• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama’s’

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ROTFLOL... Palin 52% Obama 40%

Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama’s’
By: Mark Hemingway
Commentary Staff Writer
09/20/10 9:10 AM PDT

I don’t know if this poll is an endorsement of Palin or a harsh judgment on the President, but either way it’s not good for the White House:

Fifty-two percent (52%) of Likely U.S. Voters say their own views are closer to Sarah Palin’s than they are to President Obama’s, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Just 40% say their views are closer to the president’s than to those of the former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate.

Among the Political Class, however, 68% say their views are more like Obama’s, while 63% of Mainstream voters describe their views as more like Palin’s.

Rasmussen:

ROTFLOL... a political MOAB!

And as we know, there are more mainstream folks than pinheads.
Seems they aren't too keen on Obama's definition of Change we can believe in.

Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

Considering that Palin dont know what her views are, then... well. are you saying that 52% of Americans are either just as stupid as Palin or that the poll it self was poorly worded?

Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

Considering that Palin dont know what her views are, then... well. are you saying that 52% of Americans are either just as stupid as Palin or that the poll it self was poorly worded?

I would say your post reflects a deep level of ignorance.

As you were.

Well then, it is a dark day for America.

See there you go again using the talking dumb asses Olberman and that gay gay Mathews with the thrilling tingle up his leg's mantra to bash someone who has achieved more in her life than you could ever hope to.

Since Sarah came on the scene the the 5th Column Lame Stream Media has tried to belittle her because she frightens the hell out of them.

She gets more popular with every speech and after every attack. I just have to laugh about it.

She's been a Mayor and the CEO of Alaska and her executive experience out strips the Amateur in Chief by just about 100% since he doesn't have any that has been successful after 2 plus years making dumb remarks and leading the Nation into ruin.

But then as far as what seems to be his plan goes he's right on schedule.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Last edited:

Grammar and spelling aren't your strengths are they? It appears you want to say that 52% of Americans are stupid; typical left wing European snobbery. Of course you people wish you had half the wealth, power and accomplishment of these supposedly stupid Americans.

Thank you for playing.

Maybe 52% of Americans are female.

Of course her poll numbers are higher. She's doing more for the country than he is. She's helping us get back on track, while he keeps trying to completely derail us.

Maybe 52% of Americans are female.

Hey, I take offense to that. Just because Sarah is a woman doesn't mean that all of us don't have cognitive reasoning abilities :lol:

Of course her poll numbers are higher. She's doing more for the country than he is. She's helping us get back on track, while he keeps trying to completely derail us.

Well I could say the same thing about Palin now couldn't I.
Personally I do think she thinks she is doing what's best, but it would only hurt this country, not help it if her, or people like her got into any position of power.

Hey, I take offense to that. Just because Sarah is a woman doesn't mean that all of us don't have cognitive reasoning abilities :lol:

But your views would be more like Palin's, especially if you looked down. :mrgreen:

But your views would be more like Palin's, especially if you looked down. :mrgreen:

Oh, I love puns!

52% of Americans can see Russia from their porch?

So if the political class is more like Obama- and you havent left the republicans yet for the tea party well. Hmmm .

Palin. The woman (the news will tell you) who fits into <insert democratic opponents> leadership everytime. Wrecks other peoples stuff up just enough then dips out.

52% of Americans can see Russia from their porch?

Thank goodness only 40% think there are 57 states.

Well I could say the same thing about Palin now couldn't I.
Personally I do think she thinks she is doing what's best, but it would only hurt this country, not help it if her, or people like her got into any position of power.

Yes, there is always the fearful threat that the budget might be balanced or the drunken sprending spree brought to a halt. It must keep the Obamateurs up all night.

Not suprising that 52% of LIKELY VOTERS can associate with anything non Obama. Obama is failing at every turn and it's extensively covered in the mainstream media (this groups likely only source of political news).

Democrats are in the same situation Republicans were in years ago. They need leadership outside of the circle of the current leadership to succeed. All likely hood they will lose the House and the Senate, just as Republicans did when this happened to them.

Last edited:

Well then, it is a dark day for America.

Read the Rasumssen report.

"Sixteen percent (16%) of voters say they are more likely to vote for a candidate who is endorsed by Palin, but 27% say they are less likely to do so. Fifty-five percent (55%) say a Palin endorsement makes no difference to how they will vote...

Forty-eight percent (48%) of all voters now regard Obama’s political views as extreme. Forty-two percent (42%) place his views in the mainstream. Among five top contenders for the White House in 2012, however, only Palin is viewed as more extreme than the president. Just 38% say Palin’s views are mainstream, while 55% regard them as extreme. "

Hahhaha.

It's a best practice here to fully read the articles partisans post. All too often they leave out critical information to support their biased views.

ROTFLOL... Palin 52% Obama 40%

ROTFLOL... a political MOAB!

And as we know, there are more mainstream folks than pinheads.
Seems they aren't too keen on Obama's definition of Change we can believe in.

The average voter doesn't seem to even know what Palin or Obama's postiions actually are, so this isn't really worth a grain of salt.

The average voter doesn't seem to even know what Palin or Obama's postiions actually are, so this isn't really worth a grain of salt.

Pretty much. Even more amusing since Obama is following many of the Bush and Republican positions from the past. It's endlessly amusing how people bash Obama and then want to vote Republican while Obama is enacting Republican agenda items. People have just stopped thinking entirely.

Pretty much. Even more amusing since Obama is following many of the Bush and Republican positions from the past. It's endlessly amusing how people bash Obama and then want to vote Republican while Obama is enacting Republican agenda items. People have just stopped thinking entirely.

Obamacare was part of the Republican agenda? Cap and trade? Trillions in debt?

Perhaps you should offer some evidence.

Obamacare was part of the Republican agenda? Cap and trade? Trillions in debt?

Perhaps you should offer some evidence.

Perhaps you should get out from under that rock.

Healthcare bill? Originally GOP. Health insurance mandate began as a Republican idea - The Boston Globe
Cap and Trade? Originally GOP. PolitiFact Ohio | Democratic Rep. John Boccieri invokes GOP Sen. John McCain to back his cap-and-trade stance
Trillions in Debt? Originally GOP. U.S. National Debt Graph: What they Won't Tell You

Here's some more:

Bonus Depreciation? Originally GOP. http://www.allbusiness.com/accounting-reporting/expenses-depreciation/1056783-1.html
R&D Credits? Originally GOP. http://www.rdtaxcredit.com:8080/news/
Nuclear Loans? GOP. http://www.nirs.org/press/02-14-2010/1

Need I go on? Stop pretending Obama is radically different from Bush. And start treating them with the same standard.

How was your temporary suspension? Give you time to think about stuff?

Last edited:

Perhaps you should get out from under that rock.

Healthcare bill? Originally GOP. Health insurance mandate began as a Republican idea - The Boston Globe
Cap and Trade? Originally GOP. PolitiFact Ohio | Democratic Rep. John Boccieri invokes GOP Sen. John McCain to back his cap-and-trade stance
Trillions in Debt? Originally GOP. U.S. National Debt Graph: What they Won't Tell You

Here's some more:

Bonus Depreciation? Originally GOP. The impact of bonus depreciation on leasing activity | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com
R&D Credits? Originally GOP. http://www.rdtaxcredit.com:8080/news/
Nuclear Loans? GOP. Obama Administration Preparing to Implement Bush/McCain Energy Policy With Taxpayer Bailout for Southern Company Nuclear Reactors - NIRS

Need I go on? Stop pretending Obama is radically different from Bush. And start treating them with the same standard.

How was your temporary suspension? Give you time to think about stuff?

Who opposed Obamacare, the Democrats or Republicans?

Who opposed Cap and Trade, the Democrats or Republicans?

Who established record debt, the Democrats or Republicans?

Who opposed Obamacare, the Democrats or Republicans?

And this is relevant to my post how?

You asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.

Who opposed Cap and Trade, the Democrats or Republicans?

As I understand the various sulfur emissions bill, both actually. But again you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.

Who established record debt, the Democrats or Republicans?

The GOP. And please note I italicized established to ensure I can hit you when you attempt to change the subject again. But AGAIN you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.

obvious Child;1059007437]And this is relevant to my post how?

You asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.

If you read your own links you'd see that it was not a part of the "Republican platform" but in each case mentioned by individual Republicans. Individual members of the GOP may say whatever they want but that does not mean it is part of the GOP platform. In fact, as noted, the majority of Republicans voted against the legislation. What more evidence do you need?

In one laughable link it said it was a Republican idea and then went on to first mention Hillary and Bill.

You should strive to read higher quality sources.

As I understand the various sulfur emissions bill, both actually. But again you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject. The GOP. And please note I italicized established to ensure I can hit you when you attempt to change the subject again. But AGAIN you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.

Apparently you don't understand the difference between a platform and an individual opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom