• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rate the Personality of others is the answer.

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
1 QUESTION IS ALL YOU NEED TO RATE THE PERSONALITY OF OTHERS

That is the title of the article I found today when looking for something to support the contention that Trump is an evil idiot. This search came about when someone said that I am too free in "connecting the dots" on Trump actions and what they mean.

The article is not about Trump but if you read into the article and even follow some of the links involved, you will realize that these studies make a lot of sense and if you think about them in relation to Trump and also to his supporters, you will see that connecting the dots is a lot easier and with more assurance than otherwise one would think.

Here is one paragraph in the article followed by a link to the whole article:

To reach this conclusion, a team led by psychologist Dustin Wood asked study subjects (in this case that typical psychological guinea pig, the undergrad) to rate the personalities of several acquaintances. Their responses said much more about themselves than they probably intended.

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/how-to-read-someone-s-personality-just-ask-this-1-question.html

That is the title of the article I found today when looking for something to support the contention that Trump is an evil idiot. This search came about when someone said that I am too free in "connecting the dots" on Trump actions and what they mean.

The article is not about Trump but if you read into the article and even follow some of the links involved, you will realize that these studies make a lot of sense and if you think about them in relation to Trump and also to his supporters, you will see that connecting the dots is a lot easier and with more assurance than otherwise one would think.

To reach this conclusion, a team led by psychologist Dustin Wood asked study subjects (in this case that typical psychological guinea pig, the undergrad) to rate the personalities of several acquaintances. Their responses said much more about themselves than they probably intended.

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/how-to-read-someone-s-personality-just-ask-this-1-question.html

You're responding to criticism of being "too free in 'connecting the dots' on Trump" by connecting Trump to an article which has nothing whatsoever to do with Trump, nor any clear path to do so?

Here's the crux of the article:

Yup, according to a study out of Wake Forest University recently highlighted on PsyBlog. If you want to know if someone displays a certain characteristic, just ask if he or she thinks other people often do.

Tell me exactly how this, or what you quoted, or anything at all in the article, naturally gets you from here to Trump, unless you're determined for it to do so, i.e., being "free" in connecting the dots.

So what's it say about somebody who thinks trump is an evil idiot? Not saying you are one, just pointing out the obvious flaw in the article. I'm guessing you have the opposite opinion of Obama.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You're responding to criticism of being "too free in 'connecting the dots' on Trump" by connecting Trump to an article which has nothing whatsoever to do with Trump, nor any clear path to do so?

Here's the crux of the article:

Tell me exactly how this, or what you quoted, or anything at all in the article, naturally gets you from here to Trump, unless you're determined for it to do so, i.e., being "free" in connecting the dots.

Easy to answer your question.

In using this methodology and considering how Trump is always so critical of others (thinks negatively about them), it would be safe to assume that Trump has that kind of personality trait himself.

Easy to answer your question.

In using this methodology and considering how Trump is always so critical of others (thinks negatively about them), it would be safe to assume that Trump has that kind of personality trait himself.

Well, that doesn't answer the question, the question being, what about this article prompted your mind to go to Trump?

So what's it say about somebody who thinks trump is an evil idiot? Not saying you are one, just pointing out the obvious flaw in the article. I'm guessing you have the opposite opinion of Obama.

Good point Trouble! I see you are sharp today.

Nonetheless, there is a difference and that is that I don't think badly of everyone (like Trump does). In fact, I usually give the benefit of the doubt to almost everyone I meet. Trump is the only person that I have ever taken such a strong dislike (or should I say hate) for and that is because he has shown over and over again that he has no morals, ethics, principles or humanity. As such, this is not just an impression but something that has been repeatedly confirmed.

Last edited:
Just like how cheaters are more likely to believe their own spouse is cheating than non-cheaters are. It is also called projection.

Well, that doesn't answer the question, the question being, what about this article prompted your mind to go to Trump?

Maybe because I was looking for something to support my opinion/impression of Trump and this article "fit the bill".

Bottom line though, Trump almost always thinks the worst of people, even those he doesn't really know, which does suggest (based on the article) that he is the same kind of a person to what he believes others are.

Maybe because I was looking for something to support my opinion/impression of Trump and this article "fit the bill".

So . . .

