• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ray Epps demands retraction from Tucker Carlson for accusations regarding Jan. 6 involvement

soap box

A Lincoln democrat
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The fanciful notions that Mr. Carlson advances on his show regarding Mr. Epps’s involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection are demonstrably (and already proven to be) false,” charged attorney Michael Teter. “And yet Mr. Carlson persists with his assault on the truth.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0230323-pezt77z6ergvpod4xoa6ohxn3a-story.html I'm

He has spoken out against the nonsense before. He has denied working for the government. He was a hell raiser who wanted trump to be president like all the other protesters that day.

The fanciful notions that Mr. Carlson advances on his show regarding Mr. Epps’s involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection are demonstrably (and already proven to be) false,” charged attorney Michael Teter. “And yet Mr. Carlson persists with his assault on the truth.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0230323-pezt77z6ergvpod4xoa6ohxn3a-story.html I'm

He has spoken out against the nonsense before. He has denied working for the government. He was a hell raiser who wanted trump to be president like all the other protesters that day.

Few things would make me happier than ****er Carlson going bankrupt!

Few things would make me happier than ****er Carlson going bankrupt!
I'm just amazed he continues to have such high ratings. There must be a lot of simmering rage in this country--which is really, really sad and says a lot about the patriotism lacking in his messaging. I wish he would stop but he chooses not to.

I'm just amazed he continues to have such high ratings. There must be a lot of simmering rage in this country--which is really, really sad and says a lot about the patriotism lacking in his messaging. I wish he would stop but he chooses not to.

He's a sociopathic grifter. He literally profits off of hurting people against their consent.

The sharks start to circle when they smell chum in the water……

The sharks start to circle when they smell chum in the water……
Fox viewers eager for prime time....Tucker does love to chum the waters.

Then tomorrow we'll be regaled with some of his more fantastic suppositions and spend eons debunking that stuff just so we can be called names that don't remotely apply.

This is why I dislike him so much. At least give your viewers real fodder, based on facts. Goodness knows there's enough of it out there. That would be a step in the right direction.

Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers https://g.co/kgs/ooF5nF

Ray and I love this song!
230323-Ray-Epps-al-1252-396f11.jpg

Beer drinker, hell raiser, yeah
Huh, baby, don't you wanna come with me?

Simple question.
Did the videos show Ray Epps doing what Ray Epps was doing?
Do you have evidence that others on 1/6 behaved similarly to Epps and were charged with crimes while Epps was not? Be specific about the people's names and the alleged crimes. Let me know if you need a link to the list of 1/6 defendants.

To which Carlson will squeal, in his squeakiest voice, but I‘m just asking questions, why don’t they want me asking questions, what are they trying to hide?

Then, if and when it progresses to another defamation suit, Fox will defend Carlson by claiming that no rational person should ever believe what Tucker Carlson says.

Last edited:
You mean supporting Trump?
I was thinking more of where Epps was egging protestors to breach the capitol hill security barrier, I believe the night before.
The crowd's response was to identify him as a 'fed', and basically laughed him off stage.

But if you make such an outlandish pitch to enough people, eventually you'll run into a bunch who think it's a good idea, and then stupidly go do it, in a 'hold my beer' moment.

Supporting Trump or not supporting Trump is a separate matter than breaching the capitol hill security barrier.
Because you can do either without breaching the capitol hill security barrier.

I was thinking more of where Epps was egging protestors to breach the capitol hill security barrier, I believe the night before.
The crowd's response was to identify him as a 'fed', and basically laughed him off stage.

But if you make such an outlandish pitch to enough people, eventually you'll run into a bunch who think it's a good idea, and then stupidly go do it, in a 'hold my beer' moment.

Supporting Trump or not supporting Trump is a separate matter than breaching the capitol hill security barrier.
Right--and Epps didn't breach the capitol building, he was just present with the throng.

However, if you truly believe Jan6 wouldn't have happened if Epps stayed home, I would suggest you seek new sources of information. The Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, 3 Percenters, and other white supremacist groups were all there with a plan before they even knew who Epps was.

You give Epps way too much credit.

Epps is a former Oath Keeper and a Trump supporter. The whole idea that he was planted by the FBI, democrats or whoever, to coerce those rabid out of control insurrectionists into doing something violent is hilarious, not to mention completely nonsensical.

But like all cult45 conspiracies, that generally starts by someone on the internet and then spreads like wildfire, once the conspiracy is woven it will never, ever be acknowledged that it’s bogus, no matter any actual facts or logic, they’ll just keep weaving new conspiracies.

All because they’d rather cling to every conspiracy that any random person can whip up than ever admit the road leads directly back to their dear leader.

Last edited:
Simple question.
Did the videos show Ray Epps doing what Ray Epps was doing?

