• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rate George W Bush's Eulogy to GHWB

Rate W's Eulogy of his father

• Should have been more political

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was too Long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Enlighten me then, shelled one.

Why would someone want to rate a eulogy by a son to his father?

(This should be fun)

For years, I watched posters on this board call W "stupid" S elected, " a chimp" etc. They pretended he beat two men who were far more intelligent and worthy than he and many claimed he won in 2000 only because of the USSC (another lie). I thought his eulogy was about as good as possible. It didn't have any attacks on Democrats whatsoever. It showed to me what I already knew-that W is a much smarter and perceptive man than his critics claimed. SO I wanted to see how some of those-who are still on this board-viewed W now.

For years, I watched posters on this board call W "stupid" S elected, " a chimp" etc. They pretended he beat two men who were far more intelligent and worthy than he and many claimed he won in 2000 only because of the USSC (another lie). I thought his eulogy was about as good as possible. It didn't have any attacks on Democrats whatsoever. It showed to me what I already knew-that W is a much smarter and perceptive man than his critics claimed. SO I wanted to see how some of those-who are still on this board-viewed W now.

Ah.

I guess I was never a person who called any president dumb until the current president.

Still, it's rather tasteless.

Just my opinion.

Peace out!

Ah.

I guess I was never a person who called any president dumb until the current president.

Still, it's rather tasteless.

Just my opinion.

Peace out!

there are hundreds of threads on this board-if you find one worthless, I would suggest not posting on it, and find one more to your liking

there are hundreds of threads on this board-if you find one worthless, I would suggest not posting on it, and find one more to your liking

Oh, it's not worthless per se.

I learn the character of certain posters based on the content they provide.

First impressions and all.

Oh, it's not worthless per se.

I learn the character of certain posters based on the content they provide.

First impressions and all.

Yeah I do too-I will remember the trolling comment for sure

I refuse to let you to distort my post to give you cover for your hatred of those who disagree with your partisanship.

What a bunch of BS posted by someone who got bested and had to resort to make multiple accusations from hatred and partisanship with no evidence against another post who dare challenge him. What a sad ordeal.

lots of people hated W. they said he was a bumbling idiot I thought his eulogy was excellent. I am wondering if Bush haters could give him credit for this

I'm one of those folks who called him a bumbling idiot. I like W; I respect W. His whole family are decent people, so there's nothing not to like about them in that regard. I can say that of many folks whose politics to greater and lesser degrees don't meet with my approbation. Policy and personality aren't the same things, not even close.

Is W a brilliant man? No. He'll tell you so. He is, however, smart enough to learn from his mistakes, willing to "own" his strengths and weaknesses, and he's smart and humble enough to work to overcome his weaknesses and not let them lead him to make mistakes that are reasonably foreseeable, thus avoidable. But that's not intellectual brilliance. That's somewhat above average brains + a good deal above average character.

Even though I differed with him on some of his, and his father's and every other POTUS' for that matter, policies, I knew his POTUS decisions weren't personally motivated. Because he made those decisions fully believing they were right for the US, regardless of whether it was good for him, is part of why I respect him. The other part is that he didn't and doesn't say things he knows or should know are untrue at the time he's saying them. He can be trusted. He, like most POTUSes and high office holders (public or private sector) may be later made a liar, so to speak, but he's not generally going to lie from "jump." Those are the reasons why I respect him and every other former POTUS from Ford onward, except Trump. (That Trump cannot be trusted is why I have no respect for him. His policies don't feature in my misprision for him.)

As for my having called him "bumbling." Relative to the high bar a POTUS must meet, he was. He didn't stay that way, but he sure 'nuff started out that way. His early years were disconcerting because of his governmental naivete, but he worked at correcting that. He didn't much change his policies, but then they weren't the kinds of policies that augured to ruin the country. Some might have loved them and some might have hated them, but the country was going to survive them largely unscathed, regardless of whether they were/weren't, in the abstract, the best policies.

I take opportunities to get educated.

You should too.

Rating Dubya's eulogy looks like an opportunity to you? An educational opportunity?
I repeat- you need to get out of the house more. There's lots and lots of educational opportunities out there that don't involve ghoulish judgements of eulogies.

Rating Dubya's eulogy looks like an opportunity to you? An educational opportunity?
I repeat- you need to get out of the house more. There's lots and lots of educational opportunities out there that don't involve ghoulish judgements of eulogies.

I know, it is the YUK! that gets to you, shuts down your systems.

Your Choice.

What a bunch of BS posted by someone who got bested and had to resort to make multiple accusations from hatred and partisanship with no evidence against another post who dare challenge him. What a sad ordeal.

Your posts speak for you. Have a nice evening.

There's a number of reasons why people, myself included, have revised their opinions of Dubya. You know the biggest reason, don't you.

In what world do you 'rate' eulogies? :shock:

it was a public speech-televised throughout the USA and probably many other nations.

it was a public speech-televised throughout the USA and probably many other nations.

So what? Why would anyone want to "rate" a son's eulogy to his father? Is this a competition? You don't seem to be fully appreciating how cretinous this looks.

anything to get closer to that 200k post goal it would appear. What a strange,ghoulish thread topic.

I don't know about ghoulish. But I have know idea how you "rate" one. What are you supposed to compare it to? Strange indeed.

I don't understand it either.

It was supposed to be a "gotcha" thread. You know, GWB is a goober, no way he can have a good speech. Etc. Etc.

But who listens to eulogy speeches from a son to his father looking to rate the grammar?

So what? Why would anyone want to "rate" a son's eulogy to his father? Is this a competition? You don't seem to be fully appreciating how cretinous this looks.

other than being contrarian-what are you complaining about. We had a former president giving what might well be his last national speech. I thought it was great, I wanted to see what others thought about it. Have you seen some of the other polls that are posted on this board? What I see as cretinous is not discussing how people viewed his speech, but the arguments of a few lefties who are complaining about the topic. If you don't like the poll or the thread, don't post on it. I posted it for the honest reasons I stated and it seems you are merely trying to attack my thread because you don't like my positions on other issues

I don't know about ghoulish. But I have know idea how you "rate" one. What are you supposed to compare it to? Strange indeed.

every time W or other president makes a nationally televised speech, people discuss how well it was delivered, its content etc.

other than being contrarian-what are you complaining about. We had a former president giving what might well be his last national speech. I thought it was great, I wanted to see what others thought about it. Have you seen some of the other polls that are posted on this board? What I see as cretinous is not discussing how people viewed his speech, but the arguments of a few lefties who are complaining about the topic. If you don't like the poll or the thread, don't post on it. I posted it for the honest reasons I stated and it seems you are merely trying to attack my thread because you don't like my positions on other issues

Holy Christ. How tone deaf can you get?

every time W or other president makes a nationally televised speech, people discuss how well it was delivered, its content etc.

I don't know. A eulogy is more of a private thing except of course in this type of case. Even so I think its different that a "normal" speech. Plus he isn't President. I still find the request odd.

Back
Top Bottom