In specific response to criticism that you're too free in connecting the dots to Trump, you purposely went out looking for something from which you could connect the dots to Trump.

Point being, I'm not sure you did much to fend off that criticism.

Connecting the dots is what scientists do when they generate data and then plot a curve. The problem in politics and fake news is not all the data will be used when drawing the curve, thereby causing an alternate curve to appear that is not scientifically valid. For example, if you watch CNN, they will never say anything positive about Trump. It is hard to believe they can't see anything good, such as Trump's ability to thrown fun rallies. CNN will see this, but it will throw out this data on purpose. I am not saying Trump is perfect. He has bad data points and good data point. But if you never see the good points you will never be able to draw the correct curve.

As an example, say you had an average life. You are not perfect but you not evil either. Say someone read you biography and then cherry picked just the bloopers and bad judgment calls and presented this as data that represents you. It is valid data, but it is not the entire data set. Would anyone be able to conclude you were an average good person from that? Or would they see someone more sinister? This is a fake new trick learned from the CIA.

Mudslinging is similar but is slightly different. Mudslinging will outright lie or add bad data points. The fake news trick attempt to maintain valid data data points, but will also eliminating data that might cancel the intended affect. This makes it easy for people to be fooled.

Good point Trouble! I see you are sharp today.

Nonetheless, there is a difference and that is that I don't think badly of everyone (like Trump does). In fact, I usually give the benefit of the doubt to almost everyone I meet. Trump is the only person that I have ever taken such a strong dislike (or should I say hate) for and that is because he has shown over and over again that he has no morals, ethics, principles or humanity. As such, this is not just an impression but something that has been repeatedly confirmed.
Its interesting because it's basically pointing out people tend to project. I often say the first person to accuse someone of being a thief is thief. Same with cheaters. I do however think it's not as black and white as that author makes it out to be.

So . . .

In specific response to criticism that you're too free in connecting the dots to Trump, you purposely went out looking for something from which you could connect the dots to Trump.

Point being, I'm not sure you did much to fend off that criticism.

Hey, all I can say is that I try my best to not only voice my opinion but also to support it with facts. Whether I am successful at it or not is something else. None of us humans are infallible and therefore there will always be something to criticize. That is the way it is.

Connecting the dots is what scientists do when they generate data and then plot a curve. The problem in politics and fake news is not all the data will be used when drawing the curve, thereby causing an alternate curve to appear that is not scientifically valid. For example, if you watch CNN, they will never say anything positive about Trump. It is hard to believe they can't see anything good, such as Trump's ability to thrown fun rallies. CNN will see this, but it will throw out this data on purpose. I am not saying Trump is perfect. He has bad data points and good data point. But if you never see the good points you will never be able to draw the correct curve.

As an example, say you had an average life. You are not perfect but you not evil either. Say someone read you biography and then cherry picked just the bloopers and bad judgment calls and presented this as data that represents you. It is valid data, but it is not the entire data set. Would anyone be able to conclude you were an average good person from that? Or would they see someone more sinister? This is a fake new trick learned from the CIA.

Mudslinging is similar but is slightly different. Mudslinging will outright lie or add bad data points. The fake news trick attempt to maintain valid data data points, but will also eliminating data that might cancel the intended affect. This makes it easy for people to be fooled.

You make a good point but you are talking generalities and not specifics. The problem with Trump is that it is mostly bad and what is bad is horribly bad and what is good is marginally good and this is not a biased opinion but a validated one. What CNN does or does not do is not all that important as the critics of the President is not only CNN but more than half of the population of the United States and among the critics are people of very high caliber and principles. As such, the curve with Trump is not based on what CNN says but based on a whole lot more. CNN just reports it.

I have always tried to be as fair as possible given that in my life I have not always been treated fairly so I bend over backward to try to be fair. In the case of Trump, I have on many occasions been one of the few that are against him that have given him credit where he deserves it. Nonetheless and like I have proven before, for every 1 good thing that Trump has done there are 10 that are bad and the good things are not all that good (such as the Tax cut that benefits the rich) or all not of his making alone.

I see Trump as a generally evil man with all the connotations that brings with it. Anyone doing evil will get all the good erased as evil is not something that can be accepted even in the smallest portion.

Back
Top Bottom