• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reasons you believe or don't believe Trump has connections to Putin/Russia?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I believe there are many reasons that one could believe that Trump has connections to Putin/Russia. Here are those I can think of off the top of my head.
!. The Russians interfered in our elections and the Trump campaign had literally hundreds of meetings with Russian persons of interest before, during and even after the election period.
2. Trump has wanted to reduce or remove sanctions on the Russians. Although basically forced to increase sanctions Trump did so at the slowest pace possible and now is trying to reduce the sanctions on one of the principals. I believe this is the start of the Trump people eliminating the sanctions one piece at a time as they can not do it all at once.
3. Trump talking about pulling out of NATO. Putin and the Russians see NATO ass their main problem in trying to bring those nations once part of the USSR back into the fold.
4. Some of Trump's discussions that seem linked directly to talking points of the Russians. This includes such things as the Russian saying that they were worried Poland was going to invade Belarus, Montenegro being a belligerent nation after the Russian backed coup failed, and finally Trump's statement that Russia had been right to invade Afghanistan. All of these were talking points of the Russians that had not been widely disseminated. Question how Trump even knew of them.
5.Trump's admiration of Putin as a strong leader. Trump sees himself as wanting the same powers, including the power to make money from being the leader as Putin has done. I see Trump as having one goal and that is to make money and he is doing so as president. Just look at not only the money from our taxes flowing into his businesses, but even to the fact that though the government is shut down, one part that is open is the parks department keeping open the Trump tower.
6. Then there is the fact that Trump lied by omission when it came to having business with the Russians. First there is the fact that his son in 2008 said they did a lot of business with Russians. Second is Trump's attempt to get a Trump tower built in Moscow. Trump said he had no business connections with the Russians while at the same time bargaining with them for the tower.
These are some of the reason's I believe that Trump had direct connections with Putin/Russia, but perhaps not all. Please give resons why you think tht there are or are not such connections?

Reasons you believe or don't believe Trump has connections to Putin/Russia?
I believe Trump has "connections" to Putin/Russia because:

I believe there are many reasons that one could believe that Trump has connections to Putin/Russia. Here are those I can think of off the top of my head.
!. The Russians interfered in our elections and the Trump campaign had literally hundreds of meetings with Russian persons of interest before, during and even after the election period.
2. Trump has wanted to reduce or remove sanctions on the Russians. Although basically forced to increase sanctions Trump did so at the slowest pace possible and now is trying to reduce the sanctions on one of the principals. I believe this is the start of the Trump people eliminating the sanctions one piece at a time as they can not do it all at once.
3. Trump talking about pulling out of NATO. Putin and the Russians see NATO ass their main problem in trying to bring those nations once part of the USSR back into the fold.
4. Some of Trump's discussions that seem linked directly to talking points of the Russians. This includes such things as the Russian saying that they were worried Poland was going to invade Belarus, Montenegro being a belligerent nation after the Russian backed coup failed, and finally Trump's statement that Russia had been right to invade Afghanistan. All of these were talking points of the Russians that had not been widely disseminated. Question how Trump even knew of them.
5.Trump's admiration of Putin as a strong leader. Trump sees himself as wanting the same powers, including the power to make money from being the leader as Putin has done. I see Trump as having one goal and that is to make money and he is doing so as president. Just look at not only the money from our taxes flowing into his businesses, but even to the fact that though the government is shut down, one part that is open is the parks department keeping open the Trump tower.
6. Then there is the fact that Trump lied by omission when it came to having business with the Russians. First there is the fact that his son in 2008 said they did a lot of business with Russians. Second is Trump's attempt to get a Trump tower built in Moscow. Trump said he had no business connections with the Russians while at the same time bargaining with them for the tower.
These are some of the reason's I believe that Trump had direct connections with Putin/Russia, but perhaps not all. Please give resons why you think tht there are or are not such connections?

