• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Real GDP: % change from preceding quarter...

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
gdp2q20_adv_chart-1.png

Pretty striking, no?

Reminds me of this. Still trying to understand all this talk of the soaring economy and roaring comeback taking place.
job.jpg

gdp2q20_adv_chart-1.png

Pretty striking, no?

US GDP has been going nowhere since the end of the Sugar High Tax Cut Bump even being helped by overzealous deregulation. It was going nowhere before the Pandemic and it is certainly going nowhere now. In fact, overzealous deregulation has simply biased the fossil fuel industry over everything else. That has not really worked out for America now has it.

US GDP has been going nowhere since the end of the Sugar High Tax Cut Bump even being helped by overzealous deregulation. It was going nowhere before the Pandemic and it is certainly going nowhere now. In fact, overzealous deregulation has simply biased the fossil fuel industry over everything else. That has not really worked out for America now has it.

it helped some rich people and certain companies.

Reminds me of this. Still trying to understand all this talk of the soaring economy and roaring comeback taking place.
View attachment 67293109

When you look at the downturns in the markets (red) it seems most of them line up with a republican administration. Up, up, up and then crash. Rinse and repeat. The rich get richer and the average investor has to almost start over again because their gains have disappeared into the pockets of the people who create the bubbles and then burst them.

People are saying Trump's economy is a disaster like nobody's ever seen before.

When you look at the downturns in the markets (red) it seems most of them line up with a republican administration. Up, up, up and then crash. Rinse and repeat. The rich get richer and the average investor has to almost start over again because their gains have disappeared into the pockets of the people who create the bubbles and then burst them.

people have been falling for their trickle down crap since i was a little kid.

You mean working because of it.

no, i mean the companies/most wealthy people have historically kept a huge chunk for themselves.

please tell me you're rich. if you're poor or middle class it's really sad that you did't know that.

no, i mean the companies/most wealthy people have historically kept a huge chunk for themselves.

please tell me you're rich. if you're poor or middle class it's really sad that you did't know that.

riiiight. They keep it in mattresses.
LAFFRIOT!

If you like not being in the top ten percent, then yes, it's working.

my not being in the top ten percent has nothing to do with others being there.
Silliness.

riiiight. They keep it in mattresses.
LAFFRIOT!

okay, so you actually don't know about the research.

please tell me you're rich.

my not being in the top ten percent has nothing to do with others being there.
Silliness.

Lol, keep voting against unions. Keep voting for right to work states and you'll never get there. I hope you are happy helping to support the top ten percent, your masters.

Lol, keep voting against unions. Keep voting for right to work states and you'll never get there. I hope you are happy helping to support the top ten percent, your masters.

Being in a union ain't gettin anybody in the top ten percent that's for sure.

my cousin, who is in the worst financial shape of anyone in my family/extended family/wife's family/wife's extended family, fights tooth and nail for the most wealthy people in our country. he's filed bankruptcy once and it now disabled and is barely surviving.

it's a really weird group of people. they punch themselves in the balls daily.

okay, so you actually don't know about the research.

please tell me you're rich.

You remind me of Jed Clampett. Remember that one episode where JEd asked MR Drysdale if he could come down to the bank and see his money sitting in the vault?

LAFF

Last edited:
Being in a union ain't gettin anybody in the top ten percent that's for sure.

It also doesn't pay minimum wage and most unions also have medical benefits paid vacations and representation. All I can tell ya' is to feel free to support which side you wish. I just want you to know the things you are voting against. When two thirds of americans were in union jobs, america was great. People had a higher standard of living and business was doing just fine. No longer.

You remind me of Jed Clampett. Remember that one episode where JEd asked MR Drysdale if he could come down to the bank and see his money sitting in the vault?

LAFF

hey, if you don't know about the research just say so. no need to run away.

my cousin, who is in the worst financial shape of anyone in my family/extended family/wife's family/wife's extended family, fights tooth and nail for the most wealthy people in our country. he's filed bankruptcy once and it now disabled and is barely surviving.

it's a really weird group of people. they punch themselves in the balls daily.

Good god I don't mean to laugh but I can't help it. It's like a kid who is always trying to please an abusive parent. Really sad.

research? what the hell is that?

yeah. figures.

it's always the poorest republicans that don't know what's actually happening with trickle down (over and over and over).

Back
Top Bottom