• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rape, incest and abortion

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A very small minority think victims of rape or incest victims should be forced to continue the pregnancy and a very few think she should be able to have an abortion in the final weeks of pregnancy. So the question is what's a reasonable cut off date. There has to be one so taking everything into consideration what's reasonable and responsible? I'm okay with first trimester abortions if the woman becomes pregnant after contraception methods fail and I'd be uncomfortably okay with it maybe a month longer for rape and incest victims but that's about it.

A very small minority think victims of rape or incest victims should be forced to continue the pregnancy and a very few think she should be able to have an abortion in the final weeks of pregnancy. So the question is what's a reasonable cut off date. There has to be one so taking everything into consideration what's reasonable and responsible? I'm okay with first trimester abortions if the woman becomes pregnant after contraception methods fail and I'd be uncomfortably okay with it maybe a month longer for rape and incest victims but that's about it.
The entire state of Alabama doesn't want exceptions for rape or incest

Look to Europe

Most countries in the European Union allow abortion on demand during the first trimester, with Sweden and the Netherlands having more extended time limits.[3] After the first trimester, abortion is generally allowed only under certain circumstances, such as risk to the woman's life or health, fetal defects, or other specific situations that may be related to the circumstances of the conception or the woman's age

Uh...no. they already made the law. It becomes law if Roe is overturned
It's called catching the bus for votes. no reasonable right wing politician would support it, it's political suicide.

They didn't bet on Roe vs. Wade on being over turned. Good grief think.
Actually they did. They wanted to be prepared and have the law in place if that happened

Actually they did. They wanted to be prepared and have the law in place if that happened

So you think right wing politicians are that stupid?
A politician will tell you anything for votes, just like Mitch said he would overturn Obama care.

So you think right wing politicians are that stupid?
A politician will tell you anything for votes, just like Mitch said he would overturn Obama care.
Yes they are that stupid

Nope just democrats, remember when the left lost a gazillion elections after Obama care was passed?
President

Senate

House

Don't talk to me about losing elections

President

Senate

House

Don't talk to me about losing elections

Why deflect?

Again remember when the democrats lost the house and senate after Obama care was passed?

And how is that $4.45 gallon of gas working out for you, and the world is on a brink of nuclear destruction?

Why deflect?

Again remember when the democrats lost the house after Obama care was passed?

And how is that $4.45 gallon of gas working out for you, and the world is on a brink of nuclear destruction?
Deflect? We are talking about abortion and you bring up Obama care.

Now it's gas prices

Talk about deflection. Lol

Deflect? We are talking about the scotus decision and you bring up Obama care.

Now it's gas prices

Talk about deflection. Lol
I am not the one bragging about winning the house, senate and president, you are. Lol

Many rape victims don’t discover they are pregnant until later.
There may be vaginal bleeding soon after the rape due to injury or emotional factors.
That’s just one reason why exceptions into second trimester should be made for rape victims.

Oh , by the way anytime a fertile female has unprotected sex with a fertile male there is 5 percent chance she will be become pregnant.

We know the rapist does not use projection.

Last edited:
Many rape victims don’t discover they are pregnant until later.
There may be vaginal bleeding soon after the rape due to injury or emotional factors.
That’s just one reason why exceptions into second trimester should be made for rape victims.

Oh , by the way anytime a fertile female has unprotected sex with a fertile male there is 5 percent chance she will be become pregnant.

We know the rapist does not use projection.
Seems like if you were raped a primary concern would be pregnancy and you'd check on that as soon as possible.

Seems like if you were raped a primary concern would be pregnancy and you'd check on that as soon as possible.
You seem to be unaware how traumatic a rape is and how young many rape victims are.

82% of all juvenile victims are female.

From Very Well

Rape trauma syndrome (RTS) is a form of post-traumatic stress disorder(PTSD). It is the specific version of PTSD that occurs after sexual assault. RTS is most commonly associated with rape, but other forms of sexual assault, such as attempted rape, can also lead to RTS.

While it is considered more of an emotional and psychological condition than it is a physical one, Rape trauma is regarded as a syndrome because there are standard and consistent behaviors, thoughts, and feelings that occur consistently in victims of sexual assault.

Have the baby and give him or her a good home. I don't get this insistence to continue the ugliness; rape is bad enough, why pile it on with murdering the unborn?

Have the baby and give him or her a good home. I don't get this insistence to continue the ugliness; rape is bad enough, why pile it on with murdering the unborn?

Another guy who thinks the answer is as simple as give up 9 months of life, have the baby.
And then after all that sacrifice just give the the baby away to a good home.

What a load of garbage.

Another guy who thinks the answer is as simple as give up 9 months of life, have the baby.
And then after all that sacrifice just give the the baby away to a good home.

What a load of garbage.
Keep the baby then. Just don't be a crappy parent.

You seem to be unaware how traumatic a rape is and how young many rape victims are.

82% of all juvenile victims are female.

From Very Well

Rape trauma syndrome (RTS) is a form of post-traumatic stress disorder(PTSD). It is the specific version of PTSD that occurs after sexual assault. RTS is most commonly associated with rape, but other forms of sexual assault, such as attempted rape, can also lead to RTS.

While it is considered more of an emotional and psychological condition than it is a physical one, Rape trauma is regarded as a syndrome because there are standard and consistent behaviors, thoughts, and feelings that occur consistently in victims of sexual assault.
Nevertheless at some point it’s a baby and you’ve waited too long.

Back
Top Bottom