• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rate and Review Some Movies

jambalaya

Cynical Optimist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just any movie you've seen recently or that you just one you want to talk about. Don't know if this is too much like the other movie thread floating around but that one seemed kind of limiting.

Give me some good ones. I like offbeat stuff. Indy films. Horror, Sci-Fi, weirdness.

Last edited:
Replying to my own thread:

Ponty Pool: Just saw this for the second time. Had to share it with my kids. Unexpectanctly good. I would describe it as thriller/horror/suspense. Just a little gore but mostly psychological. Practically the entire thing takes place at a radio station. 4 out of 5 for me.

Limitless: Good movie. Man takes pill which enables him to use 100% of his brain power. I would say 3.75 out of 5.

Red, White and Blue: An odd film that gets really disturbing at the end. Aimless girl having a lot of anonymous sex meets up with an assortment of characters and things go wrong. Not for the faint of heart. I am glad I watched in a way and sorry I watched it in a way. 2.5 out of 5.

Last edited:
I like documentaries a lot, and the most recent one I saw was Resurrect Dead, about the Toynbee Tiles. An artist and few other interested parties go after the creator of these mysterious tiles all over the world.

Interesting mystery/documentary, I like a good chase.

I tend toward dick-n-far comedies more than anything else. I've only seen a couple of movies recently (and some of 'em were older)...

21 Jump Street
Going against the grain, this movie actually delivered well beyond expectations. The best bits in the movie hadn't made it to the previews, so the laughs kept rolling throughout the film. Sometimes cheesy, sometimes gross, but almost always entertaining, it was definitely worth the rental fee (Redbox, FTW). 3.75/5.

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows
A failed attempt, at best. RDJ is almost always entertaining, but Jude Law under-delivered in a major way. Outside of his mildly funny drunken bar brawl he was a limp noodle throughout. The script really failed to develop the story, and too many jerks and starts never let the plot build to climax. 2.5/5

I like documentaries a lot, and the most recent one I saw was Resurrect Dead, about the Toynbee Tiles. An artist and few other interested parties go after the creator of these mysterious tiles all over the world.

Interesting mystery/documentary, I like a good chase.

I like a good documentary. One of the most interesting I've seen this year is Crips and Blood: Made in America

This is an older one now, but The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was a stunner. I was so mesmerized, I saw it three times in a week.

This is an older one now, but The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was a stunner. I was so mesmerized, I saw it three times in a week.

The original or the remake?

Back
Top Bottom