• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

Do you agree?

• Total voters

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Rasmussen’s Bizarre Poll About Racism | TPMDC

The right-leaning polling firm Rasmussen Reports dove into America’s views of race on Wednesday with a bizarre survey that concluded most of the nation thinks blacks are more likely to be racist than whites.

Going deeper into the poll’s crosstabs shows that 49 percent of Republicans believe “most black Americans (are) racist,” roughly the same percentage of Democrats (47 percent) who said the opposite. A third of Republicans said most black Americans are not racist, while only 11 percent of the GOP said that most white people are racist. Fifty-eight percent of respondents identified as “very conservative” said most blacks are racist, while a plurality of 44 percent “somewhat conservative” respondents said the same.

(snip)

A study conducted by Fordham University rated Rasmussen as one of the least accurate pollsters of the 2012 election cycle.

Do you agree?

Yes
No, Whites are the most racist
No, They are the same
I Don't Know

The right-leaning polling firm Rasmussen Reports dove into America’s views of race on Wednesday with a bizarre survey that concluded most of the nation thinks blacks are more likely to be racist than whites.

Going deeper into the poll’s crosstabs shows that 49 percent of Republicans believe “most black Americans (are) racist,” roughly the same percentage of Democrats (47 percent) who said the opposite. A third of Republicans said most black Americans are not racist, while only 11 percent of the GOP said that most white people are racist. Fifty-eight percent of respondents identified as “very conservative” said most blacks are racist, while a plurality of 44 percent “somewhat conservative” respondents said the same.

(snip)

A study conducted by Fordham University rated Rasmussen as one of the least accurate pollsters of the 2012 election cycle.

Do you agree?

Yes
No, They are the same
I Don't Know

Ah, keeping racism alive and well in America I see. :roll:

Only some white folks are racist but all non-whites are simply expressing justified resentment (to all white folks) because some white folks are racist. It is simple, really. ;)

(snip)

Do you agree?

Yes
No, They are the same
I Don't Know

I think most blacks think that most whites are racist. I'm not sure they're racist themselves . . . I wouldn't even want to offer an opinion on whether or not they're racist. My own personal experience is that blacks have, almost without exception, treated me very well -- never showed any animosity toward me that I attributed to racism, certainly never used any racist language, etc., etc.

But if I listen to people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? Or, better, if black people listen to and are influenced by their likes? Then they would be led to believe they're behind the eight ball no matter what they do. And, of course, it's not true.

It's a poll, I want to see what people think.

I said keeping racism alive and well in America, and you said "it's a right wing poll."

:sigh:

:inandout:

I said keeping racism alive and well in America, and you said "it's a right wing poll."
That's correct, Rasmussen is a right leaning pollster.

The biggest element of racism in this thread is Petey making it. Liberals have a tendency to disguise racism by blaming it on conservatives.

I agree with the OP. It's a bizarre poll.

The biggest element of racism in this thread is Petey making it. Liberals have a tendency to disguise racism by blaming it on conservatives.
It's a poll, I got the idea from Rasmussen which is a conservative leaning pollster. If you can handle it, just forget it.

Prejudice without power is unimportant. Every single black American could hate white people with a burning passion, but that hatred will never manifest in a way that truly harms white Americans. The inverse is most assuredly not true. That comes from having the majority population, most of the accumulated wealth of the nation, and nearly every single position of power, both private and public.

Prejudice without power is unimportant. Every single black American could hate white people with a burning passion, but that hatred will never manifest in a way that truly harms white Americans. The inverse is most assuredly not true. That comes from having the majority population, most of the accumulated wealth of the nation, and nearly every single position of power, both private and public.

It certainly didn't happen in South Africa...oh, wait...

I don't know if black people are more racist but it's acceptable for black people to be racist so they tend to say more racist things, in my opinion.

Is this scientifically acquired empirical data or conjecture?

Prejudice without power is unimportant. Every single black American could hate white people with a burning passion, but that hatred will never manifest in a way that truly harms white Americans.
Tell that to the innocent victims of race based mob attacks by groups of blacks against whites for no reason other than they are white...... there are many well known examples out there but I'll just list one..... The L.A. Riots after the acquittal of the Rodney King officers.

You don't have to be in positions of power to create harm when you have a violent mob.

Tell that to the innocent victims of race based mob attacks by groups of blacks against whites for no reason other than they are white...... there are many well known examples out there but I'll just list one..... The L.A. Riots after the acquittal of the Rodney King officers.

You don't have to be in positions of power to create harm when you have a violent mob.

How exactly do you untangle that bolded from the oppression and violence visited on blacks by whites in this country, starting four hundred years ago and continuing to today? If there were groups of blacks attacking Asians, I'd say you had a point. But there aren't. "No reason other than they are white" includes all of the benefits that whites have obtained by ordering society for our benefit and trampling on blacks to get there. If you think that just because you never owned any slaves that you exist in a racial vacuum, then you're very very deep in denial. Until being born black doesn't vastly increase the chance to spend one's life in poverty, to be locked up in prison for crimes that whites commit and aren't imprisoned for, or to die younger, then there is no position of race neutrality in this country.

How exactly do you untangle that bolded from the oppression and violence visited on blacks by whites in this country, starting four hundred years ago and continuing to today? If there were groups of blacks attacking Asians, I'd say you had a point. But there aren't. "No reason other than they are white" includes all of the benefits that whites have obtained by ordering society for our benefit and trampling on blacks to get there. If you think that just because you never owned any slaves that you exist in a racial vacuum, then you're very very deep in denial. Until being born black doesn't vastly increase the chance to spend one's life in poverty, to be locked up in prison for crimes that whites commit and aren't imprisoned for, or to die younger, then there is no position of race neutrality in this country.

Im not stuck to 400 years ago.... Im talking about Today.

400 years ago was 400 years ago. I had nothing to do with it, couldn't do anything about it, and can't change it today.

Everything else is crap that applies to poor whites just as well as blacks.

Im so tired of people making all blacks out to be poor disadvantaged and all due to their race.... while ignoring all the poor whites who go through NEARLY the exact same thing with varying degree..... at times worse if they are unfortunate to live in a neighborhood where they are the only whites.

I don't live in a racial vacuum.. but im not about to take responsibility for **** that ain't my fault. And I sure as hell ain't about to accept a beat down from an angry black mob due to **** they didn't experience and I didn't do.

Your response is sad.

Quite frankly, if I were a black person, I'd be offended at how often blacks are immediately assumed to be poor and disadvantaged by privileged white liberals trying to score politically correct points.

Oh, and I forgot to add....

Because blacks were slaves and later treated like **** while being "free" by white folks.......... that gives them the right to create a mob and attack whites for no other reason than they are white today?

Give me a ****ing break.

People like you only help to ENCOURAGE the racist blacks out there who live their lives with contempt towards the white man. People like you validate their racist feelings.

It's a poll, I got the idea from Rasmussen which is a conservative leaning pollster. If you can handle it, just forget it.

So you are trying to remind everybody about how racist everyone is? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom