• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rats Have Ruled New York for 355 Years. Can a Mystery Bucket Stop Them?

LA is having a huge rat problem, too. I'm hearing horror stories from some of my friends that live there.

LA is having a huge rat problem, too. I'm hearing horror stories from some of my friends that live there.

Whats worse is the poison used to control them is about to get banned. Fun times. I should rent my barn cats to one of those high condo units in the swanky parts of LA. They will keep that rat population down thats for sure. Stone cold killers they are.

Whats worse is the poison used to control them is about to get banned. Fun times. I should rent my barn cats to one of those high condo units in the swanky parts of LA. They will keep that rat population down thats for sure. Stone cold killers they are.

Yeah, you could probably make some good money. But it wouldn't make a dent in the problem. For that you'd need hundreds if not thousands of barn cats.

I was impressed with the video of the five or six little border terriers. They were amazing...I've never seen anything like it. But the rats screaming got to me and I had to stop watching...but yeah, border terriers, definitely the best way to kill lots and lots of rats.

And they're soooo cute....like little Benji's....

border-terrier-charakter-wesen-infos-zur-rasse-futalis-de-5c3ad550166b5.jpg

YouTube

Last edited:
Cats worked well for me.

Yeah, you could probably make some good money. But it wouldn't make a dent in the problem. For that you'd need hundreds if not thousands of barn cats.

I was impressed with the video of the five or six little border terriers. They were amazing...I've never seen anything like it. But the rats screaming got to me and I had to stop watching...but yeah, border terriers, definitely the best way to kill lots and lots of rats.

And they're soooo cute....like little Benji's....

border-terrier-charakter-wesen-infos-zur-rasse-futalis-de-5c3ad550166b5.jpg

YouTube

Cats aren't going to kill all the rats, they will keep an area clear of an infestation and eliminate rats that come into their territory. I have dogs too so my rodent problem is exactly nill. The way I control the aggressiveness of the pest control predators is by how much I feed them. Less and they will forage more. More and they forage less. If they start taking down birds frequently I add food. I keep enough kibble around they have the energy to hunt. I also make sure the kibble is not the best tasting and they only eat what they need when I have a rodent problem. I want them to have a taste for rodents. However on my place the rodent population is very low, hence the opportunity to eat, so I use a higher quality better tasting kibble and treats to keep the cats and dogs around and healthy and active. I have too many cats and dogs for the area they cover. 6 cats and 4 dogs currently covering 2 acres. The only rodents that come through are from outside the maintained areas.

Screaming rats are part of the deal if using natural methods of control. I try to minimize poisons in my operations, I dont like using them unless I absolutely have to. Better to have well fed happy pooches and cats, than worry about vermin screaming.

Back
Top Bottom