• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rasmussen: Trump 43%, Clinton 39%

Excon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Provided for current polling information purposes only (and because it wasn't posted sooner).

White House Watch: Trump 43%, Clinton 39%

Thursday, June 30, 2016

The tables have turned in this week’s White House Watch. After trailing Hillary Clinton by five points for the prior two weeks, Donald Trump has now taken a four-point lead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 43% of the vote, while Clinton earns 39%. Twelve percent (12%) still like another candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week at this time, it was Clinton 44%, Trump 39%. This is Trump’s highest level of support in Rasmussen Reports’ matchups with Clinton since last October. His support has been hovering around the 40% mark since April, but it remains to be seen whether he’s just having a good week or this actually represents a real move forward among voters.

Trump now earns 75% support among his fellow Republicans and picks up 14% of the Democratic vote. Seventy-six percent (76%) of Democrats like Clinton, as do 10% of GOP voters. Both candidates face a sizable number of potential defections because of unhappiness with them in their own parties.

[...]

Rasmussen: White House Watch: Trump 43%, Clinton 39%

Last edited:
Provided for current polling information purposes only (and because it wasn't posted sooner).

Thursday, June 30, 2016

The tables have turned in this week’s White House Watch. After trailing Hillary Clinton by five points for the prior two weeks, Donald Trump has now taken a four-point lead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 43% of the vote, while Clinton earns 39%. Twelve percent (12%) still like another candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week at this time, it was Clinton 44%, Trump 39%. This is Trump’s highest level of support in Rasmussen Reports’ matchups with Clinton since last October. His support has been hovering around the 40% mark since April, but it remains to be seen whether he’s just having a good week or this actually represents a real move forward among voters.

Trump now earns 75% support among his fellow Republicans and picks up 14% of the Democratic vote. Seventy-six percent (76%) of Democrats like Clinton, as do 10% of GOP voters. Both candidates face a sizable number of potential defections because of unhappiness with them in their own parties.

[...]

Dude - that's RASUMUSSEN...which has almost always significantly skewed its polls to the right. Look up their track record sometime.

What's more, it combined telephone calls and (notoriously inaccurate) online polling. And when it comes to the phone calls, were they to both landlines and to cell phones? Or to landlines only? Because those who have landlines tend to be much older and whiter these days.

In other words, when Rasmussen says something that's way the heck out of line with the rest of the polling, there's usually a doggone good reason...just like it was in 2012.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

[...]

Isn't this one of those polling houses who were biased last week?

Dude - that's RASUMUSSEN...which has almost always significantly skewed its polls to the right. Look up their track record sometime.

What's more, it combined telephone calls and (notoriously inaccurate) online polling. And when it comes to the phone calls, were they to both landlines and to cell phones? Or to landlines only? Because those who have landlines tend to be much older and whiter these days.

In other words, when Rasmussen says something that's way the heck out of line with the rest of the polling, there's usually a doggone good reason...just like it was in 2012.

Oh look. Someone who doesn't like the fact that Trump is leading a Poll.
iLOL

I am surprised I have to say this over, but based on your reply I guess I must.

As I said.

Did you or did you not understand the for "information purposes only" portion?

Isn't this one of those polling houses who were biased last week?
No this isn't like the information you provide.

Says the guy from the side that believes that there's no such thing as global warming (all the scientists are lying, you see), the mainstream media's all in the pocket of the Left, and that we've got a president who's a Kenyan Muslim who's under the control of a "Christian" pastor named Bill Ayers.

Says the guy from the side that believes that there's no such thing as global warming (all the scientists are lying, you see), the mainstream media's all in the pocket of the Left, and that we've got a president who's a Kenyan Muslim who's under the control of a "Christian" pastor named Bill Ayers.
Yes, I can see that is what you are saying.
Your opinions of such are irrelevant to this thread.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

[...]

Trump: if the polls are against him he rails. If in his favor he says he loves them.

What does "information purposes only" even mean? Is this a private blog or something? No criticism allowed? I thought this was a debate website.

Try sticking to the topic.

Topic? I thought this was information purposes only.

No you weren't. The wrong results of an election being published has nothing do with the here and now of these poll results.

Sadly, he really didn't get it.
No you clearly didn't get it.
His reply was irrelevant as your reply is lame.
This is not about the finale election or the publishing of the wrong results of an election.
Or are you saying you really didn't know that?

It's has nothing to do with me..............

I'm just asking to explain what some folks claimed last week!

BTW

Reply is non-responsive to subject..........

LOL , you got 'em there buddy.

No, it was a lame reply. Just as your off-topic posting is.

What does "information purposes only" even mean? Is this a private blog or something? No criticism allowed? I thought this was a debate website.

Are you really feigning ignorance?
First your quote is incomplete.
It says: "Provided for current polling information purposes only".
Most folks would understand that means it is there "as is" for discussion. Not as someone trying to infer something by it.

But of course you and obviously another clearly wouldn't understand that.
Next time I will put it into a long drawn out explanation for you folks since you have trouble with brevity.

Stay on subject
Correcting you is not off-topic.
And had you stayed on-topic there would have been no need for correcting.

I can take a guess at that: I interpret is as not taking a side, just wanting to know what people have to say about it.

I can take a guess at that: I interpret is as not taking a side, just wanting to know what people have to say about it.

Then explain post #4.

Back
Top Bottom