• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recession in 2023? A 98% Chance.

One tool against inflation is a moratorium on spending except for absolute essentials ....... groceries of sorts all else can wait.

Democratic presidents keep having to save the US economy after Republican presidents run it into the ground​

• Since the 1990s, GOP presidents keep running the US economy into recessions.
  • And then Democratic presidents come in and save the economy.
  • Democrats should remind voters of this every chance they get.

GOP Presidents Run US Economy Into Recession, Democrat ...

https://www.businessinsider.com › Opinion › Politics

To anyone willing to respond, what did Biden do to cause this impending recession and what can Biden or Republicans do to avert it, or dampen it. GPappy suggested re implementing Trump's energy but could not, or would not what those were and how they would address a global recession.

Anyone?
The answer is reinstall Trump as President.
Then overnight everything will be fine. No recession, no high interest rates, low inflation, gas down to $1.50/gallon.

Maybe we can ask Trump to just think about re-instating his policies and like a miracle, it will happen

Fox News has trained the dupes that global inflation is Biden’s fault.
That senile demented Joe sure is a powerful evil genius.

The answer is reinstall Trump as President.
Then overnight everything will be fine. No recession, no high interest rates, low inflation, gas down to $1.50/gallon.

Maybe we can ask Trump to just think about re-instating his policies and like a miracle, it will happen
Sadly, your tongue in cheek response is probably not far from what many Trumpers actually believe.

Sadly, your tongue in cheek response is probably not far from what many Trumpers actually believe.
Oh, I have no doubt that many Trumpers actually believe that if Republicans regain House, that on Jan 3, 2023, as McCarthy is sworn in as new Speaker, gas prices will plummet, inflation will drop down to 2%.

The stock market cratered again.

So much "winning" from the Biden Administration.

Biden has run out of petroleum reserves. Gas will be going higher. As fuel costs rise, all prices rise.

Below 29,000 now.
When Obama took office, it was around 8000. What's your point? The market is a gamble. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Some people don't play at all. Losing in the stock market can't be a president's fault. Your money is nothing but someone's wishing on paper. I don't play. Right now, it appears to be the Fed that's causing panic in the markets. Biden did not mess with the Fed at all.

Quit complaining and stick with it. It always rebounds. More so under a democratic administration. Your chances are good.

Biden has run out of petroleum reserves. Gas will be going higher. As fuel costs rise, all prices rise.
Here's the question that no one can seem to answer. Since fuel prices have dropped, why has nothing else dropped with them?

When Obama took office, it was around 8000. What's your point? The market is a gamble. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. Some people don't play at all. Losing in the stock market can't be a president's fault. Your money is nothing but someone's wishing on paper. I don't play. Right now, it appears to be the Fed that's causing panic in the markets. Biden did not mess with the Fed at all.

Quit complaining and stick with it. It always rebounds. More so under a democratic administration. Your chances are good.
Exactly.
While I don't like seeing my retirement accounts go down, it's only on paper. There is no gain or loss until I start cashing it out. And I am years away from that.

But the pubbies, and particularly the Trumpers need something to complain about and blame Biden for. The market is an easy one. Of course, when it inevitably rebounds, they will claim it is in spite of him.

and Inflation will go up and you can bet the people on the right will blame Biden
Have a nice day
Increasing inflation is the sign of a fast growing economy. Complaining about inflation is the same thing as complaining that the economy is improving too quickly. Between "inflation" and "recession," you can complain about any economic trend at all other than complete stagnation, and you can complain about a stagnant economy too.

Increasing inflation is the sign of a fast growing economy. Complaining about inflation is the same thing as complaining that the economy is improving too quickly. Between "inflation" and "recession," you can complain about any economic trend at all other than complete stagnation, and you can complain about a stagnant economy too.
well with what happened in the southeast over the last few days you can bet inflation will rise
Billions of dollars in insurance money and Billions more in FIMA money ,people down there needing most everything stores will be running out of everything and increasing prices on everything,
Heck I left FLA last Tuesday and they knew it was coming and could hit them and prices on things were already going up , in some stores you couldn't find ant water and at Home Depot the price of plywood went was up
It is going to happen and as I said Biden will get all the blame for it
Have a nice day

Why is the United States in a recession already, if global one won't occur until 2023?

That's like saying the United States's covid response couldn't have been helped, because it was a pandemic and not just a national outbreak...

Where do idiots find these talking points?

Yes, all those people in Germany in 1923, and the Confederate states after the civil war really had it great; their economies were doing so well, hence the inflation.

Where do you get these awful taking points? Not from anyone educated, that's for sure.

If Trump hadn't cut taxes for the rich, he would still be President.
He could have. He had it all. But then he blew it. Bigly. He couldn't control his mouth and his NY gangster style didn't scale. He got booted out - not because Biden was better - but because Biden was an alternative to the corruption Trump enabled. Trump's contempt for the law, lack of morals and willingness to lie at the drop of a hat are all good reasons to keep him out of politics. We should all be grateful he's no longer President.

I just looked at that pic again. Do you guys really pay extra to use a card? Here, you not only pay the price shown as any taxes are factored in, but it's the same price however you choose to pay.

He could have. He had it all. But then he blew it. Bigly. He couldn't control his mouth and his NY gangster style didn't scale. He got booted out - not because Biden was better - but because Biden was an alternative to the corruption Trump enabled. Trump's contempt for the law, lack of morals and willingness to lie at the drop of a hat are all good reasons to keep him out of politics. We should all be grateful he's no longer President.
Having someone not as corrupt as Trump; without contempt for law and order, and not a pathological liar in fact did make Biden "better."

well with what happened in the southeast over the last few days you can bet inflation will rise
Billions of dollars in insurance money and Billions more in FIMA money ,people down there needing most everything stores will be running out of everything and increasing prices on everything,
Heck I left FLA last Tuesday and they knew it was coming and could hit them and prices on things were already going up , in some stores you couldn't find ant water and at Home Depot the price of plywood went was up
It is going to happen and as I said Biden will get all the blame for it
Have a nice day
As all presidents do. Humans aren't known for understanding how economic trends work at the national and international level.

Yes, all those people in Germany in 1923, and the Confederate states after the civil war really had it great; their economies were doing so well, hence the inflation.

Where do you get these awful taking points? Not from anyone educated, that's for sure.
I was talking about the inflation post-COVID. Yes, a drastic drop in supply due to a disaster can also cause inflation. But post-COVID inflation is due to a drastic increase in demand. The COVID recession caused a sharp drop in demand as people were sheltering in place, causing supply to dwindle in response to this. The vaccine then caused a sharp increase in demand and supply now has to play catch up. Hence inflation. This is world wide. We can expect an oscillation between inflation and recession for a few years until the economy stabilizes.

There's a 98% chance of a global recession.

New York CNN Business —
"Warning lights are flashing in the global economy as high inflation, drastic rate hikes and the war in Ukraine take their toll.
There is currently a 98.1% chance of a global recession, according to a probability model run by Ned Davis Research.
The only other times that recession model was this high has been during severe economic downturns, most recently in 2020 and during the global financial crisis of 2008 and
2009."

Save us, Joe! :poop:
Would you like to change your percentage?

Back
Top Bottom