• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rate George W Bush's Eulogy to GHWB

Rate W's Eulogy of his father

• Should have been more political

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was too Long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't know. A eulogy is more of a private thing except of course in this type of case. Even so I think its different that a "normal" speech. Plus he isn't President. I still find the request odd.

I don't care-I wanted to see if others believed it was as well done as I-especially those who bashed W constantly when he was president.

It's a man talking about the life and death of his father, at his father's funeral.

And you want to rate it?

Classy.

I don't care-I wanted to see if others believed it was as well done as I-especially those who bashed W constantly when he was president.

Public speeches are some what subjective let alone a eulogy. He was bashed quite a bit as President and deservedly so. Still he seems like a decent individual unlike our current narcissist scumbag and chief. I still think its a strange request and I don't care if you don't care.

So what? Why would anyone want to "rate" a son's eulogy to his father? Is this a competition? You don't seem to be fully appreciating how cretinous this looks.

He's a smart guy. I'm pretty sure he was completely aware of how the topic would be received.

He's a smart guy. I'm pretty sure he was completely aware of how the topic would be received.

He's can't be that smart. He gave me more conditions in another thread for Trump being able to take his gun out for the night as opposed to taking out his own daughter.

If you listened to his Eulogy of his father how would you rate it and why

The war criminal actually made me feel something for him when he broke down.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm seeing my parents go through serious health issues, and the cold reality of having to bury them has set in. My father had a massive heart-attack when he was only ten years older than I am now, and my mother's life-long smoking has finally caught up with her--she ended up on a respirator after she nearly suffocated, and has to use oxygen while she sleeps. Point being, this last decade has gone by pretty freaking quick, and if one of them goes in the next five, ten, twenty years, I won't be ready for it. I won't be ready for it in my sixties.

The war criminal actually made me feel something for him when he broke down.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm seeing my parents go through serious health issues, and the cold reality of having to bury them has set in. My father had a massive heart-attack when he was only ten years older than I am now, and my mother's life-long smoking has finally caught up with her--she ended up on a respirator after she nearly suffocated, and has to use oxygen while she sleeps. Point being, this last decade has gone by pretty freaking quick, and if one of them goes in the next five, ten, twenty years, I won't be ready for it. I won't be ready for it in my sixties.

war criminal? remind me what court of competent jurisdiction made such a finding.

He's can't be that smart. He gave me more conditions in another thread for Trump being able to take his gun out for the night as opposed to taking out his own daughter.

smart people would realize I was mocking your stupid analogy. I don't have a daughter. I have lots of guns. I think I'd trust Trump with a gun. I know he's good for the replacement cost if something happened to it

It was supposed to be a "gotcha" thread. You know, GWB is a goober, no way he can have a good speech. Etc. Etc.

But who listens to eulogy speeches from a son to his father looking to rate the grammar?

I thought he was a goober AND a charismatic orator. I never paid much mind to his habit of mispronouncing things. If I were to rate him based on the way he talks, and his speeches, I would have to say that I found him to be charming. It's everything else that I critisize him for.

war criminal? remind me what court of competent jurisdiction made such a finding.

You're getting distracted by semantics. Missing the forest for the trees. You got your answer. Even people who consider W a war criminal were moved by his eulogy.

You're not going to get a much better symbol than that of how wide the approval was of W's eulogy, in spite of what people thought of him as president.

You're getting distracted by semantics. Missing the forest for the trees. You got your answer. Even people who consider W a war criminal were moved by his eulogy.

You're not going to get a much better symbol than that of how wide the approval was of W's eulogy, in spite of what people thought of him as president.

I got that and most of your point has merit-I was just curious when W was convicted of being a war criminal. I was in the DOJ his entire 8 years in office and I sure don't remember any such trial

If you listened to his Eulogy of his father how would you rate it and why
I found it to be touching and sincere. He really hit a good tone and celebrated and honored his father well. I think 41 would be proud of his son.

Btw, FWIW, a freind of mine use to be the Bush family's personal server at one of their favorite restaurants. She knows the family on a first name basis.

According to her they are some of the least pretentious people you will ever meet. They love to party and fool around. They never treat people like they are beneath them. Big into family. She said when they showed up everyone had a ball, including the staff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I found it to be touching and sincere. He really hit a good tone and celebrated and honored his father well. I think 41 would be proud of his son.

