• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

Do you agree?

• Total voters
How exactly do you untangle that bolded from the oppression and violence visited on blacks by whites in this country, starting four hundred years ago and continuing to today? If there were groups of blacks attacking Asians, I'd say you had a point. But there aren't. "No reason other than they are white" includes all of the benefits that whites have obtained by ordering society for our benefit and trampling on blacks to get there. If you think that just because you never owned any slaves that you exist in a racial vacuum, then you're very very deep in denial. Until being born black doesn't vastly increase the chance to spend one's life in poverty, to be locked up in prison for crimes that whites commit and aren't imprisoned for, or to die younger, then there is no position of race neutrality in this country.

why is a group that most of Europe oppressed for centuries, culminating with millions of them being exterminated now the most overrepresented group in places such as the US senate, The US Supreme Court, and Harvard Law School?

Prejudice without power is unimportant. Every single black American could hate white people with a burning passion, but that hatred will never manifest in a way that truly harms white Americans. The inverse is most assuredly not true. That comes from having the majority population, most of the accumulated wealth of the nation, and nearly every single position of power, both private and public.

What a load of crap. Do you actually live in America? I'm sure that Affirmative Action, ERA, etc. weren't passed because of a black Congressional majority.

So you are trying to remind everybody about how racist everyone is? :roll:

No, I never said anyone is racist, but I think you are trying too.

Must be the monthly racism reminder. :mrgreen:

divide and conquer is a common tactic of those who want the government to have more and more control of the citizens

the late great David Broder (hardly a "conservative") noted that when the wall came down, the hard left in America turned their energies from worshipping the deceased soviet union to trying to "balkanize" america by pushing group rights and group guilt in order to divide us into several warring camps

divide and conquer is a common tactic of those who want the government to have more and more control of the citizens

the late great David Broder (hardly a "conservative") noted that when the wall came down, the hard left in America turned their energies from worshipping the deceased soviet union to trying to "balkanize" america by pushing group rights and group guilt in order to divide us into several warring camps

That's not too hard to believe with all the Jessie Jacksons and Al Sharptons of the world.

Edit: Oh and Pbraurs. :lol:

Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites

Yeah and the "disuniting of America" as Arthur Schlesinger Jr. put it, was largely overblown. To some extent it is intellectually true, by for the most part it is not. Most attempts at multiculturalism focused primarily in being inclusive, a more enthusiastic cultural pluralism, than the relativistic tribalism of some leftists.

Yeah and the "disuniting of America" as Arthur Schlesinger Jr. put it, was largely overblown. To some extent it is intellectually true, by for the most part it is not. Most attempts at multiculturalism focused primarily in being inclusive, a more enthusiastic cultural pluralism, than the relativistic tribalism of some leftists.

Anybody else hear the Peanut's Parents/Teacher when reading this?

Okay. your cool cause yer all smart n' ****.

if you cannot convince them with logic

Dazzle them with fancy sounding BS?

Rasmussen’s Bizarre Poll About Racism | TPMDC

The right-leaning polling firm Rasmussen Reports dove into America’s views of race on Wednesday with a bizarre survey that concluded most of the nation thinks blacks are more likely to be racist than whites.

Going deeper into the poll’s crosstabs shows that 49 percent of Republicans believe “most black Americans (are) racist,” roughly the same percentage of Democrats (47 percent) who said the opposite. A third of Republicans said most black Americans are not racist, while only 11 percent of the GOP said that most white people are racist. Fifty-eight percent of respondents identified as “very conservative” said most blacks are racist, while a plurality of 44 percent “somewhat conservative” respondents said the same.

(snip)

A study conducted by Fordham University rated Rasmussen as one of the least accurate pollsters of the 2012 election cycle.

Do you agree?

Yes
No, Whites are the most racist
No, They are the same
I Don't Know

Are we making a distinction between prejudice and racism? If we go by the sociology definition, blacks would have to have the power to systematically harm whites. That doesn't really exist.

Also, how reliable should we see a poll?

I think it is a case that more blacks are race conscience, and any wrong they perceive done against by someone outside their demographic is attributed to skin pigmentation.

To give an anecdote, Quite some time ago I had a job where my foreman was white, I am white and a fellow co-worker was black. This individual was lazy, he was a shifty fellow always trying to get out of the hard jobs and tried always to stick me with them. There were plenty of shifty, lazy white and latino workers at this job as well, just to cut off at the pass anyone thinking I am stereotyping.

Well, this individual when our foreman demanded he take care of this particular task got indignant. Man, the fuss he made over it was actually quite unbelievable. Anyway, we had to perform a series of tasks together and then we were to split up. Him going to do this dreaded task and me to finally receive justice and go and perform a less strenuous job. To anyone who'd listen he'd scream of the injustice, he tried to negotiate, he tried to swindle, he tried almost everything to get out of this task and then, he came across a group of our fellow co workers who shared his race. He howled and cried, "Why do I have to do this and not him?" to a cacophony of nodding head of agreement and shouts of "Yeah, why is that?" They all looked at me with disdain. He said again with a look giving the "read between the lines" impression. "Why did that foreman give him the easier of two tasks while making me have to do the harder work" To more nods of agreement and calls of injustice "Eh, huh, why did she give him that job to do..."

I quite literally had to walk away from the situation, it was beyond apparent what the inference was, and my only response was going to be "It's not cuz I'm white that she told me to do this and you do that it is because she see's your lazy ass always trying to get out of anything that resembles work!"

Which as I'm sure you all can imagine would have opened up a whole new can of worms...

I've experienced plenty of for instances like the above mentioned situation and others of a similar vein. I also know a lot of blacks that act nothing like that. Most of those being rather successful. So it would seem that there is a prevalent attitude that the less fortunate a group is the less likely they will see their own shortcomings and since their bad luck is inexplicable they see no other reason than race as the determining cause.

Do-gooders, democrats and pulpit pimps have made it easy for the black community to convince themselves that this is the primary and almost exclusive cause of their misfortune.

To me it boils down to one thing, not which side is "more racist," but which racist side has the power to quash the other side. Whites and non-whites may all be racists, but it's clear that whites in this global society, at this moment and in the recent past, and likely the foreseeable future, ... are the racists in power capable of doing harm to the rights, and lives, of whomever may justifiably or otherwise hate them.

To me it boils down to one thing, not which side is "more racist," but which racist side has the power to quash the other side. Whites and non-whites may all be racists, but it's clear that whites in this global society, at this moment and in the recent past, and likely the foreseeable future, ... are the racists in power capable of doing harm to the rights, and lives, of whomever may justifiably or otherwise hate them.

I think that's paranoid BS.

Yeah, that's right, white people want to make black people into slaves and take away their rights. We just hate them because of the color of their skin. (Sarcasm for those not smart enough to figure it out on their own). :roll:

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this racist bullcrap. That post is racist against white people, accusatory and divisive.

Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites

It's part of the culture wars of the 90s. If we were talking about the big ideas of the time, the Balkanization theory was popular, and figured most prominently in the arguments about our school system curricula best exemplified by the optional national history standards. As I said, the biggest fear was that we would be splintering into just ethnic, racial, other other statuses, and were unable to view ourselves as Americans. This was not the case.

I don't think you can make a generalization about the whole nation about this that actually means something. I would bet whites are far more racist in the south, but some black community somewhere else might have more black racists, etc. And what about everyone else? The parents of all my Japanese friends are racist as heck, against everyone not Japanese (and by that I mean parents/grandparents of my friends who immigrated from Japan)

I don't think you can make a generalization about the whole nation about this that actually means something. I would bet whites are far more racist in the south, but some black community somewhere else might have more black racists, etc. And what about everyone else? The parents of all my Japanese friends are racist as heck, against everyone not Japanese (and by that I mean parents/grandparents of my friends who immigrated from Japan)

I agree. It's individuals, but some people are claiming that if white people are racist, then they are backed by some imaginary government entity or something. As if we don't have hate crime laws which prosecute for such things, as if we don't have an ACLU, as if we didn't elect a black president.

You know, the older I get the less I care about what people think of me. I find that most of the people screaming "Respect me", have done little if anything to earn it. Which generally means when they run into me and the likes of me they get a VERY rude awakening. I don't care if people think I am racist or not. I don't care what people call me. Only the people I care about get that consideration, and there are very few I care about. The rest can piss up a rope or whatever else catches their fancy. I could not care at all. I use all kinds of slurs liberally.:twisted: If people don't like it, too bad. Blacks in this country are quite frankly in a lot of cases WAY to sensitive. It leads them being manipulated like puppets, because they are too busy worry about a puff of air passing though someone's lips. Whites are too sensitive about blacks perceptions of them, too busy worrying about what others would think of them. A lot of blacks have become racist bullys, and a lot of whites have become mewling ******s with no backbone. Both whites and blacks have basically made themselves into easily manipulated puppets, that can be played like hellbound harps. The only thing I can figure is they LIKE being played. Oh well their problem not mine.

Prejudice without power is unimportant. Every single black American could hate white people with a burning passion, but that hatred will never manifest in a way that truly harms white Americans. The inverse is most assuredly not true. That comes from having the majority population, most of the accumulated wealth of the nation, and nearly every single position of power, both private and public.

Not sure that's entirely true. Prejudice toward a society that is perceived as white-dominated discourages blacks from participating in it to the fullest extent possible. One of the reasons economic progress has been slower for them than other minorities.

The sort of tenant housing you encounter in rundown inner city neighborhoods isn't as cheap as you'd think it should be given the dangers and limited opportunities characteristic of those neighborhoods. Blacks could leave those neighborhoods in much higher numbers than they do, which is usually a good step toward getting traction on economic progress.

Last edited:
Only some white folks are racist but all non-whites are simply expressing justified resentment (to all white folks) because some white folks are racist. It is simple, really. ;)

"Justified resentment"?

I think you forgot our sarcasm tag.

I think that's paranoid BS.

Yeah, that's right, white people want to make black people into slaves and take away their rights. We just hate them because of the color of their skin. (Sarcasm for those not smart enough to figure it out on their own). :roll:

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this racist bullcrap. That post is racist against white people, accusatory and divisive.

And yet, our history does hold some of this. I would be dishonest to deny it. And we still have people and places that deny employment, housing, and service due to race. This isn't all white people, to be sure, but it really doesn't happen the other way around.

And yet, our history does hold some of this. I would be dishonest to deny it. And we still have people and places that deny employment, housing, and service due to race. This isn't all white people, to be sure, but it really doesn't happen the other way around.

Are you saying that there are no black employers who may not hire white people? Doubtful.

Rasmussen’s Bizarre Poll About Racism | TPMDC

The right-leaning polling firm Rasmussen Reports dove into America’s views of race on Wednesday with a bizarre survey that concluded most of the nation thinks blacks are more likely to be racist than whites.

Going deeper into the poll’s crosstabs shows that 49 percent of Republicans believe “most black Americans (are) racist,” roughly the same percentage of Democrats (47 percent) who said the opposite. A third of Republicans said most black Americans are not racist, while only 11 percent of the GOP said that most white people are racist. Fifty-eight percent of respondents identified as “very conservative” said most blacks are racist, while a plurality of 44 percent “somewhat conservative” respondents said the same.

(snip)

A study conducted by Fordham University rated Rasmussen as one of the least accurate pollsters of the 2012 election cycle.

Do you agree?

Yes
No, Whites are the most racist
No, They are the same
I Don't Know

Why do you care?

Why do you care?

I think he just wants to remind us every now and again how rotten we are and what a hateful racist nation we are. :roll:

that might have some truth but black on white violent crime is far higher than the other way around

Back
Top Bottom