• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rape & abortion

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fact If the women blames the baby for her rape she is wrong. Don't you agree? The question has to be asked does God's law permit the killing of an innocent person?

But rejoice in so far as you are sharing in Christ sufferings so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12

But if you endure when you do right and suffer for it you have Gods approval. 1 Peter vs 20-24

Point being the baby is innocent and did not commit the rape. Secondly the woman would be killing someone that can carry on her life as part of her genetic make up is the child’s

Abortion and rape are very similar. Both violate a persons rights. Rights given to us by our creator.

I hope this helps God Bless.

Proudly Pro Life JP Freeman

Proudly Pro Life JP Freem said:
Actually, to me it didn't help as it was utter nonsense.

Well, if you don't follow the teachings of the Bible, everything it says is irrelevant.

According to the Bible, though, life does not begin until you have a soul. And fetuses do not yet have souls.

Also according to many church teachings, babies are not innocent. They were created in sin, therefore, have sin. This is why babies are baptized, to cleanse their souls. This is why theologians believe that babies that die before they are baptized go into Limbo....never to see God, but never to see Hell either. This is why Jesus, and his mother Mary, are held in such high reverence - they are both products of immaculate conception.

Fact If the women blames the baby for her rape she is wrong. Don't you agree?

No, I don't, because I don't know a single woman that blames the baby for the rape itself. Now, I've never been raped, nor have I been pregnant, but I would imagine that they feel "dirty" because such a horrible incident happened in the first place, and they certainly don't want to raise a baby who a)they don't know where half of their genes come from, therefore, they don't know what kind of illnesses/disorders the child could be at risk for, and b)is a constant reminder of their violation.

Point being the baby is innocent and did not commit the rape. Secondly the woman would be killing someone that can carry on her life as part of her genetic make up is the child’s

Abortion and rape are very similar. Both violate a persons rights. Rights given to us by our creator.

As I pointed out, babies are not considered innocent. Secondly, the woman can go on to have other children who will have her genetic makeup, as well as that of the partner of her choosing, not someone that forced himself upon her.

You cannot violate the rights of a fetus, because they don't have the same rights as the rest of us. And as I also said before, not everyone believes in God and Jesus, and therefore, do not view it this way.

Proudly Pro Life JP Freeman[/QUOTE]

Stace said:
Well, if you don't follow the teachings of the Bible, everything it says is irrelevant.

According to the Bible, though, life does not begin until you have a soul. And fetuses do not yet have souls.

Please Define sentience Lets go to the Good Book instead of the dictionary
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." --Jeremiah 1:5
The Lord Knew us even before we were in the womb. Sentience
"...and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother's womb." --Luke 1:15;
How could the Holy Spirit ever fill anything but a person?
Again Sentience
"This is what the Lord says- He who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you" --Isaiah 44:2
The Lord recognizes the baby in the womb and helps it survive. Sentience.
"For You created my innermost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." --Psalm 139:13-14
Sentience Made in the image of God and being recognized as one of God's children. My definition back up by no dictionary man made but by the Word of God.
"Before I was born the Lord called me...from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name." "And now the Lord says-He who formed me in the womb to be His servant..." --Isaiah 49:1,5
When we abort we take a servent from the Lord.
"Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One form us both within our mothers?" --Job 31:15
Yes The same God that form you in your mothers womb form the thousands of babies being aborted everyday.
"But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace..." --Galatians 1:15
I guess God is recognizing The Baby in His or Her"s Mother's womb as Sentience Why would he call?
"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." --Psalm 51:5
Oh yes The sin that Adam and Eve commited for which we are saved by Jesus's shed blood. I guess God knows even in our Mothers womb we were charged with this sin until Jesus saved us. I guess we were sentience

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall surely be punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life..." --Exodus 21:22-25
The Good Lord Knows the baby inside the Mothers womb is protected by the 6th commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill"
The Bible passages were taken from abortioninfo.net the comments after are by me. I was setience in my Mothers womb and so were you? Why destroy a Baby created in the image of God.
God Bless,

Also according to many church teachings, babies are not innocent. They were created in sin, therefore, have sin. This is why babies are baptized, to cleanse their souls. This is why theologians believe that babies that die before they are baptized go into Limbo....never to see God, but never to see Hell either. This is why Jesus, and his mother Mary, are held in such high reverence - they are both products of immaculate conception.

"The Sin is Adam & Eve's sin the Catholic church calls this original sin. I believe the Catholic Church has changed it's position on Limbo. As Far as Immaculate conception or virgin giving birth. Today it is possible for a virgin to give birth, With the help from medical science. So I guess if man can do it, God can do it better. Remember we are created in His image". Yes when we abort we are killing someone God created in his image.

Please Define sentience Lets go to the Good Book instead of the dictionary
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." --Jeremiah 1:5
The Lord Knew us even before we were in the womb. Sentience
"...and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother's womb." --Luke 1:15;
How could the Holy Spirit ever fill anything but a person?
Again Sentience
"This is what the Lord says- He who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you" --Isaiah 44:2
The Lord recognizes the baby in the womb and helps it survive. Sentience.
"For You created my innermost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." --Psalm 139:13-14
Sentience Made in the image of God and being recognized as one of God's children. My definition back up by no dictionary man made but by the Word of God.
"Before I was born the Lord called me...from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name." "And now the Lord says-He who formed me in the womb to be His servant..." --Isaiah 49:1,5
When we abort we take a servent from the Lord.
"Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One form us both within our mothers?" --Job 31:15
Yes The same God that form you in your mothers womb form the thousands of babies being aborted everyday.
"But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace..." --Galatians 1:15
I guess God is recognizing The Baby in His or Her"s Mother's womb as Sentience Why would he call?
"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." --Psalm 51:5
Oh yes The sin that Adam and Eve commited for which we are saved by Jesus's shed blood. I guess God knows even in our Mothers womb we were charged with this sin until Jesus saved us. I guess we were sentience

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall surely be punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life..." --Exodus 21:22-25
The Good Lord Knows the baby inside the Mothers womb is protected by the 6th commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill"
The Bible passages were taken from abortioninfo.net the comments after are by me. I was setience in my Mothers womb and so were you? Why destroy a Baby created in the image of God.
God Bless,

"The Sin is Adam & Eve's sin the Catholic church calls this original sin. I believe the Catholic Church has changed it's position on Limbo. As Far as Immaculate conception or virgin giving birth. Today it is possible for a virgin to give birth, With the help from medical science. So I guess if man can do it, God can do it better. Remember we are created in His image". Yes when we abort we are killing someone God created in his image.

Um...that's great and all, but doesn't really prove any point to me. Perhaps those passages mean more to Christians, but I'm agnostic, so it doesn't mean anything one way or the other. And yes, I know that I use Bible verses to get my points across, but that's because I try and speak the language....you know, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Well, if I'm talking to Christians, I'll speak Christian.....

Though I will say that as far as Exodus 21:22-25 is concerned, that one is saying that if two men are fighting, and one causes a woman to miscarry, her husband levels a fine against the offender. But if the wife herself is killed, or injured further than just the miscarriage, then the husband is to take whatever actions necessary to equal the damage. Besides, that's Old Testament stuff....

Now, what I don't understand is why so many people can be pro-life when it comes to the abortion issue, but they support the death penalty so aggressively....if you truly think that every life is precious, then what is the death penalty teaching anyone?

Anyway....again, I am not a Christian, therefore, I do not believe that I was created in God's image or any of that.

JP...
The majority of your bible references are taken out of context.. So let me do the same........

Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life.

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life." -- Exodus 21:22-23

The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.

"And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver." -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.

"Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD." -- Numbers 3:15-16

God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.

"Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts." -- Hosea 9:14

"Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb." -- Hosea 9:16

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." -- Hosea 13:16

God sometimes kills newborn babies to punish their parents.

"Because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die." -- 2 Samuel 12:14

God sometimes causes abortions by cursing unfaithful wives.

"The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed." -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

God's law sometimes requires the execution (by burning to death) of pregnant women.

"Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt." -- Genesis 38:24

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html

Stace said:
Um...that's great and all, but doesn't really prove any point to me. Perhaps those passages mean more to Christians, but I'm agnostic, so it doesn't mean anything one way or the other. And yes, I know that I use Bible verses to get my points across, but that's because I try and speak the language....you know, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Well, if I'm talking to Christians, I'll speak Christian.....

Though I will say that as far as Exodus 21:22-25 is concerned, that one is saying that if two men are fighting, and one causes a woman to miscarry, her husband levels a fine against the offender. But if the wife herself is killed, or injured further than just the miscarriage, then the husband is to take whatever actions necessary to equal the damage. Besides, that's Old Testament stuff....

Now, what I don't understand is why so many people can be pro-life when it comes to the abortion issue, but they support the death penalty so aggressively....if you truly think that every life is precious, then what is the death penalty teaching anyone?

Anyway....again, I am not a Christian, therefore, I do not believe that I was created in God's image or any of that.

Christians, Jews, and Moslems Believe that we are created in God's image. It is truely amazing, Let us take the "Virgin Birth" For an example years ago and even today it is called a fairy tale or some Christians say we can not take it litterally. Today Medical Science proves it is possible. The Bible said it was possible 2,000 years ago. Sterilization Quarrantine Many believe Cook, Lister Pasteure were the originators of these procededures , They are in the old testament in Levitcus, Thousands of years before these men were born.There is so many Scientific facts in the Bible told to us thousands of years before we dicovered them. I guess that is why it remains the best seller year after year. Try it what do you have to lose.

Christians, Jews, and Moslems Believe that we are created in God's image. It is truely amazing, Let us take the "Virgin Birth" For an example years ago and even today it is called a fairy tale or some Christians say we can not take it litterally. Today Medical Science proves it is possible. The Bible said it was possible 2,000 years ago. Sterilization Quarrantine Many believe Cook, Lister Pasteure were the originators of these procededures , They are in the old testament in Levitcus, Thousands of years before these men were born.There is so many Scientific facts in the Bible told to us thousands of years before we dicovered them. I guess that is why it remains the best seller year after year. Try it what do you have to lose.

How does a medical procedure prove anything? Mary's parents, nor Mary herself, had that procedure available to them.

I've tried reading the Bible and attending church and all that....I just can't buy into it.

Stace said:
How does a medical procedure prove anything? Mary's parents, nor Mary herself, had that procedure available to them.

THe mere fact that it was mention in the Bible thousands of years before it was possible for man to do or even believe . Think of the heat that was taken before Medical Science now says it is possible. Maybe that is why it is only mention in two of the Gospels. Again God did something that man is just becoming capable of doing.

I've tried reading the Bible and attending church and all that....I just can't buy into it.

Try different churches until you find one you like. Then give it a chance you will have a new life.

Try different churches until you find one you like. Then give it a chance you will have a new life.

Now your pushing your religion on people?

Intolerant Christians.....

I have tried different churches. I attended Baptist church as a child. I attended Lutheran churches as a teen with my boyfriend and his family. I tried the Protestant thing in Basic Training. The denomination doesn't make a difference to me....other than the fact that they seem to have radically different ways of interpreting the same book. No, it's the Bible itself that I don't buy into.

Stace said:
I have tried different churches. I attended Baptist church as a child. I attended Lutheran churches as a teen with my boyfriend and his family. I tried the Protestant thing in Basic Training. The denomination doesn't make a difference to me....other than the fact that they seem to have radically different ways of interpreting the same book. No, it's the Bible itself that I don't buy into.

Why is that? I guess what don't you buy? Maybe if your interested in science and the Bible do a search, find some books and get hooked. That is what happen to me. Please I hope you don't think Iam pushing religion on you. I know your smart enough to make that decision for yourself. I was brought up Catholic. I still go to Catholic Church but find myself in my wife's church more often. My wife is a Baptist There is a stong family atmosphere there People are more involve. They also have a great kids program. Don't stop looking though. God Bless

So... nothing to say about my Bible references JP?

Why is that? I guess what don't you buy? Maybe if your interested in science and the Bible do a search, find some books and get hooked. That is what happen to me. Please I hope you don't think Iam pushing religion on you. I know your smart enough to make that decision for yourself. I was brought up Catholic. I still go to Catholic Church but find myself in my wife's church more often. My wife is a Baptist There is a stong family atmosphere there People are more involve. They also have a great kids program. Don't stop looking though. God Bless

Thanks for the suggestions, but no, I'm not interested in science and the Bible or any of that....there are many things about the Bible that I just don't believe, or don't agree with. I've been researching religions for many months now, trying to find one that fits me, because I don't shun religion entirely. Right now, I'm actually leaning towards Wicca, but I haven't made any decisions yet. I know that churches can be a great community, but at this time in my life, I don't feel that it's the right thing/place for me.

Stace said:
Thanks for the suggestions, but no, I'm not interested in science and the Bible or any of that....there are many things about the Bible that I just don't believe, or don't agree with. I've been researching religions for many months now, trying to find one that fits me, because I don't shun religion entirely. Right now, I'm actually leaning towards Wicca, but I haven't made any decisions yet. I know that churches can be a great community, but at this time in my life, I don't feel that it's the right thing/place for me.

HMMM Wicca? I have some idea what it is about. Something to do with witchcraft? Tell me a little about it. Are there commandments or laws? Are there Saints, What do Wiccas call Christmas? Is there religious writings?

HMMM Wicca? I have some idea what it is about. Something to do with witchcraft? Tell me a little about it. Are there commandments or laws? Are there Saints, What do Wiccas call Christmas? Is there religious writings?

Wicca is an earth based religion. Witchcraft is a part of Wicca, but not required...not all Wiccans actually practice witchcraft, and it is not witchcraft in the sense of "Bewitched" or Harry Potter. Wiccans follow one basic Reed, which is "Harm ye none, do what ye will". There are no specific gods or saints, as there are different branches of Wicca. Wiccans call Christmas, Christmas....what else would they call it? However, the traditional Wiccan winter celebration is Winter Solstice. There are books about Wicca, but there's no Bible so to speak.....there are ceremonies, with certain rituals, but there is no standard and you are actually encouraged to write your own rituals.

It'd be very hard for me to truly explain Wicca within the confines of this forum....if you truly are interested in learning about it, I'd highly recommend Wicca: The Complete Craft by D.J. Conway. It is extremely informative about the origins and basics of the Craft.

Now a question of my own: Are you aware that nearly everything involved in Christianity was derived from various Pagan faiths?

Stace said:
Wicca is an earth based religion. Witchcraft is a part of Wicca, but not required...not all Wiccans actually practice witchcraft, and it is not witchcraft in the sense of "Bewitched" or Harry Potter. Wiccans follow one basic Reed, which is "Harm ye none, do what ye will". There are no specific gods or saints, as there are different branches of Wicca. Wiccans call Christmas, Christmas....what else would they call it? However, the traditional Wiccan winter celebration is Winter Solstice. There are books about Wicca, but there's no Bible so to speak.....there are ceremonies, with certain rituals, but there is no standard and you are actually encouraged to write your own rituals.

It'd be very hard for me to truly explain Wicca within the confines of this forum....if you truly are interested in learning about it, I'd highly recommend Wicca: The Complete Craft by D.J. Conway. It is extremely informative about the origins and basics of the Craft.

Now a question of my own: Are you aware that nearly everything involved in Christianity was derived from various Pagan faiths?

Not everything Jesus died for our sins. I know the date of his birth is wrong and I always quetion Why we celebrate Easter Sunday Rather than Easter Monday? Allot of the converted peoples celebrated special days so the early church change the date to conform with pagon holidays.

Stace said:

It just hit me Wicca is a Pro Life religion Harm ye none? sounds Pro Life to me.

It just hit me Wicca is a Pro Life religion Harm ye none? sounds Pro Life to me.

Not quite. Sometimes, following the Reed to a letter is not always possible, and it is merely advice, not law. In cases where harm would come to another, you have to determine whether or not more harm would be caused by taking alternate courses of action. There's a lot more involved in the decision, but that's the basics.

Not everything Jesus died for our sins. I know the date of his birth is wrong and I always quetion Why we celebrate Easter Sunday Rather than Easter Monday? Allot of the converted peoples celebrated special days so the early church change the date to conform with pagon holidays.

Jesus may have died for your sins, but the concept of his immaculate birth certainly isn't anything new.

http://home.earthlink.net/~pgwhacker/ChristianOrigins/

This is but one resource on the subject, but it is quite extensive and thorough.

Fact If the women blames the baby for her rape she is wrong. Don't you agree? The question has to be asked does God's law permit the killing of an innocent person?

But rejoice in so far as you are sharing in Christ sufferings so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12

But if you endure when you do right and suffer for it you have Gods approval. 1 Peter vs 20-24

Assuming that a guy that looks like Santa Clause dressed in a Jesus costume actually lives in the sky and that Jesus actually was his son and wasn't just a man. Also assuming that the current Bible isn't just some garbage that has been rewritten over and over again by syphilitic monks..... Yeah I guess.

But I do not share your beliefs when it comes to god. And since I don't agree with you on that then, no I don't agree with you on not blaming the unborn for rape. Actually aborting the child isn't blaming it for the rape it is cleansing the victim of the part of the crime she would have to live with as a possible burden.

But I do have a question regarding your belief and scenario...

What if the rape victim is carrying her FATHERS INCESTUOUS child?

What say you and your religion?

Saboteur said:
Assuming that a guy that looks like Santa Clause dressed in a Jesus costume actually lives in the sky and that Jesus actually was his son and wasn't just a man. Also assuming that the current Bible isn't just some garbage that has been rewritten over and over again by syphilitic monks..... Yeah I guess.

Stace How did you come to these conclusions? The Bible has not used that description of God??(Note we are created in his image) Jesus was a Man. Heaven in the sky yes Earth is in the sky Mars is in the sky Heaven is a Place.

But I do not share your beliefs when it comes to god. And since I don't agree with you on that then, no I don't agree with you on not blaming the unborn for rape. Actually aborting the child isn't blaming it for the rape it is cleansing the victim of the part of the crime she would have to live with as a possible burden.

Cleansing a new word for killing. Sure it will be a burden a sacrifice, I offered the Bible verses as comfort. Cleansing should not be used to describe abortion. Abortion is dirty not cleasing it is killing another human being.

But I do have a question regarding your belief and scenario...

What if the rape victim is carrying her FATHERS INCESTUOUS child?
Again the person that should be punished is the father. Don't you agree? Killing the Baby is wrong. That Baby is innocent adoption is an option Again The Bible verses offer comfort.

What say you and your religion?

I say abortion is the killing of an innocent human being. DNA proves this. And how can anyone say a baby is guilty of anything. Please stace look for comfort and peace throught the Bible. A book for Rape victims for those that have aborted, and those that have lost a baby is "I'll Hold You In Heaven " by Jack Hayford. I guess you will find what religion says in the Bible. If you can not read the Bible it is available on CD. God Bless I wish you a Merry Christmas and good Health and Happiness for the new year.

Cleansing should not be used to describe abortion. Abortion is dirty not cleasing it is killing another human being.
Abortion is not "dirty" and it doesn't kill a human being, so your argument is nonsnese. That means that "cleansing" is perfectly appropriate, right?
Killing the Baby is wrong. That Baby is innocent adoption is an option
There is no baby until birth. And adoption is a parenting decision, not a pregnancy decision.
I say abortion is the killing of an innocent human being.
You SAY that. Just like some people say that the Earth is flat, or that "intelligent design" is science. People say all sorts of things that are not factual.
DNA proves this.
Nope.
And how can anyone say a baby is guilty of anything.
We are not talking about babies.
Please stace look for comfort and peace throught the Bible. A book for Rape victims for those that have aborted, and those that have lost a baby is "I'll Hold You In Heaven " by Jack Hayford.
AGAIN? You sure push that a lot. Is this spamming? Did you write this book or get financial kickback from advertizing it?

Wha :spank:
steen said:
Abortion is not "dirty" and it doesn't kill a human being, so your argument is nonsnese. That means that "cleansing" is perfectly appropriate, right?
There is no baby until birth. And adoption is a parenting decision, not a pregnancy decision.
You SAY that. Just like some people say that the Earth is flat, or that "intelligent design" is science. People say all sorts of things that are not factual.
Nope.
We are not talking about babies.
AGAIN? You sure push that a lot. Is this spamming? Did you write this book or get financial kickback from advertizing it?

Like I really care You have lost all credibility DNA says it is a human being and so does common sense.:mothers_d

Back
Top Bottom