• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Really? US Mercenary Snatch and Grab of Venezuela President Fails Miserably.

Evilroddy

Pragmatic, pugilistic, prancing, porcine politico.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Last edited:
Pompeo is SecState not CIA director. Is this some kind of thought experiment you're putting forth?

He's actually Secretary of State but, as all rational people rightly understand, he's an incomptent and utterly corrupt lickspittle whore.

Tanngrisnir:

Oops! Brain fart. Thanks for sorting me out. I'll make the correction.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Didn't the people vote Maduro out?

I read here that Trump will do the same should he lose.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Pompeo is SecState not CIA director. Is this some kind of thought experiment you're putting forth?

lemmiwinx:

No just a Pompeo-related brain fart on my behalf. But the rest is accurate.

It's fixed now.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy looking rather sheepish.

Eriech:

Nope. Some voted him in while others refused to participate in the election thus guaranteeing another electoral victory for the incompetent Maduro Regime.

As to President Trump, I do not have a working crystal ball, so what might happen is unknown to me.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I think it looks too ham fisted of a coup idea for the US to be behind it. Unless trump woke up one day and said, 'I know, let's kidnap maduro.' On second thought he probably is that dumb.

But all the same it looks more to me like the Venezuelan regime has caught two fall-guys, cooked up a kidnap/coup story to deflect anger outwards as things get worse internally. Now these schmoes may be intel operatives of a sort, or just ex military, but I don't really buy the whole kidnap story.

lemmiwinx:

It's fixed now.

Cheers and be well.

He was Director of the CIA until April 2018

Last edited:
He was Director of the COA until April 2018

Lord Tammerlain

COA? I must be contagious. Sorry for spreading my brain farts around. :)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Lord Tammerlain

COA? I must be contagious. Sorry for spreading my brain farts around. :)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Auto correct on a old phone and lack of reading before hitting the post button

Pompeo is former CIA director, which makes this even more fascist. The four authoritarian horsemen — Miller, Barr, Kushner, Pompeo

You’re assuming Trump and Barr will allow an election, and McConnell will safeguard it from the mutating virus and the latest iteration of foreign intervention.

lemmiwinx:

It's fixed now.

Cheers and be well.

Upon further internet searches it appears Pompeo was CIA director before he was SecState. I'm having major problems justifying my own snark comments about politicians.

I highly, highly doubt the CIA had anything at all to do with this amateur hour garbage.

The "mastermind" is a former Green Beret who wanted to kidnap Maduro for a multi-million dollar ransom.

Cuban intelligence infiltrated the op. Reminds me of Woody Allen's 'Bananas'.

Who paid the mercenaries, it must be wondered.

You’re assuming Trump and Barr will allow an election, and McConnell will safeguard it from the mutating virus and the latest iteration of foreign intervention.
Reading here every day that would be a bad assumption. Many here believe Trump will go full Maduro should he lose in November if he allows an election at all. Lol

Reading here every day that would be a bad assumption. Many here believe Trump will go full Maduro should he lose in November if he allows an election at all. Lol

Have a massive spike in Covid 19 infections and quarantine major US cities starting two weeks before the election. Have the quarantine last for 1 month. Continue with the election but don't make any provision for those in quarantine so the liberal vote doesn't.

Easy win for Trump. Election still occurs Trump supporter s cheer for Trump cause he stuck it to the liberals

Who paid the mercenaries, it must be wondered.

Jean-S:

From the article:

Meanwhile, Florida-based ex-Green Beret Jordan Goudreau, head of the private security firm Silvercorp USA, appeared in a video alongside a former Venezuelan military officer in combat fatigues, in which he confirmed that Denman and Berry were working for him. (Press reports have since revealed that Goudreau had meetings with former longtime Trump bodyguard Keith Schiller, had signed a multimillion-dollar contract with the U.S.-backed Venezuelan opposition, and also claims to have been in contact with the office of Vice President Mike Pence.)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Jean-S:

From the article:

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

It looks like Venezuelan opposition politicians paid for this operation with money they received from the United States government. In such a case, the United States government must accept responsibility for the operation against the government leadership of a country with which America is not at war.

It looks like Venezuelan opposition politicians paid for this operation with money they received from the United States government. In such a case, the United States government must accept responsibility for the operation against the government leadership of a country with which America is not at war.

Jean-S:

American exceptionalism and defacto legal impunity will result in the American Government just brushing this under the covers and trying again by more deniable means. This is no different in character than Colombia where US-trained and backed proxies killed tens of thousands of innocent Colombians between 1992 and 2008 with no consequence for the killers or their American backers. The only thing which can be done is to record and publicise the malfeasance so that one day the American people will be able to see their government's cumulative predations, in the hopes that such information will provoke a political backlash and a US-based legal reaction.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom