• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rapists, drug dealers, and toddlers...

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
...who sometimes grow up to be star students

Star US student in storm after admitting she is 'undocumented' migrant

A Texas high-school valedictorian has been thrust into the tense US immigration debate after declaring on social media she is an undocumented migrant.

Mayte Lara graduated from David Crocket high school in Austin this month, posting her picture on Twitter along with: “Valedictorian, 4.5GPA, full tuition paid for at UT, 13 cords/medals, nice legs, oh and I’m undocumented.”

Maybe the illegals aren't all the same after all, what do you think?

I stole this education from you all and now I'm so proud!

The same as any other illegal.

There you go.

How dare she sneak into the US at the age of two! Punish her for her illegal act!

Teenager does something stupid they quickly regret.

“I want all this attention from strangers to stop already,’ the teenager tweeted soon after, adding “it’s kinda scary and want [it] to stop.” She has since deleted her account.

Next time don't announce stupid **** to the world.

There you go.

How dare she sneak into the US at the age of two! Punish her for her illegal act!

Indeed. Because of her an American citizen will not get that full ride scholarship. The entire family should be immediately deported and none of them allowed to apply for return until they've paid back every dime of our money they've used to educate her. She's a thief. Used to be only her parents were thieves, but now she's joined the crew and is proud of it.

Do the math.... How many kids like this vs how many violent criminals...

I fully support a "Go to the head of the line." policy for situations like hers where if the minor is a good student/community member and was brought here at a very young age, then we provide special dispensation to them. If they are criminals, drop-outs, not good community members, then we send them home to their country of origin to be dealt with.

“I want all this attention from strangers to stop already,’ the teenager tweeted soon after, adding “it’s kinda scary and want [it] to stop.” She has since deleted her account.

Yep. Hide in the shadows. That's the best way.

Indeed. Because of her an American citizen will not get that full ride scholarship. The entire family should be immediately deported and none of them allowed to apply for return until they've paid back every dime of our money they've used to educate her. She's a thief. Used to be only her parents were thieves, but now she's joined the crew and is proud of it.

She came here at TWO. She is as much a part of the country as anyone.

Oh, and she IS here legally now. She has DACA status. And thief? She earned her education and success through hard work and studying. But even if you want to talk about taxes, is there any evidence her parents didn't pay taxes? And since the DACA has given her legal status she will have a tax ID number, and will be able to use her education to get a good job, and pay even more in taxes.

Do the math.... How many kids like this vs how many violent criminals...

I fully support a "Go to the head of the line." policy for situations like hers where if the minor is a good student/community member and was brought here at a very young age, then we provide special dispensation to them. If they are criminals, drop-outs, not good community members, then we send them home to their country of origin to be dealt with.

Exactly.
Or, better yet, they don't get any government services or jobs until they go back to their home country and apply. People like the young lady in this article get a quick ride back and legal status. The criminals, drop outs, and no goods stay home.

It's far and away better than building a wall, whether it's a physical wall or simply a wall of hate, don't you think?

Exactly.
Or, better yet, they don't get any government services or jobs until they go back to their home country and apply. People like the young lady in this article get a quick ride back and legal status. The criminals, drop outs, and no goods stay home.

It's far and away better than building a wall, whether it's a physical wall or simply a wall of hate, don't you think?
What's wrong with a physical wall? (Half of which already exists and the other half is federal law to complete

She came here at TWO. She is as much a part of the country as anyone.

No, she is not.

Oh, and she IS here legally now. She has DACA status. And thief? She earned her education and success through hard work and studying. But even if you want to talk about taxes, is there any evidence her parents didn't pay taxes? And since the DACA has given her legal status she will have a tax ID number, and will be able to use her education to get a good job, and pay even more in taxes.

No, she's here because of a presidential over reach - DACA was not passed by congress and the POTUS does not have the power to change law. She didn't earn anything. And if her ILLEGAL alien parents paid some taxes, great, we'll deduct what they paid from the resulting bill. Once again, she was raised by thieves and has now become one herself. The next American citizen in line for that full ride scholarship gets robbed.

It takes a particularly high level of hate to call a two year old a criminal.

Takes a particularly high level of mental numbness to ignore what was written in favor of your own script.

Yep. Hide in the shadows. That's the best way.

I didn't say that now did I?
You go on a public space like twitter and say stuff that's highly contentious, don't be surprised when trolls come out of the wood work.

Of course, what did she accomplish by saying that on twitter?

I didn't say that now did I?
You go on a public space like twitter and say stuff that's highly contentious, don't be surprised when trolls come out of the wood work.

Of course, what did she accomplish by saying that on twitter?

The same thing Trump accomplished by his pronouncements on Mexican illegals: She brought the issue to the attention of the public.

What would she have accomplished by staying in the closet?

Takes a particularly high level of mental numbness to ignore what was written in favor of your own script.

She was a toddler when she was brought to this country illegally.
You did call her a criminal.

Your script, not mine.

Well she certainly proved that for all that education she didn't learn a damn thing. The internet is everywhere and the internet is forever. How can a kid growing up these days not understand that? she pretty much just destroyed her college chances and any future job prospects.

The same thing Trump accomplished by his pronouncements on Mexican illegals: She brought the issue to the attention of the public.

Nothing.
Precisely why it was a stupid and worthless act.

What would she have accomplished by staying in the closet?

Not announcing stuff to essentially the world, is not the same as "staying in the closet."
It seems like she thought she being setting some serious social/virtue signaling and it backfired.

Check this out, not everyone needs to know about your personal legal situation.

What's wrong with a physical wall? (Half of which already exists and the other half is federal law to complete

Well, it works for North Korea. Maybe it will work for the US, but then, I'd rather live in a free country than one that has to build walls. I'd also rather not pay taxes to build something that will serve only as a symbol of hate and won't actually accomplish anything else.

well, other than job security for Mexican tunnel builders and ladder manufacturers that is.

Well she certainly proved that for all that education she didn't learn a damn thing. The internet is everywhere and the internet is forever. How can a kid growing up these days not understand that? she pretty much just destroyed her college chances and any future job prospects.

Sorta agree.
I'm sure that there are plenty of colleges/employers that would take her in, just for PR.

Nothing.
Precisely why it was a stupid and worthless act.

Not announcing stuff to essentially the world, is not the same as "staying in the closet."
It seems like she thought she being setting some serious social/virtue signaling and it backfired.

Check this out, not everyone needs to know about your personal legal situation.

If only the gays had all stayed in the closet, we could have ignored their existence too.

Well, it works for North Korea. Maybe it will work for the US, but then, I'd rather live in a free country than one that has to build walls. I'd also rather not pay taxes to build something that will serve only as a symbol of hate and won't actually accomplish anything else.

well, other than job security for Mexican tunnel builders and ladder manufacturers that is.

In other words, your argument is based purely on emotion and with no factual basis

Back
Top Bottom