• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reagan's greatest con

The greatest con game foisted on the American people were the Reagan tax cuts.

It completely changed the distribution of wealth to favor the rich and shaft the middle class and poor. Because of his evil scam there is no longer a real middle class.

Consider this.

What happened after the Reagan tax cut scam is that raising revenues was shifted from the fed gov to the states. Check your utility bills before Reagan[BR] and look at your current ones. Notice the huge increase for fees [crypto taxes]. Look at the fees that states have imposed upon the public, such as DMV fees, proerty tax increases, gas tax increases, etc.

These taxes , called fees, have imposed a great burden on average income Americans

Wake up America!:2usflag:

You have absolutely no idea what happened in the 80's to every class, do you?

I agree that Reagan was a con job but the bigger con job is the perception of what Reagan did. Most people don't realize that for 6 of the 8 years under Reagan the tax rate schedule was made up of 13 levels with a top rate of 50%. He also increased the social security and medicare taxes with the Greenspan Commission.

Historical Tax Rates

The other misconception is the eighties were boom times. That might be true if look at just GDP but the median household income only increased 8.06% during his term so for half the people it wasn't boom times.

Median Incomes

I will say that many don't give him the credit he deserves for choosing negotiations instead of war. Although he didn't have a problem supporting horrible activities in Central America when contrasting him with Bush and Obama he seems like Ghandi.

For those interested in learning more about his presidency I would recommend "The Man Who Sold The World" and "Tear Down this Myth".

Perhaps that's because wealth is to be earned, not distributed.

lizzie;bt1755 said:

Wow. I never thought of that. The average household did put in more hours also because more women entered the workforce.

I will agree with you that the inheritance tax should be near 100% because money for nothing is absurd.

lizzie;bt1755 said:

It is mostly inherited, Lizzie. The "Ragged Dick" story created this myth.:2razz:

reagan is actually a neocon. he was once the leader of the actor's union and was a flaming lberal until he realized there were better political oppurtunities as a right wing ideolouge.

The Reagan Fraud

Back
Top Bottom