• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reality of Gun Ownership by Nation and Violence

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So i am not sure how many people have seen the number of guns owners compared to murder rates by nation. But here it is:

bcddf8fb3f16c83945ae4faad52644e8.jpg

Now. When this got posted up on here...people criticized it as a biased source. But I decided to look for myself by creating an excel document and listing the number of gun owners highest to lowest and graphing that alongside their murder rates.

Do you know what happened? It came out looking roughly like this. (My only issue being how to make it so that the 150 or so nations listed would appear and trying to get the murder stats for 2007). So if you would like to check the validity of this graph...here is what you must do...

United Nations small arms survey 2007. Compare it with lists of murder rates per capita by nation. What you will see is that the nation's with the highest murder rates? They trend lower to middle on the list. They also seem to come from similar geographic locations.

So as you can see...what was the factor in murders? If you read the chart or make one for yourself and do it honestly? You can see that the chart isn't going to depict anything other than a lack of correlation between the 2 statistics. What you might notice instead...is the poverty levels and legal/governmental systems.

Anyway. Enjoy. When I can I'm going to post up my results from a state to state test. But so far the only one I can find for gun owners is background checks. And I don't think that accurately depicts owners.

Ps

Let me know if this picture isn't clear. I tried to make it more clear. That high murder rate is Honduras.

So i am not sure how many people have seen the number of guns owners compared to murder rates by nation. But here it is:

bcddf8fb3f16c83945ae4faad52644e8.jpg

Now. When this got posted up on here...people criticized it as a biased source. But I decided to look for myself by creating an excel document and listing the number of gun owners highest to lowest and graphing that alongside their murder rates.

Do you know what happened? It came out looking roughly like this. (My only issue being how to make it so that the 150 or so nations listed would appear and trying to get the murder stats for 2007). So if you would like to check the validity of this graph...here is what you must do...

United Nations small arms survey 2007. Compare it with lists of murder rates per capita by nation. What you will see is that the nation's with the highest murder rates? They trend lower to middle on the list. They also seem to come from similar geographic locations.

So as you can see...what was the factor in murders? If you read the chart or make one for yourself and do it honestly? You can see that the chart isn't going to depict anything other than a lack of correlation between the 2 statistics. What you might notice instead...is the poverty levels and legal/governmental systems.

Anyway. Enjoy. When I can I'm going to post up my results from a state to state test. But so far the only one I can find for gun owners is background checks. And I don't think that accurately depicts owners.

Ps

Let me know if this picture isn't clear. I tried to make it more clear. That high murder rate is Honduras.

Actually, I still can't see it. Your picture is way too small.

Here's another bit of information few people know about gun homicides in the US.
If you take gangs out of the equation, America is one of the safest countries in the world when it comes to getting murdered by a firearm!

Back
Top Bottom