• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

READ: Comey Opening Statement To Recount Private Talks With Trump

Continuation of this post.

And finally, he calls again to ask about the political favor, and remind Comey of his pledge of loyalty. Saying the word loyalty, and reminding him of that thing they had. Comey tells Trump he basically isn't going to do it and to then direct his request to the acting AG. Failing Trumps final test of loyalty.

Comey was then fired. Trump clearly implied that if Comey wasn't loyal he would be replaced, clearly though honest loyalty implied Comey would back him, and clearly made an inappropriate request in an attempt to influence an investigation. When Comey didn't perform that request, Trump tested him on a lesser ask to gauge his loyalty. Found Comey didn't intend to compromise himself, and then fired him.

It's clearly obstruction of justice, he asked for loyalty, then made an ask expecting it would get done. When it didn't he asked for something else to feel out Comey, and when that didn't get done he wrote Comey off and fired him. No doubt, Comey's replacement Christopher Wray had a more direct conversation about loyalty.

Good analysis. At least Comey planted mines in the field for Wray. If Wray does anything that looks like obstructing to protecting Orange Caesar, it will be obvious.

Re: The actual Comey opening statement.

Yeah, republicans are in for a rude awakening when they realize that the president's obstruction of justice is much more serious then whiney deflections about leaks.

I'm gonna predict you will be here tomorrow drenched in tears when Comey provides literally no red meat for the Democrats to feast upon. But please, keep wishing. It makes it all the more hilarious when you fall short every week of getting what you want.

Both Stations have Left wing hacks working for them and no, its not very much obstruction.
Comey already testified there was no attempt to obstruct, and if there was he would have reported it.

You people keep getting your hopes up only to be disappointed again and again.
This will be no different. Trump will still be President and thanks to the newly released FISA documents, the unmasking scandal will grow and drown this collusion and obstruction tin hattery out completely.

One can only hope that the system will self-correct and actually focus on something that is real and that matters so much more than "this collusion and obstruction tin hattery", but with I've witnessed from the system this last year causes me to wonder and not be optimistic.

I hope you are right.

I recognize that the decades of digging into the Clintons, which amounted to essentially nothing, was primarily motivated by the need to come up with something for partisan political reasons, but that doesn't extend to this case. These are coming from career professionals at the highest levels of government; Comey, Clapper, etc. Even Paul Ryan said what President Trump requested of Comey was "obviously" inappropriate.

Inappropriate doesn't meet the threshold of obstruction of justice.

The Democrats gear up to take the House and Senate.

Please, we don't need anymore of your delusional musings cluttering up the board.

I recognize that the decades of digging into the Clintons, which amounted to essentially nothing, was primarily motivated by the need to come up with something for partisan political reasons, but that doesn't extend to this case. These are coming from career professionals at the highest levels of government; Comey, Clapper, etc. Even Paul Ryan said what President Trump requested of Comey was "obviously" inappropriate.

Its hilarious that you can actually say this with a straight face. The only reason you want this to be true is because you hate Trump and are still mad that Clinton lost. Its entirely partisan politics, whether you want to admit it or not. Liberals have become so delusional to this fact, its honestly rather sad. Its getting to birther levels at this point.

Its hilarious that you can actually say this with a straight face. The only reason you want this to be true is because you hate Trump and are still mad that Clinton lost. Its entirely partisan politics, whether you want to admit it or not. Liberals have become so delusional to this fact, its honestly rather sad. Its getting to birther levels at this point.

What about people like myself who didn't vote for Clinton, who think Trump is a piece of crap, and very likely a criminal?

What about people like myself who didn't vote for Clinton, who think Trump is a piece of crap, and very likely a criminal?

I would question why someone who seemingly had enough intelligence to not vote for Clinton would hop onto a Democrat hate train that has absolutely zero evidence implicating Trump in any regard. :shrug:

I would question why someone who seemingly had enough intelligence to not vote for Clinton would hop onto a Democrat hate train that has absolutely zero evidence implicating Trump in any regard. :shrug:

Translation: Anyone who isn't a Trump/GOP shill automatically is a "Democrat"or hoping on a mythical "Democrat hate train".

I know you WANT there to be nothing...for entirely political reasons.

Translation: Anyone who isn't a Trump/GOP shill automatically is a "Democrat"or hoping on a mythical "Democrat hate train".

I know you WANT there to be nothing...for entirely political reasons.

No, I don't support Trump but I'm getting tired of reading thread after thread on the forum every day of internet detectives who think that because CNN or MSNBC tells them something that validates it. There is literally no proof of Trump committing any crimes. Until there is, let's talk about something else. There are a bunch of important things to knock Trump on. Climate, internet freedom, health care, national security, arms deals with terrorists, etc. And yet, almost every ****ing thread in this forum is about Trump and how he's one day away from impeachment. Its rather tiring having to read the same bull**** from the same jokers every day. But yes, clearly I can only be a Trumpster because that is clearly the only way someone could come to my conclusion. Carry on with your bull****.

No, I don't support Trump but I'm getting tired of reading thread after thread on the forum every day of internet detectives who think that because CNN or MSNBC tells them something that validates it. There is literally no proof of Trump committing any crimes. Until there is, let's talk about something else. There are a bunch of important things to knock Trump on. Climate, internet freedom, health care, national security, arms deals with terrorists, etc. And yet, almost every ****ing thread in this forum is about Trump and how he's one day away from impeachment. Its rather tiring having to read the same bull**** from the same jokers every day. But yes, clearly I can only be a Trumpster because that is clearly the only way someone could come to my conclusion. Carry on with your bull****.

I never said Trump committed a crime...I'm waiting to see how things play out.

Yeah... he did:

He (Trump) then said (to Comey), 'I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go,'"​

That's really not obstruction of justice. That's not directing him to do anything. Obstruction of Justice is a good ol' boy getting pulled over for a DUI and it actually never hitting the court system because the DA is buddies with the guy who got pulled over.

History and facts would tend to disagree. Combined with his firing for having not "let it go".

History and facts say other wise. Presidents can advise. A President can't order. Nixon ordered. Trump advised.

So, I read the statement. Never does Comey say that he thinks a law was broken, not even close. Nor does he even suggest to anyone that he talks to about his conversations with the President that a law may have been broken.

He is clearly uncomfortable with speaking to the President alone. Gee, that's interesting. I hope Comey feels better now that he got to tell everyone this. Stop wasting our time.

Yeah, republicans are in for a rude awakening when they realize that the president's obstruction of justice is much more serious then whiney deflections about leaks.

There is no law or constitutional construct preventing the president from inquiring about an investigation.

The preliminary statement "memo" or whatever clearly indicates the inquiry was about Flynn. And there was no request.

Not the Russia investigation.

The only salient part of the Russia discussion was notifying trump he was not being investigated.

This brings to mind priebus in that meeting with the FBI when they tell him the media is printing bs and he then asks if they can clear up the bs.

The answer is nope.

The next media faux headline out of this is:

"Whitehouse puts pressure on FBI to kill Russia investigation."

Rofl. The media cannot help themselves.

In this scenario it is clear you are not Lucy.

In good news a leaker was caught.
One down...many leftovers to go.

Trump still fired Comey for questionable reasons.
There is also the matter of the Flynn investigations

Hiding in the curtains was reason enough.... or no reason at all was fine.

I never said Trump committed a crime...I'm waiting to see how things play out.

He gave a good list to drill GOP lawmakers on; McConnell's 52 GOP senators, Ryan's 239 GOP house members; 27 GOP governors up next year; the all-important state legislatures; they won't flip just because of trump's transgressions; it'll take issues ;

There is no law or constitutional construct preventing the president from inquiring about an investigation.

The preliminary statement "memo" or whatever clearly indicates the inquiry was about Flynn. And there was no request.

Not the Russia investigation.

The only salient part of the Russia discussion was notifying trump he was not being investigated.

This brings to mind priebus in that meeting with the FBI when they tell him the media is printing bs and he then asks if they can clear up the bs.

The answer is nope.

The next media faux headline out of this is:

"Whitehouse puts pressure on FBI to kill Russia investigation."

Rofl. The media cannot help themselves.

In this scenario it is clear you are not Lucy.

In good news a leaker was caught.
One down...many leftovers to go.

Comey was clearly very concerned about the attempt to halt the investigation into Flynn.

Comey was clearly very concerned about the attempt to halt the investigation into Flynn.

Will you please define the attempt?

Note a request requires a question mark.

A statement of fact or anything else is not a request.

It doesn't matter. Liberal outrage is already predetermined and orchestrated. So it carries no weight or relevance.

Obstruction is a big deal that requires significant proving grounds.

What are those grounds?

Reading through this thread, Trump supporters are going through the 5 Ds like no tomorrow.

Remember to always protect your balls...

Both Stations have Left wing hacks working for them and no, its not very much obstruction.
Comey already testified there was no attempt to obstruct, and if there was he would have reported it.

You people keep getting your hopes up only to be disappointed again and again.
This will be no different. Trump will still be President and thanks to the newly released FISA documents, the unmasking scandal will grow and drown this collusion and obstruction tin hattery out completely.

The views expressed in your post are those of the far right wing and are utterly and completely detached from reality.

1- with each passing week the dots are more and more and more connected involving the Trump organization and campaign and administration with the Russian interference.
2- nobody except the right wing gives a wet fart about this right wing fixation with unmasking and it is going nowhere with the American people no matter how hard the right wing tries to push it.

Hannity (of course) and a couple of his guests. I didn't get their names.

Back
Top Bottom