• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rate this Years Super Bowl

Rate this Years Super Bowl

• Total voters

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Game, commercials, Half Time, announcing team....All of it.

I won the under and the pats

I thought the pats would try and control the game with screens and short passing game, and run the ball against Donald and Suh. I thought there would be more scoring, but I had the game at 20-10

Both coaches put everything into their defensive game plans....and had trouble moving the ball.

The game played out very close to what I thought....the halftime show sucked....and the commercials were ok....some good, some were bad

The game was a C, the half time show was a D, commercials a B. Whoa, the commercials the best part???? That's serious.

Kind of glad for Brady, very sad for the Rams, pissed Kraft got a win. Still don't care for Bud Light, even if it has no corn syrup.

Gladys Knight's Rendition of the National Anthem gets an "A"!

The rest a D.

I think a lot of people are disgusted with the way the rams got in too

I used to refer to this game as the SuperBore, as most of them from inception through about 1998 (Packers/Broncos) were non-competitive blows outs. I never went out of my way to watch them, unless it was the Broncos (or Bengals, oddly), but used the day to go skiing as life tickets used to be half price on SuperBore Sunday.

Anyway, the games since 1998 have generally been more competitive. This one, though, was a real snooze. I had it on but didn't really pay much attention as it was flat. It was a SuperBore. I should have gone skiing (except that I don't do that on weekends anymore).

Let's keep it going people....say "Hell No!" to the Trump fever!

Yikes, scores are very low..... but with the combo of Maroon Five and the Patriots yet again shoving the inequality of America down our throats yet again better was hard to come by.

The game was a C, the half time show was a D, commercials a B. Whoa, the commercials the best part???? That's serious.

Kind of glad for Brady, very sad for the Rams, pissed Kraft got a win. Still don't care for Bud Light, even if it has no corn syrup.

Best commercial. Best part is when Tom Brady gave his rings to Baker Mayfield. Now Brady needs two hands to fit all his rings!!!

Best commercial. Best part is when Tom Brady gave his rings to Baker Mayfield. Now Brady needs two hands to fit all his rings!!!

Seriously the stuff on the screen to include the commercials was so unimpressive that we followed it only sporadically.

I was unimpressed with this year's Super Bowl. Opening not bad, game itself was meh, half time was meh, some ads were good others not at all.

Voted D.

Missed it completely.

Rarely if ever do I waste time on the half time shows.

The whole super commercial thingie has gotten tiresome.

I am ticked that the patriots won.

I was rooting for the Rams!

Oh well, more power to those who still get a kick out of all of it!

I gave it an "F" in the Poll, only for the fact the patriots won.

Grrrrrrrr!!!

Boring, boring, and boring. The best games are usually the championship games to see who's going to the super bowl.

Just another hyped-up ball game. Humans are notorious gluttons for mindless entertainment. I watched the whole game and enjoyed it. But it was just a game and lots of people were serious about their involvement in the highly lucrative marketing aspect of the show.

Terrible. Unwatchable trash. The Pats need to be checked. It's so bad for the sport for a single team to be this dominant for 18 years. Everyone talks about other sports dynasties, not a single one has ever lasted this long.

I already watched little football, but Brady and Billicheck rankle me so much I am refusing, absolutely, to watch any more of the nfl until one or both of them retire.

The game was awesome from a defensive point of view. It was a mega performance for the Patriots defense to stop the Rams offense to 3, not to 3 scoring drives but to 3 points. The team that had the second highest scoring offense of the league with 527 points in 16 games and now 3. That is the power of the playoffs, and why the Patriots are such a good team. They may not be the flashiest offense out there (just a very solid one), they may not have the big names on defense (no Talib, no Suh, no Aaron Donald, none of those big names) but when push came to shove, it was their no-huge names defense that stopped the second highest scoring team in the NFL this season.

The officiating was decent, the presenting team was good, all hail to Romo, but as I could only watch the BBC I heard the commentary from the BBC presenting team (Osi my man, good presenting but you picked the wrong team to win). That means ZERO commercials all of the match, there were none because it was the Beebs. And I sidestepped Maroon stink (sorry for the maroonies out there but I think they are horrendous) with the NXT halftime heat performance which is something I hope NXT will do from now on during the Super bowl to spare people who do not like the kind of horrendous stuff they pushed down the fans throat during the half time, can have something fun to watch.

And as my team won, and as I just found out I ranked 4th overall in NFL Playoff Fantasy league with 829 points (thanks to the Patriots and Gurley/Cook who I had in my team from week 1), I had an excellent night, let the Goat play on and let the Dynasty continue, Go Patriots.

I did not like the sportsball! :2mad:

I won all my bets & as a Pats fan it was pins & needles all the way to the FG making it 13-3. Lots of intrigue &
the refs did not make any bad calls & didn't interfere that much. For an NFL game the refs being more passive was a huge plus..
I never watch the HT show & heard it was not so hot so:
GAME =A
Commercials = D
Halftime show= D

I can't rate the Super Bowl itself, but I have a couple thoughts about two aspects of it:
  • Performance and demonstrated skill of the respective teams:
    • The Rams performed very poorly in comparison to the Patriots, whose score was over four times that of the Rams. That margin, 400%+, puissantly shows the Ram's defensive unit wasn't up to the task of keeping the Patriots' offensive unit at bay, which is the raison d'etre for a team's defensive unit. And, of course, it equally informs us that the Patriots' defensive was materially more than a match for the Ram's offensive squad.
  • The Rams' presence in the game:
    • Given the aforementioned disparity in skills, abilities and effectiveness, one must wonder whether the Rams deserved their conference's championship. Though I cannot say whether the Saints would have performed more admirably against the Patriots, I can say the Rams' poor showing makes dubitable the assertion that they belonged there instead of the Saints.

That said, it is, of course, possible that the Patriots are, at this moment in time, a simply "leaps and bounds" better team than either the Rams or the Saints. History being what it is, we'll never know.
In light of the above, I'm glad I maintained my devotion to the Redskins (a team admittedly worse than any of the contenders for the conference championships, to say nothing of the Bowl teams) and refrained from watching the game. There are multiple ways a game can be interesting to watch, but one in which one team bests the other by 400%+ possessed/exhibited none of them.

Back
Top Bottom