I'm pretty sure the videos show Ray doing what he was doing, why do you ask?

Don't you have anything more interesting to ask? How could it possibly make any sense at all that the FBI wanted a riot?

I've been trying to make sense out of the CT since I first heard it. The motive isn't there at all. You know anything about this?

Yes, we know. Trump spend weeks ginning it up. And was joined by Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, Roger Stone, John Eastman,

“Stand back and stand by” is the outlandish pitch that your beloved fuhrer made. Months before Jan 6th.

The right wing noise machine has tried to peddle the false narrative that Epps was an FBI informer, and that he (alone, apparantly) incited the mob trump and his acolytes assembled.

The notion was always idiotic. And it was a clear reflection that there was no case that trump’s apologists could make to support the FBI as police state trope that is now being peddled all over right wing media.

He tells the parachial paranoid uneducated right what they want to hear. He is a mirror for them to admire their prejudices.

Before Carlson, there was Bill O’Liely, Rush Limbaugh talking the same smack to the same audience.

Their parents listened to the John Birch Society and Joe McCarthy.

Their parents listened to Father Cougln on the radio.

The messages of all these people are largely interchangeable.

I'm just amazed he continues to have such high ratings.
Carlson is a pissant compared to Father Coughlin, an anti-Semitic and fascist demagogue whose audience peaked at 30 million listeners in the 1930s. With today's population, that would be around 90 million. (Carlson usually gets around 3.5 million.)

America has quite the persistent authoritarian streak....

Carlson is a pissant compared to Father Coughlin, an anti-Semitic and fascist demagogue whose audience peaked at 30 million listeners in the 1930s. With today's population, that would be around 90 million. (Carlson usually gets around 3.5 million.)

America has quite the persistent authoritarian streak....
Gosh--imagine a world where there was only radio and newspapers to get the scoop on current events. I guess that's why they say all politics are local :)

I'm pretty sure the videos show Ray doing what he was doing, why do you ask?

Don't you have anything more interesting to ask? How could it possibly make any sense at all that the FBI wanted a riot?

I've been trying to make sense out of the CT since I first heard it. The motive isn't there at all. You know anything about this?

They don’t have anything else.

And that fact is underlined by the fact that they started peddling this nonsense almost immediately. They had nothing else.

They tried to blame it on Antifa, just as the riot started. That fell apart too.

Gosh--imagine a world where there was only radio and newspapers to get the scoop on current events. I guess that's why they say all politics are local :)

I don’t have any trouble imagining that.

Of course, there was generally more than one newspaper.

We took both the major dailies when I was growing up. The Baltimore Sun was the liberal paper. We got it in the morning. So did the President. It was one of the leading liberal papers in the country, and had news bureaus all over the country and all over the world.

A far deeper journalistic staff than Fox has now.

The afternoon paper was the New-American, which was a Hearst Paper, and thus conservative. They had the likes of Drew Pearson, Evans and Novak (referred to universally as Errors and No Facts).!

Radio and television were slavishly neutral. There was still a Fairness Doctrine in those days.

So, it was easy to get differening points of view and different political perspectives. All from news sources that you knew. And whose records you could verify.

No Some Guy on Rumble, Parlar, or Telegram, No disc jockey reinventing themselves and political commentators.

And the garbage that Carlson and his ilk spew new was handed out on street corners by white supremacists In white t-shirts with their cigs rolled up on the arms.

Their grandchildren stormed the Capitol.

I don’t have any trouble imagining that.

Of course, there was generally more than one newspaper.

We took both the major dailies when I was growing up. The Baltimore Sun was the liberal paper. We got it in the morning. So did the President. It was one of the leading liberal papers in the country, and had news bureaus all over the country and all over the world.

A far deeper journalistic staff than Fox has now.

The afternoon paper was the New-American, which was a Hearst Paper, and thus conservative. They had the likes of Drew Pearson, Evans and Novak (referred to universally as Errors and No Facts).!

Radio and television were slavishly neutral. There was still a Fairness Doctrine in those days.

So, it was easy to get differening points of view and different political perspectives. All from news sources that you knew. And whose records you could verify.

No Some Guy on Rumble, Parlar, or Telegram, No disc jockey reinventing themselves and political commentators.

And the garbage that Carlson and his ilk spew new was handed out on street corners by white supremacists In white t-shirts with their cigs rolled up on the arms.

Their grandchildren stormed the Capitol.
For us, it was the Milwaukee Journal and The Onion.

Funny how what newspapers came into our home says something about how we were raised. I suppose if you looked at what books our parents read and didn't read, you'd find something similar.

You're right about the crazy vlogs shaping our public discourse now. I can't imagine a newscaster repeating a story found in The National Enquirer back in the day. That sort of thing just wasn't done. Fact was important, and fiction was fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom