• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recent Chinese Efforts To Claim Air Space also a potentiall move on Taiwan?

falcata

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
While reading about the recent conflict of interests between the Chinese and U.S/the Japanese, I was wondering if China was considering this as a potential move on Taiwan as well. I did read about the apparent natural resources the that are within the area, though I also saw a lot of people agree it's China's attempt to assert itself it its own backyard. If so and the Chinese succeed could this impede on Taiwan's sovereignty in the future?

China airspace.jpg

While reading about the recent conflict of interests between the Chinese and U.S/the Japanese, I was wondering if China was considering this as a potential move on Taiwan as well. I did read about the apparent natural resources the that are within the area, though I also saw a lot of people agree it's China's attempt to assert itself it its own backyard. If so and the Chinese succeed could this impede on Taiwan's sovereignty in the future?

View attachment 67157455

China plans to assert its dominion over Taiwan at some point, there is no doubt about that.

They make long term plans, and would RATHER not have to go to war for it... but make no mistake, they intend to have Taiwan someday and dominate the Asian-Pacific region, one way or another.

FALCATA.jpg

China plans to assert its dominion over Taiwan at some point, there is no doubt about that.

They make long term plans, and would RATHER not have to go to war for it... but make no mistake, they intend to have Taiwan someday and dominate the Asian-Pacific region, one way or another.

View attachment 67157456

I know that Taiwan has been dwindling in international importance since they lost their UN seat.

Though may I ask why you posted a picture of a kukuri?

I know that Taiwan has been dwindling in international importance since they lost their UN seat.

Though may I ask why you posted a picture of a kukuri?

While it is similar, it is not a kukri, but a falcata. A greek sword of ancient times, given a Italian name by later antiquarians. :)

While it is similar, it is not a kukri, but a falcata. A greek sword of ancient times, given a Italian name by later antiquarians. :)

Well consider me sheepish :2razz:

I really should have known better.

Well consider me sheepish :2razz:

I really should have known better.

I did it out of simple curiosity, to see if you'd recognize it. :)

Just meant to be a playful poke, though.

You do get points for recognizing it as being similar to a kukri, and knowing enough to say 'kukri' instead of just "Gurkha knife". :)

I did it out of simple curiosity, to see if you'd recognize it. :)

Just meant to be a playful poke, though.

You do get points for recognizing it as being similar to a kukri, and knowing enough to say 'kukri' instead of just "Gurkha knife". :)

Thank you very much for the partial credit at least :)

Back
Top Bottom