I don't see a valid reason among the group The monies Russians spent on social medua advettusing totalling $150,000 and reduced to about $10,000 when analyzed for content (puppies), election related, after the election shoots down the MSM angle. I dont' think Russia should be sanctioned because it is a ploy by the MIC to make Russia a Cold War enemy to keep MIC profits flowing. NATO is a dinosaur that causes Eurasian tensions and should be dismantled. Billionaires do business where profits can be made and Russian billionaires are the same kind of custoer as Bezos, Musk, Branson, etc. The Trump Hotel deal in Moscow would only get the rights to use the Trump name. That's what I know off the top of my head. Trump is a dipsh*t, but the Russian collusion is crap. Manafort's links were with Ukranians.Sanctions those Ukranians.
Expect a turd to be squeezed out by a fieldmouse or RV.
/

Last edited:
I don't see a valid reason among the group The monies Russians spent on social medua advettusing totalling $150,000 and reduced to about $10,000 when analyzed for content (puppies), election related, after the election shoots down the MSM angle. I dont' think Russia should be sanctioned because it is a ploy by the MIC to make Russia a Cold War enemy to keep MIC profits flowing. NATO is a dinosaur that causes Eurasian tensions and should be dismantled. Billionaires do business where profits can be made and Russian billionaires are the same kind of custoer as Bezos, Musk, Branson, etc. The Trump Hotel deal in Moscow would only get the rights to use the Trump name. That's what I know off the top of my head. Trump is a dipsh*t, but the Russian collusion is crap. Manafort's links were with Ukranians.Sanctions those Ukranians.
/

Just a civil question, are you a Russian or a Russian Troll?

/

You don't think Russia should be sanctioned for invading Ukraine, a sovereign country?

You don't think Trump working on a hotel deal that requires Putin's approval compromises Trump's judgment on Russian issues?

The only documented dealings with the Russians are Hill and the DNC paying Fusion GPS to have Christopher Steele compile his phony dossier from Russian sources in an effort to hurt Trump. They also funneled money through the Perkins-Coie law firm without disclosing what it was going to be used for, a possible campaign finance violation. That complaint is pending before the FEC.

Yet, we chase after the imaginary while ignoring the well documented.

You don't think Russia should be sanctioned for invading Ukraine, a sovereign country?

You don't think Trump working on a hotel deal that requires Putin's approval compromises Trump's judgment on Russian issues?

No and No. You talk like what you say is black and white. Clue: get a clue, you need one.
/

The only documented dealings with the Russians are Hill and the DNC paying Fusion GPS to have Christopher Steele compile his phony dossier from Russian sources in an effort to hurt Trump. They also funneled money through the Perkins-Coie law firm without disclosing what it was going to be used for, a possible campaign finance violation. That complaint is pending before the FEC.

Yet, we chase after the imaginary while ignoring the well documented.

Not deflectionn again. Is that all you can do is try and deflect from the question asked by the OP. You Trump cultists are all the same, no good argument, then deflect by mentioning Obama or Hillary. Happens every time because you know that there are actual and provable connections between Trump and the Russians and I mentioned a few.

No and No. You talk like what you say is black and white. Clue: get a clue, you need one.
/

Your avatar looks Russian and you seem to be siding with Russian think, so it seems likely that you are either Russian or even a Russian troll. And nothing in this world is black "or" white, which is the way an American would say that. All of the things I have mentioned were true and provable. And the clue i get from you is that you are not as you seem.

Not deflectionn again. Is that all you can do is try and deflect from the question asked by the OP. You Trump cultists are all the same, no good argument, then deflect by mentioning Obama or Hillary. Happens every time because you know that there are actual and provable connections between Trump and the Russians and I mentioned a few.

Connections? Connections are not a crime. What needs to be proven is a concerted effort between Trump and the Russian government to influence the 2016 election. So, far I've seen no evidence of that whatever. Speculations, guesses and vague dot connecting are not equivalent to proven facts. The things I mentioned are facts. That is the difference.

I believe Trump has "connections" to Putin/Russia because:

Let's see...allowed Putin/Russia to take control of 20% of our uranium reserves? Oh...wait..no...not him.

Allowed the Russian company involved,, Rosatom, to then illegally export US yellow cake uranium (as in nuclear weapons fuel) out of the country, to unknown "European" destination? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Derided his opponent for calling Russia a threat? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Refused to sell arms to Ukraine after to defend against Russia? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Refused to build E.European Missile Defense Shield? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Got caught secretly promising "more flexibility" to Putin on a hot mike? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Ordered our intel to stand down, and not interfere with 2016 Russian meddling? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Allowed Kremlin-linked Veselnitskaya into our country against the advice of his OWN security advisors ? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Contracted with a foreign agent to contact his Kremlin-linked buddies to makeup some bull**** to influence the election? Oh...wait...no..not...not him.

Your confusion about who has been "WORKING FOR RUSSIA" is epidemic to the REFUSE-TO-FACE-THE-FACTS Lying Left...here and elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom