• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Real Estate

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
My in-laws have alway had a golden horseshoe when it came to real estate sales. Whenever my fil had a home for sale, he alway got what he asked or more and the place didn’t stay on the market for long. When my missus decided to move down to my house she sold her place without even listing it, there was an agent living in the same community who wanted it for her daughter. When the fil passed, his FL condominium was sold in less than a week. My sister in law passed away about two weeks ago, their house has already had a cash offer and there seems to be more interested parties.

All of this reminds me of an old contractor’s joke.

There were two builders talking at a bar and the subject of pricing homes came up. The first builder asked “how do you know if you have priced the job properly?” The second builder replied, “you drive through the neighborhood about two weeks after closing. If the house has sheets and towels in the place of curtains you were spot on. If they have real curtains, you bid too low.”

My in-laws have alway had a golden horseshoe when it came to real estate sales. Whenever my fil had a home for sale, he alway got what he asked or more and the place didn’t stay on the market for long. When my missus decided to move down to my house she sold her place without even listing it, there was an agent living in the same community who wanted it for her daughter. When the fil passed, his FL condominium was sold in less than a week. My sister in law passed away about two weeks ago, their house has already had a cash offer and there seems to be more interested parties.

There were two builders talking at a bar and the subject of pricing homes came up. The first builder asked “how do you know if you have priced the job properly?” The second builder replied, “you drive through the neighborhood about two weeks after closing. If the house has sheets and towels in the place of curtains you were spot on. If they have real curtains, you bid too low.”
I bought a house private party, no agents. And I sold a house private party, no agents. It's really not so hard to do, as long as you make judicious use of a good R.E, attorney. And my transactions were pre-internet. I was competing with MLS. Now with Zillow et al, I suspect it's gotten even easier.

Then there's this old chuckle:

"There was a small town with one lawyer, and business was terrible. Then another moved in, and business was great!"

Unless it is someone you know, For Sale by Owner listings should be avoided. They are difficult people to deal with or difficult properties to get closed.

Back
Top Bottom