• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

RAPEX: bizarre new anti-rape device.

An acquaintance's daughter is going to Africa as an exchange student for journalism. I told her she needed to be careful b/c Africa is the rape capital of the world. She replied with..well there's rapes here on campus.

Yea ok.....15 or so rapes a yr do NOT compare to quadruple that on a DAILY basis.

That looks like it could cause some serious damage!

I don't see any problem with it if it makes a woman feel "safer." It doesn't stop the initial penetration, but it would cut the rape short, I believe. Couldn't it also incite anger in the rapist who might retaliate even more violently? I don't know....seems like a dangerous chance to take if you really think you may be a victim of rape, wouldn't mace, or a taser work better?

First of all...If a mans intent is to take what is not his, he deserves what he gets. Secondly, I have seen guys walk right through mace and tazers and such...but you rack a guy good and they are going down. I don't even want to think of how long he will stay down after he gets his come upance. If he was planning to rape he would most likely enforce it with violence so what are you really risking? The plus here is the woman would be protected against unwanted pregnancy and disease. I say make'em by the millions!!!
Most men are decent, but the minority that aren't deserve instant justice.
Just an observation
Zoo

First of all...If a mans intent is to take what is not his, he deserves what he gets. Secondly, I have seen guys walk right through mace and tazers and such...but you rack a guy good and they are going down. I don't even want to think of how long he will stay down after he gets his come upance. If he was planning to rape he would most likely enforce it with violence so what are you really risking? The plus here is the woman would be protected against unwanted pregnancy and disease. I say make'em by the millions!!!
Most men are decent, but the minority that aren't deserve instant justice.
Just an observation
Zoo

Ever see a guy walk through a clip of bullets?

Back
Top Bottom