• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Really sad news, poor Linda

People who would have died a hundred years ago don't. People who would have died at birth a hundred years ago don't.

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature.

I agree that as we live longer more things go wrong but I know a guy that got Parkinson's in his 40s. I never remember even hearing of this disease until 20 years ago or so although I'm sure it was around. It just seems to me I am hearing about it more and more lately. Maybe this weekend when I have time I'll try to find some stats on this, sure is an awful disease though, just shoot me.

I agree that as we live longer more things go wrong but I know a guy that got Parkinson's in his 40s. I never remember even hearing of this disease until 20 years ago or so although I'm sure it was around. It just seems to me I am hearing about it more and more lately. Maybe this weekend when I have time I'll try to find some stats on this, sure is an awful disease though, just shoot me.

Not only that we're living longer, but people who are genetically flawed live to reproduce. With others who are genetically flawed.

Mom's 86 -- she has had mild Parkinson's for years. I'd imagine it's a different disease when it comes on late in life as opposed to when one is 40ish. To say mom walks slow? Would be an understatement. The other day, I was helping mom get in the car. She got her left foot in and then just sort of stopped, all hunkered to get in the car. Of a sudden, she said, "Maggie, where's my right foot??" I suspect she was sending the signal to move it and it wasn't getting through. Ah, the Golden Years...

Michael J. Fox is going to be in a new series this fall . . .

Not only that we're living longer, but people who are genetically flawed live to reproduce. With others who are genetically flawed.

Mom's 86 -- she has had mild Parkinson's for years. I'd imagine it's a different disease when it comes on late in life as opposed to when one is 40ish. To say mom walks slow? Would be an understatement. The other day, I was helping mom get in the car. She got her left foot in and then just sort of stopped, all hunkered to get in the car. Of a sudden, she said, "Maggie, where's my right foot??" I suspect she was sending the signal to move it and it wasn't getting through. Ah, the Golden Years...

Michael J. Fox is going to be in a new series this fall . . .

Sorry about your mom, that's tough to watch. I do agree that we as a species are getting weaker as modern medicine negates survival of the fittest, that's the trade off I guess. I heard about Fox, good for him!

Back
Top Bottom