Btw, FWIW, a freind of mine use to be the Bush family's personal server at one of their favorite restaurants. She knows the family on a first name basis.

According to her they are some of the least pretentious people you will ever meet. They love to party and fool around. They never treat people like they are beneath them. Big into family. She said when they showed up everyone had a ball, including the staff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

one of my suitemates as part of the White House Counsel's' office-another two good friends were as well under GHWB. Plus, being a DOJ official, I knew dozens of people who were on SS details. EVERYONE Of them-even those who voted for Clinton in 92 or Dukakis in 88 said Mr and Mrs Bush treated everyone-from a newly assigned agent to four star generals, like family. SS agents recounted numerous stories of when Mrs Bush heard an agent's kid was sick-she'd send something over or call the parent watching the child.

I thought George did a very good job. Sorry I can't rate it on a 1-10 scale but it was very warm touching speech.

The one thing that I enjoyed was when George and Laura walked down the aisle to their seats they stopped to shake hands of the presidents and their wives.
First he shook the hands of the Trumps then he moved on to the Obamas. At this point he pulled out his left hand from his pocket and I understand had a piece of candy he handed off to Michelle Obama.
Upon receiving the candy she broke out in a big grin.
With all was going on that day he had this piece of candy in his pocket for just her. After he handed her the candy he moved onto the Clintons and Carters never glancing back at Michelle.
I don't know, it was just something touching about that.

I thought George did a very good job. Sorry I can't rate it on a 1-10 scale but it was very warm touching speech.

The one thing that I enjoyed was when George and Laura walked down the aisle to their seats they stopped to shake hands of the presidents and their wives.
First he shook the hands of the Trumps then he moved on to the Obamas. At this point he pulled out his left hand from his pocket and I understand had a piece of candy he handed off to Michelle Obama.
Upon receiving the candy she broke out in a big grin.
With all was going on that day he had this piece of candy in his pocket for just her. After he handed her the candy he moved onto the Clintons and Carters never glancing back at Michelle.
I don't know, it was just something touching about that.

He's done it before, when she had a cough. They're very fond of each other, apparently.

Perhaps the problem is your education level.

Maybe you ask questions and figure out what is going on before you make snide comments.

Just an idea of course.

Maybe the problem is you or your morals. Rating how good the eulogy that a son offers for the memory of his father is one of the more crass and uncaring things I can think of.

lots of people hated W. they said he was a bumbling idiot I thought his eulogy was excellent. I am wondering if Bush haters could give him credit for this

So, this thread was partisan in nature... unconcerned about the actual nature of the eulogy.

So, what's worse... the folks who would judge the eulogy, politically, or the folks who would try to play "gotcha" politically?

Maybe the problem is you or your morals. Rating how good the eulogy that a son offers for the memory of his father is one of the more crass and uncaring things I can think of.

You dont make a lick of sense.....one has to care to take the time to watch and judge.

The opposite of caring is not caring, it is ignoring.

CARING MATTERS!

You dont make a lick of sense.....one has to care to take the time to watch and judge.

The opposite of caring is not caring, it is ignoring.

CARING MATTERS!

And rating the eulogy is ignoring the emotionalism and meaning surrounding it. One can easily watch an ignore meanings. If you are more interested in how "good" the eulogy was rather than being interested in it's meaning, of which it's assessment is irrelevant, than you completely missed the point.

And rating the eulogy is ignoring the emotionalism and meaning surrounding it. One can easily watch an ignore meanings. If you are more interested in how "good" the eulogy was rather than being interested in it's meaning, of which it's assessment is irrelevant, than you completely missed the point.

The point is that you are jamming me for not caring, when I clearly care, probably more than most.

You are wrong.

The point is that you are jamming me for not caring, when I clearly care, probably more than most.

You are wrong.

If you care about the rating of the eulogy rather than the eulogy itself, you are fooling yourself.

If you care about the rating of the eulogy rather than the eulogy itself, you are fooling yourself.

Free Men get to decide for ourselves what we care about which other Free Men respect without being dicks is the first thing.... and the second thing is assuming that the person you are talking to is more stupid then you are is a dangerous road.

You had better check first.

Back
Top Bottom