• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

READ: Transcript of Comey's interview before House lawmakers

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/420413-read-transcript-of-comeys-interview-before-house-lawmakers

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and Judiciary panel on Saturday released a nearly completely unredacted transcript of lawmakers' hours-long interview with former FBI Director James Comey the previous day.

The committees have been investigating decisions by top Justice Department and FBI officials surrounding their probes into Hillary Clinton's private email server and the early stages of the Trump-Russia investigation during the 2016 presidential election.
====================================
The Republicans last shot at former FBI Director Comey. Full transcript (not a pdf).

Hahah, reading Republcian conservative nutters saying things like this is priceless.

Republican Representative John Ratcliffe.
But false statements made in public can be evidence of knowledge or intent, absence of mistake, or provide all kinds of other evidentiary context, correct

Wait, wait. Mr. super conservative Ratcliffe...false statements in public, like say, the hundreds of false statements Trump has made to the pubic about Russia...they can be EVIDENCE of knowledge or intent? They can prove all kinds of other evidentiary context??? Um, ummm..only when it's about Hillary!!

They appear to accept this one from Comey:
Comey: Mr. Ratcliffe. Well, I thought you were looking for any crimes, not just the mishandling of information. Mr. Comey. The FBI doesn't investigate people to find any crimes.
Wait, why don't they tell this to right wing media and Trump? Trump says the do.

I can't read it all, it's way too long. But it certainly is funny seeing the usual partisan nutters, when trying desperately to find crimes of Hillary's even though it's been investigated over and over with no evidence of anything to charge, using language that would put them clearly thinking Trump is a guilty SOB that needs investigation.
Just more partisan grilling of Comey to try and get him to slip up, and keep the emails and such in the news for distraction. What a joke. I wish the Republican-led Congress didn't investigate people to find crimes.

Last edited:
Poor Comey seems to be suffering from memory loss.

When asked questions the poor thing replied "can't remember" 71 times, "don't know" 166 times and "I don't recall" 8 times.

When asked questions the poor thing replied "can't remember" 71 times, "don't know" 166 times and "I don't recall" 8 times.
You got that from right wing partisan propagandists.

Looks like someone didn’t actually read the transcript and is just parroting Gowdy’s bs propaganda.

Anyone can read the transcript and see the context and that they were asking him a constant stream of detailed questions. They would ask him other people’s state of mind...why others made the choices they did..some specific fact and he’d say I doesnt remember the specifics but if you refresh me I can probably recall the circumstances, etc.

Looked like the Benghazi harassment of Hillary. If anyone wants to see investigations fishing for crimes, with few standards to guide their conduct, and zero evidence of criminality...check it out. Comey wasn’t fazed by their broken record antics.

This is the same kind of run around mueller should of been given. Not sure why any same person would be forthcoming under these circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looks like someone didn’t actually read the transcript and is just parroting Gowdy’s bs propaganda.

Anyone can read the transcript and see the context and that they were asking him a constant stream of detailed questions. They would ask him other people’s state of mind...why others made the choices they did..some specific fact and he’d say I doesnt remember the specifics but if you refresh me I can probably recall the circumstances, etc.

Looked like the Benghazi harassment of Hillary. If anyone wants to see investigations fishing for crimes, with few standards to guide their conduct, and zero evidence of criminality...check it out. Comey wasn’t fazed by their broken record antics.
What do you have against investigations?

What do you have against investigations
Which one? In adult-world, there are good investigations, bad ones, and everything in between. Is it not this nuanced in fantasy land?

What do you have against investigations?

Nothing wrong with Investigating Investigations as long as you have a result before you start Investigating the Investigation. A result is critical to any serious consideration of the Investigation itself. Investigating an Investigation mid-stream is just an effort to impede it whether those that support such a notion want to admit it or not.

Nothing wrong with Investigating Investigations as long as you have a result before you start Investigating the Investigation. A result is critical to any serious consideration of the Investigation itself. Investigating an Investigation mid-stream is just an effort to impede it whether those that support such a notion want to admit it or not.
Are you saying you agree this investigation should be conducted but the timing is wrong?

Which one? In adult-world, there are good investigations, bad ones, and everything in between. Is it not this nuanced in fantasy land?
And of course that's for the Democrats to decide which are good and which are bad

Hes one of the youngest Altzehimers patients ever!

And Trump is appointing a new AG. All you have is a bunch of House members, many of whom have paid off sexual misconduct claims with tax payer money. Im sure Trump will keep that quiet!

:roll: It is very clear in the transcript that Comey was having a memory lapse. And isn't that ironic considering Comey was able to write a vivid detailed book but then becomes very forgetful under congressional testimony.

:roll: It is very clear in the transcript that Comey was having a memory lapse. And isn't that ironic considering Comey was able to write a vivid detailed book but then becomes very forgetful under congressional testimony.

Attack Comey because he's a witness, yeah, yeah, your lips are kool-aid stained, I know. Anyone can read it, but htey won't will they? Some portion of the population will hear the right wing noise machine claiming Comey's obstructing and/or losing it, and they will believe it. Don't you feel dirty as **** when you knowingly do things like that? Sure hope you're not religious.

And of course that's for the Democrats to decide which are good and which are bad
That's absurd.
You decide based on reasons, reasoning, facts, critical thinking, etc.

Are you saying Republicans can't do that? Maybe you're right.

That's absurd.
You decide based on reasons, reasoning, facts, critical thinking, etc.

Are you saying Republicans can't do that? Maybe you're right.
I'm saying investigating how the trump investigation started is valid

Back
Top Bottom