• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rap and drill music is part of America's racial problem

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This may be the first time I ever agreed with Juan Williams. Even he sees the damage this so called music does and he like me was disgusted with the halftime show. You really shouldn't let your kids listen to this crap. If you do you are a bad parent.

"It sells to young people globally, Black, White, Latino and Asian. But the bulk of the audience is mostly young, White males attracted by adrenaline pumping fantasy domination of women and fearless embrace of ‘gangsta’ rap,’ with violent young men boasting about gunning down rivals.

Now ‘gangsta rap," has grown even more deadly, evolving into "drill music."

Yes, that is "drill," as in "drilling" people with gunfire.

And make no mistake, the person doing the "drilling," is a young Black man firing at another young Black man."

This is some kind of a "culture" that they have created isnt it? Y I K E S ! ! !

But the Police are just "racist"...heh heh heh UH HUH, sure thats the problem!!!!:rolleyes:
Think I'll just go ahead and stay FAR FAR AWAY from those areas. I feel truly sorry for the people trapped there that cant afford to leave.
The propensity to attempt to have government play the role of "father"....well that isnt working out so great, WHO WOULDA THUNK?!?
My god, what a freaking MESS, and getting worse by the day and not better!

FATHER YOUR CHILDREN people!!! You are the Captain of your own destiny!

He points out that the bulk of the audience is white kids, yet he spends all his time talking about why it's bad for Black kids. Double standard?

One way to attract black kids away from this rap scourge, since it seems to negatively affect them might be to not take books that are interesting to them out if school libraries.

This may be the first time I ever agreed with Juan Williams. Even he sees the damage this so called music does and he like me was disgusted with the halftime show. You really shouldn't let your kids listen to this crap. If you do you are a bad parent.

"It sells to young people globally, Black, White, Latino and Asian. But the bulk of the audience is mostly young, White males attracted by adrenaline pumping fantasy domination of women and fearless embrace of ‘gangsta’ rap,’ with violent young men boasting about gunning down rivals.

Now ‘gangsta rap," has grown even more deadly, evolving into "drill music."

Yes, that is "drill," as in "drilling" people with gunfire.

And make no mistake, the person doing the "drilling," is a young Black man firing at another young Black man."

That Williams piece is an eye-opener ... and a rather depressing one at that.

He points out that the bulk of the audience is white kids, yet he spends all his time talking about why it's bad for Black kids. Double standard?
That is just an incredibly ignorant statement when you consider the number of young, black men murdered in our cities each year. Try forgoing the small thrill you get from race-baiting on these pages and consider the human suffering involved here.

One way to attract black kids away from this rap scourge, since it seems to negatively affect them might be to not take books that are interesting to them out if school libraries.
Maybe it's because black kids are shooting each other for fun and profit.

Why does rap music primarily seem to be an old white conservative person who never listens to rap music problem?
Juan Williams is black and gangster culture is everybody's problem.

That is just an incredibly ignorant statement when you consider the number of young, black men murdered in our cities each year. Try forgoing the small thrill you get from race-baiting on these pages and consider the human suffering involved here.

See the post above this one.

Juan Williams is black and gangster culture is everybody's problem.

Get over yourself.

Gangster culture will never be my problem.

Stop being afraid of so many different things. Breathe deeply. Relax.

What a sad, boring, miserable, small-hearted existence.

But if white kids are greatest consumers of rap and they aren't "shooting each other for fun and profit," how can rap be the problem?
Only a matter of time. White kids have emulated black culture for a long time now. In the past this was a positive that led to things like Elvis and the blues becoming mainstream music. Now we have this black on black thug culture violence glorified through music and white kids are following along getting inked up to look the part and talking the talk. Only a matter of time until they join in with actual violence and start shooting each other to prove they are the real thing.

Get over yourself.

Gangster culture will never be my problem.

Stop being afraid of so many different things. Breathe deeply. Relax.

What a sad, boring, miserable, small-hearted existence.
I'm sorry you don't feel all these murders of black kids at near war levels in cities like Chicago is not your problem. It does bother me and I don't want to see it spread throughout America.

Why does rap music primarily seem to be an old white conservative person who never listens to rap music problem?

It's more of a Rap singer's problem than any white conservative.

Considering that their competition and listeners kill each other off like predators?

Capture.JPG

Only a matter of time. White kids have emulated black culture for a long time now. In the past this was a positive that led to things like Elvis and the blues becoming mainstream music. Now we have this black on black thug culture violence glorified through music and white kids are following along getting inked up to look the part and talking the talk. Only a matter of time until they join in with actual violence and start shooting each other to prove they are the real thing.

It's odd. I saw the halftime show. It was a good time.

Then I read your post and I feel so many different forms of fear from you based on the same event. What I mean is that many of your posts ooze with a fear that is alien to me. There is nothing I am afraid of to the degree that you express in your posts--not even during a pandemic--and you're talking about black people that you will never meet and who will never pose any danger to you. And yet, you have this fear anyway.

While I was enjoying the show, you were watching the same thing and shitting yourself.

It's kind of sad, isn't it?

The halftime show was a great, nostalgic time. I didn't feel any need to ruin the experience by doing a wikipedia search for how many rappers have been killed.

So the argument fails until further notice. Meanwhile, I'll remain skeptical.

Black on black violence is as old as the republic itself. It doesn't exist because of music. It exists because, quite frankly, we don't give a damn, except when we want to bash black people, or, in this case, rap, for it.

The dimoklan party calls that a silver lining

It's odd. I saw the halftime show. It was a good time.

Then I read your post and I feel so many different forms of fear from you based on the same event. What I mean is that many of your posts ooze with a fear that is alien to me. There is nothing I am afraid of to the degree that you express in your posts--not even during a pandemic--and you're talking about black people that you will never meet and who will never pose any danger to you. And yet, you have this fear anyway.

While I was enjoying the show, you were watching the same thing and shitting yourself.

It's kind of sad, isn't it?

The halftime show was a great, nostalgic time.
You have obviously been brainwashed by this so called music and see nothing wrong with glorifying violence, misogyny and thug culture in general. Those of us outside that bubble looking in are abhorred by this glamorous portrayal of all things evil.

So the argument fails until further notice. Meanwhile, I'll remain skeptical.

Black on black violence is as old as the republic itself. It doesn't exist because of music. It exists because, quite frankly, we don't give a damn, except when we want to bash black people, or, in this case, rap, for it.
So to be clear you defend this so called music and don't agree with Juan Williams that it has a negative impact on black society?

You have obviously been brainwashed by this so called music and see nothing wrong with glorifying violence, misogyny and thug culture in general. Those of us outside that bubble looking in are abhorred by this glamorous portrayal of all things evil.

I have made no comment about the music itself, just the illogical argument about what it must be responsible for.

I guess I could have predicted that an ad homenim fallacy would follow.

I know.....RIGHT?

Like who DOESN'T enjoy a very pretty and uplifting, life affirming song about punching holes into human beings....am I right? AMIRITE?

Who, but a poor dumb conservative European White Male, could ever fail to see the intrinsic value and true therapeutic beauty of this AMAZING "art".....again: am I right? AMIRITE?!?!?

Any thoughts at all on why this particular demographic/genre has adopted "lets shoot some people and steal some shit!!" as its mantra Yakshi? What kind of behavior is this?

Its worthy of serious discussion IMO. The Hip Hop Culture is truly caustic to decent society, Juan Williams has a legit point and I think you should seriously reflect on that.

See the post above this one.
Rap is not the problem. Rap is a symptom of a deeper problem: urban violence and the toleration -- and even glorification for profit -- of that violence.

Now back to my point: my criticism of you is that this is a problem you would rather ignore as it doesn't seem to fit your politics. That is selfish.

So to be clear you defend this so called music and don't agree with Juan Williams that it has a negative impact on black society?

There are other things that have a much more negative impact on black society. Blaming rap is a way to avoid talking about those things.

Back
Top Bottom