• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recent Difference In Smiley Search

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've always had a Recently Used strip at the top of the Smiley choces. It was very convenient not to have to scroll down looking through all the smileys for a particular one. Is there a reason it no longer shows? Something that I need to do ti get it back to normal? Thanks.

I can't say I remember recents in the DP editor, but there isn't one now. I use the emoticons from my keyboard (mobile), which does show recents. If you're on a desktop, there's emoticon plugins for all the browsers. Also, I generally just type for the one I want in the search, "cry, laugh, wink, etc", faster than scrolling through.

I've always had a Recently Used strip at the top of the Smiley choces. It was very convenient not to have to scroll down looking through all the smileys for a particular one. Is there a reason it no longer shows? Something that I need to do ti get it back to normal? Thanks.
This may have reset with the update yesterday. Let me know if you're not seeing "recently used" in a couple of days and I'll dig deeper.

This may have reset with the update yesterday. Let me know if you're not seeing "recently used" in a couple of days and I'll dig deeper.
Thanks Red. This was happening within the last week, before you did the update. Still is the same. I'll give it more time and let you know if it's still not showing in a few days.

@Old 'N Chill Look on the upper right side of your reply box, in front of the Preview link. There should be 4 images there, including a half-circle pointing down toward the left. Click that one and see if the rest of your Image Strip appears. That worked for me once, when I apparently clicked something that made them all go away.

@Old 'N Chill Look on the upper right side of your reply box, in front of the Preview link. There should be 4 images there, including a half-circle pointing down toward the left. Click that one and see if the rest of your Image Strip appears. That worked for me once, when I apparently clicked something that made them all go away.
Thanks Di. I just posted some smileys and that round arrow that points to the left is just an Undo, and the smileys are deleted when I click that. The recently visited strip still does not show, the ones I just clicked on would be there.

Thanks Di. I just posted some smileys and that round arrow that points to the left is just an Undo, and the smileys are deleted when I click that. The recently visited strip still does not show, the ones I just clicked on would be there.
Damn. Sorry to hear that. I'm totally tech-illiterate... which is why I screwed up mine in the first place... but kinda hoped it might help. @RedAkston will probably be able to fix you up, tho'!

Damn. Sorry to hear that. I'm totally tech-illiterate... which is why I screwed up mine in the first place... but kinda hoped it might help. @RedAkston will probably be able to fix you up, tho'!
That's okay Di, I appreciate your trying for me. 🧡 I'm like you, a technophobe and pretty computer illiterate. I didn't get my first computer until 2000, and since I have no kids or geeks around to walk me through things, I've done limited things and learn over the years by taking baby steps.

Still not back to normal Red, not seeing the recently used strip on Smileys. I'm on several other boards that use Xenforo and there are no issues there.

Still not back to normal Red, not seeing the recently used strip on Smileys. I'm on several other boards that use Xenforo and there are no issues there.
I'll look into this over the weekend.

:geek:

This is a known bug and it has already been submitted to xF. We should see this fixed in a future update.

1641074764944.png

1641075039096.png
Looks like we got a bunch of new ones...or rather...I guess I'd never noticed them before.
Decisions, decisions...

1641075501465.png

Just an update for anyone interested. It never went back to normal. Today I clicked on the 3 dot dropdown to the right of the Inser Tables icon. I clicked on the Smiley icon when that dropdown was open and showing 4 other icons. The Recently Used strip came back again, so all is well. I'm on several other boards and never had a problem like that.

Anyway, just sharing in case anyone else has this issue here. (y) 🇺🇸

Sorry, I made a mistake. I was on my laptop when I posted this, a computer I rarely use. On the desktop now and what I said does not make a difference, Recently Used banner does not show at the top. I wonder why it's fine with other Xenforo forums, but not this one.

Sorry, I made a mistake. I was on my laptop when I posted this, a computer I rarely use. On the desktop now and what I said does not make a difference, Recently Used banner does not show at the top. I wonder why it's fine with other Xenforo forums, but not this one.
See post 12.

Back
Top Bottom