• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rasmussen: Voters now trust Republicans in all 10 key issues

Democrats in congress usually are spineless wimps who focus obsessively on bipartisan 'compromise' while their opponents do not, and thus take advantage of that. The Democrats can even control the congress, and still get nothing done, because of fear of the GOP and misplaced desire to "Compromise" with opponents who have no real intention to do that.

It's pretty obvious. America is so far to the right that Conservatism and Liberalism have lost all objective meaning. Even the "Liberals" are rightwing. It's unfortunate but the American conservative movement has been hijacked by radical Randroids, dixicrats, and NeoConfederates.

No strawmen are necessary. Reality is bad enough.

I hold the true meaning of Conservative: regulated markets and government intervention in social and economic affairs.

Last edited:
No strawmen are necessary.

Then you really ought to stop using them, if that's the case.

I hold the true meaning of Conservative: regulated markets and government intervention in social and economic affairs.

Pretty much every single person who calls themself conservative has a different definition of "true conservatism". It's pretty ridiculous and silly, and a lot of why I don't adhere to any arbitrary political labels.

"When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less" - Humpty Dumpty, Alice Through the Looking Glass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom