• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Recalled Colorado Sen. Angela Giron: We can beat the gun lobby — we already have

Arbo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Recalled Colorado Sen. Angela Giron: We can beat the gun lobby — we already have - The Washington Post

Gun legislation has stalled in Congress because lawmakers fear the fate I suffered — being targeted, voted out or recalled by extremist political activists because of views on firearms safety that dare challenge the gun lobby. The recall fight that my colleague, Colorado Senate President John Morse, and I lost demonstrated that no matter the cost of our political positions, common-sense gun-safety legislation is achievable. Colorado’s newest gun-safety laws have been in effect for months, and the recalls have no bearing on them. The legislation we helped pass proves that the gun lobby can be beaten.

It is understandable she doesn't know the difference between those who know and understand the Constitution and Bill of Rights and 'extremist political activists'. It is a wrong conclusion that is easy to understand, once you realize those who make this mistake don't CARE about the Constitution or BOR.

It certainly seems she is saying that as long as they pass whatever legislation they want, it's ok if they are voted out because it is 'too late', their legislation is law. Quite a disturbing thought process for any elected official (or recalled in this case) to have.

These proposals were, and still are, supported by an majority of Colorado voters. But our experience here in Colorado has been that, while extremist groups have a hard time making their case to general-election voters, they have far more control in low-turnout special elections.

No, they are not supported by a majority of voters. It's simply much harder for you all to pull off your normal voter fraud in a smaller election.

A wide range of special interests that have never been concerned about efforts to curb gun violence were more than happy to let the national gun lobby take the lead in the campaign to remove us from office. The industrialist Koch brothers were also heavily involved in the recalls, which probably owed more to our efforts to limit harmful carbon emissions than our efforts to limit gun violence.

The 'national gun lobby' did not take the lead you moron, local citizens and state pro-2nd amendment groups did. But it's funny you bitch about 'outside help', when it was Bloomberg that funded and support you guys to pass this legislation.

She needs to be involuntarily committed to a mental institution for her own good.

She needs to be involuntarily committed to a mental institution for her own good.

or set forth on the streets with a sign hung from her neck and on her front door saying

I OPPOSE PEOPLE HAVING FIREARMS FOR SELF DEFENSE AND THUS AND MY HOME ARE FREE OF GUNS

or set forth on the streets with a sign hung from her neck and on her front door saying

I OPPOSE PEOPLE HAVING FIREARMS FOR SELF DEFENSE AND THUS AND MY HOME ARE FREE OF GUNS
Drop her off on a bad side of town, with that sign, and a sub text stating she is practicing what she preaches.

Drop her off on a bad side of town, with that sign, and a sub text stating she is practicing what she preaches.

then she would know what its like for poor people to live in places like Chicago where only the mopes, thugs, gangbangers and nutjobs have guns

then she would know what its like for poor people to live in places like Chicago where only the mopes, thugs, gangbangers and nutjobs have guns
And, if she doesn't survive to learn that lesson, no biggie.

And, if she doesn't survive to learn that lesson, no biggie.

if she cannot lead then maybe she can teach others by being an example to others.

Meh - all you need to do is stap a revolver to her fat backside, along with several high capacity magazines and let her worry herself into a tizzie wondering when the revolver will up an join with the magazines and shoot her. IOW - let her own gargantuan stupidity be her undoing.

Back
Top Bottom