• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

RAPEX: bizarre new anti-rape device.

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
First off: no. This is not a joke.
Rapex is a female condom that a woman wears inside her vagina like a tampon.
Inside it are rows of hooked barbs that stick into the flesh of a man's penis, causing excrutiating pain, and must be surgically removed.
Theoretically, this will force the rapist to seek immediate medical treatment, thus identifying himself as a rapist so that he can be apprehended by the authorities.
A prototype of this device was launched in 2005, and mass production was set to begin in April 2007. I do not have word as to whether production began on schedule, or was postponed due to widespread controversy over this product.

Detractor's arguments include the suggestion that the product is merely vindictive and punitive, and does not in any way serve as a prophylaxis or deterrent against rape, since attackers cannot tell beforehand whether a woman is wearing one (Rapex does, apparently, protect against sexually transmitted disease, functioning like an ordinary barrier contraceptive in this regard).
Concerns have also been raised that under certain circumstances, this product could be used as a weapon to seriously injure an innocent man.

The product was invented by Sonette Ehlers, who works for the South African Institute for Medical Research, and has counseled rape victims for the past twenty years.
Her inspiration for developing this product, apparently, was a rape victim Ehlers counseled, who lamented the fact that her vagina didn't have teeth.

So, what do you think about this?
Good idea or bad idea?
Bad idea in the US, good idea in third-world countries, where rape is a commonplace and socially-accepted occurrence and where women have no official recourse?

link

So, what do you think about this?
Good idea or bad idea?
Bad idea in the US, good idea in third-world countries, where rape is a commonplace and socially-accepted occurrence and where women have no official recourse?

link
That looks like it could cause some serious damage!

I don't see any problem with it if it makes a woman feel "safer." It doesn't stop the initial penetration, but it would cut the rape short, I believe. Couldn't it also incite anger in the rapist who might retaliate even more violently? I don't know....seems like a dangerous chance to take if you really think you may be a victim of rape, wouldn't mace, or a taser work better?

That looks like it could cause some serious damage!

I don't see any problem with it if it makes a woman feel "safer." It doesn't stop the initial penetration, but it would cut the rape short, I believe. Couldn't it also incite anger in the rapist who might retaliate even more violently? I don't know....seems like a dangerous chance to take if you really think you may be a victim of rape, wouldn't mace, or a taser work better?

My concern, which I hadn't seen voiced in any of the articles I read, is that if it causes the attacker to bleed, it could potentially be putting the victim at even more serious risk of HIV infection.
I understand this device works as a barrier contraceptive... but with or without such a barrier, who wants a potentially HIV-positive rapist bleeding inside their vagina? Especially in South Africa, where the AIDS rate is astronomically high?

But, like you, I feel that if it makes women feel safer and more empowered, go for it.

My concern, which I hadn't seen voiced in any of the articles I read, is that if it causes the attacker to bleed, it could potentially be putting the victim at even more serious risk of HIV infection.
I understand this device works as a barrier contraceptive... but with or without such a barrier, who wants a potentially HIV-positive rapist bleeding inside their vagina? Especially in South Africa, where the AIDS rate is astronomically high?
That's a good point too.

There were stories about this thing a couple years ago. It seems fatally flawed and unlikely to ever catch on.

1) Who would walk around with an uncomfortable female condom on at all times?
2) Wouldn't something like a tazer be more effective?
3) From it's shoddy looking design, it seems unlikely that it will actually work as they claim it would.
4) It would probably result in a skyrocketing number of attempted-rape-murders

There were stories about this thing a couple years ago. It seems fatally flawed and unlikely to ever catch on.

1) Who would walk around with an uncomfortable female condom on at all times?
2) Wouldn't something like a tazer be more effective?
3) From it's shoddy looking design, it seems unlikely that it will actually work as they claim it would.
4) It would probably result in a skyrocketing number of attempted-rape-murders

#1 Women walk around with things in the "place" all the time. Tampons, Diva Cups, Insteads... You don't really feel it...I've never tried a female condom, but maybe it is different if part of it is on the outside (which I assume it might be).

#2 I agree, but hey...if it makes her "feel" safer--that's the goal.

#3 To me, it looked like it would latch on to the guy and leave the woman's body with him. I didn't think it looked so "shoddy" but I know nothing about female condoms as I said.

#4 Yeah...the "murder" part is the thing I think could result as his anger could explode due to unexpected pain.

PLUS--what stop a rapist from commanding her to take out the contraption before he rapes her? He's already attempting to control her through attempted rape--it would be just one more thing he could demean her with.

Still...if it makes the woman feel safer whether it works or not....I don't see a problem.

Hmm. This possibility might convince a rapist to indulge in a butt-fvck. All things considered, a taser is a more suitable self-defense option.

Hmm. This possibility might convince a rapist to indulge in a butt-fvck. All things considered, a taser is a more suitable self-defense option.

Haha... you could stick one up your arse as well, I s'pose. Then you'd be truly well-defended.
Hey, maybe men ought to wear one too.
Of course, if rapists started to get the idea that people were wearing these things, they might stick their finger in first to check; then, only their finger would get "bitten".
Or, they might even stick some other object in beforehand, like setting off a bear-trap with a stick.

#1 Women walk around with things in the "place" all the time. Tampons, Diva Cups, Insteads... You don't really feel it...I've never tried a female condom, but maybe it is different if part of it is on the outside (which I assume it might be).

Yeah, I was going to mention that.
You can't really feel objects once they're inside, unless part of them is hanging out.
(Men are so clueless).
This device is apparently entirely internal.

(Men are so clueless)..
Hey...RightinNYC...do you know what DivaCup or Insead are? I won't even get into Ben Wa Balls...:3oops:

Hey...RightinNYC...do you know what DivaCup or Insead are? I won't even get into Ben Wa Balls...:3oops:

Or a diaphragm, or a cervical cap, ect.

VeriGuard_logo.gif

VeriGuard™ is the first radio frequency identification (RFID) security solution to combine access control ;) with the location and protection of individuals and assets ;) by supporting multiple RFID technologies in one system — including VeriChip's patented, human-implantable RFID microchip.

VeriChip is pleased to introduce:
ClitChip
[IMG Deleted by CommonSence]​

Unlike conventional weapons a ClitChip C2 discharge can work anywhere on the body making easier to stop a threat under stress than other self-defense options.

ClitChip devices are field proven to be over 95% effective in actual law enforcement encounters by over 10,000 police agencies in 40 countries.

RFIDTaser Technology provides the only devices, short of lethal means, that can truly stop an attacker even those under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Motorola RAZR V3m Pink
ClitChip1_edited.jpg

The C2 ClitChip series offers the highest take-down power available.
Must be 18 years or older to purchase***.
Online Exclusive: FREE
Your Price Today: $0.00! After instant discount

Package Contents:
  • ClitChip C2 w/intergrated laser sight
  • 15' Air Cartridges
  • User Manual
  • Training DVD
  • Registration Card
Calling Plan Details:
  • Verizon Wireless America's Choice 900
  • 900 Anytime Minutes
  • $59.99 a month

Motorola Buzz ic502
Verichip2.jpg

The C2 TASER series offers the highest take-down power available.
Must be 18 years or older to purchase***.
Compatible Only with Nextel PowerSource Plans
Online Exclusive: FREE
After instant discount PLUS $40 mail-in rebate

Package Contents:
  • TASER C2 w/intergrated laser sight
  • 15' Air Cartridges
  • User Manual
  • Training DVD
  • Registration Card
Calling Plan Details:
  • Power Pack 450 for PowerSource Phones - 2YR
  • 450 Anytime Minutes
  • $39.99 a month

***Activation/Registration required for unit to operate. Age and background check will be performed at activation. $9.99 fee at time of activation. VeriChip International.

Last edited:
Yes, yes, we know: rape is a joke, seeking to protect oneself from rape is a joke.
Now that you've had an opportunity to exhibit your (truly pitiful) sense of so-called humor, please allow us to get back to discussion of the issue at hand, and do not continue to spam this thread.
Thank you.

Yes, yes, we know: rape is a joke, seeking to protect oneself from rape is a joke.
Now that you've had an opportunity to exhibit your (truly pitiful) sense of so-called humor, please allow us to get back to discussion of the issue at hand, and do not continue to spam this thread.
Thank you.

Oh lighten up, Ten--the clit-chip is as good an idea as a vagina with teeth!:chew: Jerry might be on to something....better get a patent Jer.;)

Oh lighten up, Ten--the clit-chip is as good an idea as a vagina with teeth!:chew: Jerry might be on to something....better get a patent Jer.;)

I've been expecting him; now that he's made his contribution, he needs to move on and not continue his attempts to derail the thread.
More serious threads end up in the basement or archived because of Jerry than because of every other forum member put together.
I wonder if the mods have made that connection yet?

Anyway, back on topic.

My wife likes the fact that ClitChip has "Role-Over" minuts.

I've been expecting him; now that he's made his contribution, he needs to move on and not continue his attempts to derail the thread.
More serious threads end up in the basement or archived because of Jerry than because of every other forum member put together.

Anyway, back on topic.

Let's keep in mind what this thread is about:
Rapex is a female condom that a woman wears inside her vagina like a tampon.
Inside it are rows of hooked barbs that stick into the flesh of a man's penis, causing excrutiating pain, and must be surgically removed.
..no serious discussion can surround that device. It's like PregNot from SNL.

This thread is intended to provoke discussion in a serious vein.
If it were intended as a joke, I would've posted it in the basement or off-topics.
The mods have been notified of your persistent pestering (I allowed you a freebie; three is in excess of what I'm willing to tolerate).

I hope others will join me in not responding further to this thread until Jerry has been brought to heel.
I'd really dislike seeing it in the basement, or locked and archived (which is the way most of my threads have gone, not on account of me nor on account of the topic, but because of exactly this sort of aimless, pointless spamming and trolling).
Thank you.

Anyway, back on topic.

I understand your issue with the humor, but what do you think of the idea? It combines the taser with the feeling of protection. Maybe they could figure out a way for the woman to activate it as she chooses. She could always be protected and there would be no "product" that would be apparent. Aside from what you think about his method--what about Jerry's idea?

If it were intended as a joke, I would've posted it in the basement or off-topics.
The mods have been notified of your persistent pestering (I allowed you a freebie; three is in excess of what I'm willing to tolerate).

I hope others will join me in not responding further to this thread until Jerry has been brought to heel.
I'd really dislike seeing it in the basement, or locked and archived (which is the way most of my threads have gone, not on account of me nor on account of the topic, but because of exactly this sort of aimless, pointless spamming and trolling).
Thank you.
Don't be a poo...just ignore him if he bugs you.

Still...if it makes the woman feel safer whether it works or not....I don't see a problem.

Yea, if women want to do it for the peace of mind, by all means go ahead. I just very much doubt it will catch on.

Furthermore, the likelihood of the manufacturer being sued into oblivion within the first year is incredibly high, from either

a) A woman who relied on the product to protect her, when it failed, or

b) A man who was damaged by it during consensual sex when a woman either accidentally forgot to remove it or decided to leave it in maliciously.

Thank you.

In honor of 1069 routinely halting other member's serious discussions on other threads to point out a simple spelling error, how she can't take what she dishes out and the fact that she can't take a joke, I humbly submit Jerry's 3-Step Rape Prevention Program.

Step 1: Exorcize and be in shape.
Step 2: Learn how to fight.
Step 3: Buy a gun.

Not only is Jerry's 3 Step Rape Prevention Program highly customizable to the individual’s needs, physical ability and financial resources, but you won't end up with a guy infected with AIDS bleeding inside your crotch.

Yea, if women want to do it for the peace of mind, by all means go ahead. I just very much doubt it will catch on.

Furthermore, the likelihood of the manufacturer being sued into oblivion within the first year is incredibly high, from either

a) A woman who relied on the product to protect her, when it failed, or

b) A man who was damaged by it during consensual sex when a woman either accidentally forgot to remove it or decided to leave it in maliciously.

Agreed.

What do you think about Jerry's snatch-zapper?:mrgreen:

I can't even fathom how that thing would work.

I was going to clarify that with the follow-up advertisement for DickChip (from the makers of ClitChip ;) ), but I didn’t want 1069 to actually explode.

Basically the chip has a capacitor, charges the capacitor off of the human body it's in, and discharges the capacitor in the general direction of a nerve.

Woman would feel a lil tingle (sexy), but the dude's member would feel like it just got blown off.

No permanent damage.

Love it?
Love it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom