conservative area and really dont hang around a lot of people around here. Its become a "willfully stupid" type attitude, like listening to an assclown like donnie trump and laughing at experts like Dr. Fauci for instance. Dont really care for the people around here quite honestly, but they mind their business and I mind mine and its fine that way. I have been on my own little compound here for 12 years, and I have spoke to exactly 3 of my neighbors. Over 12 years. And then: we only introduced ourselves and exchanges pleasantries one time. Thats how we like it, and I LOVE it. Cant even see any of my neighbors once the leaves come out.
Yes, I mind my own business and they mind theirs. But that doesn't mean I cant chat on a politics forum, thats not what I meant.
discussing anything requires that you don't mind your own business. As such, your statement is a dichotomy in and of itself. Minding your own business and "discussing" politics are exact opposites.

Wow, exchanging pleasantries with 3 neighbors over 12 years has to be a record.................even for a loner. Yet, you have the audacity to criticize others? You know nothing about others. You only know yourself and can only compare yourself with yourself. You call that "I love it?" I feel sorry for you. There is no greater joy in life than to share with others.

You're babbling a lot now kiddo, babbling sanctimoniously.
Not interested in that, moving along.
I did not expect any other response from you than the one you gave. You are certainly "unique" in your loneliness.

I did not expect any other response from you than the one you gave. You are certainly "unique" in your loneliness.

Not really "lonely", I am one of those rare and fortunate souls that really enjoy my own company, and these two canine beasts lying at my feet are far better companions than any humans could ever hope to be.They dont stab you in the back, are always happy to see you, and truly appreciate the little things.
I have friends around here dont get me wrong, but I see them mostly in warmer weather when I'm out on my Harley and swimming my laps at the lake. The quarantine has agreed with me actually.

"Great men are like eagles...and build their nests on some lofty solitude."
-Arthur Schopenhauer

Have a good morning, I have some work to do. 👍

Back
Top Bottom